1.    #1  
    What is the name of the patch that allows you to change JUST the sound of your text message notifications as a whole, rather than for individual contacts. I want to be able to change my texts from my emails but i can't find the patch that allows me to do this. I remember i had it on 1.1 in conjunction with Kaery's old mynotification and a patch i installed through quilt lite but now i can't find one that has the same functionality in preware's patch feed.
    "SMS Tone per Contact" now contains everything all wrapped in one patch. it will let you change the sound for ALL text messages via the pre's Sound and Notifications app.

and for others who want a specific sound for a text msg from a specific contact, the option to specify that sound is also available, via the contact's profile page in edit mode.
  3.    #3  
    I want to be able to just change the text messaging sound without changing anything else such as alerts (battery, email, etc).
  4.    #4  
    Will the SMS contact patch let me do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Will the SMS contact patch let me do that?
    Yes, the only additional functionality of this patch is that it also gives you the ability to change the alert and notification tones in the Sounds & Alerts app. But you do not have to change them.

The ability to play a custom alert for SMS is not a stock functionality, rather it was created by Ikyo.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yes, the only additional functionality of this patch is that it also gives you the ability to change the alert and notification tones in the Sounds & Alerts app. But you do not have to change them.

The ability to play a custom alert for SMS is not a stock functionality, rather it was created by Ikyo.

hey man but its working .. ty to install the sms per contact but i have a error 4! .. thank you!