Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A patch has been added in the autopatch feed available via preware or WebOS Quick Install to enhance the browser. This adds a URL entry field in landscape mode, and also navigational shortcuts. It also adds the option to download or stream streamable files.

ADDED THESE FUNCTIONALITIES TO THE BROWSER -drnull & drPodder development

* Backspace=top of page
    * Enter=bottom of page
    * Shift = page up
    * Space = page down
    * Period = scroll down a line (50 pixels technically).
    reference thread, thanks Fritos!!
    Simple HOWto: Download In Browser

I believe Jason Robitaille edited the patch and uploaded it for use in webOS 1.2.x
    Last edited by hmagoo; 10/04/2009 at 07:07 AM.
    I had version 0.4.0 which worked fine. This morning, removing it worked fine, but installing 0.4.2 is now giving me an error [4]
    I found that its always better to remove all patches, luna restart, and reinstall all patches ( no themes ) and then luna restart again. Afterwards do your theme (if any).

hope this helps... Always solves my error 4's...

oh and always uuse the emergency patch removal.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I tried the patch on both 1.2 and 1.2.1 and it doesnt work for me
    i just ran the emergency repair patch to restore everything. reinstalling the "Browser Multipatch" still gives an error [4]
    The shift navigational shortcut to go a page up is not working for me. Everything else works fine. I'm using 1.2.1. Thanks for a nice patch!
    The browser patch creates 2 files. The removal script doesn't delete them on removal, which can cause issues trying to install updated version.

For a makeshift solution, see http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1946548

I feel I must point out, v0.4.0 was severely bugged and would prevent streaming media
    works just as its suppose to

great work on this jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The browser patch creates 2 files. The removal script doesn't delete them on removal, which can cause issues trying to install updated version.

For a makeshift solution, see http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1946548

I feel I must point out, v0.4.0 was severely bugged and would prevent streaming media
    thx for the info. i followed the instructions on that post and removed both of those file, then rebooted the pre (complete reboot, not just the luna reboot). i'm still unable to install the Browser Multi-Patch via preware. it's still showing an error [4]

attached is the error message that i see when trying to install it with WebOS Quick Install v2.7. it's the same error message i see when installing with preware as well.

is there anything else i can/should do to get this working?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #10  
    looks to me like the files are there.
    which means that my attempt to delete the two files jason mentioned in his post did not work. i'm going to try deleting those two files again and see if it makes a difference.

UPDATE: nope same exact error message. idk what else to try...

UPDATE #2: so i just used Internalz and see that both files are still there. so it looks like WebOS Quick Install v2.7 was not able to delete those 2 files after all.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

UPDATE #3: so the next thing i tried was to go into the terminal app on the pre to manually remove those files. i got the same message for both of the files above:

Cannot remove 'name of file' : read-only filesystem
    The patch works fine for me, except that the Shift Key doesn't page up. Are we still supposed to have the "stream / download" option when we click streaming media, or does this mean that those files were not deleted?
    Sorry guys, forgot to remove created files in EPR. Version 1.1.4 correctly removes those files that were created by a patch.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    will you be releasing 1.1.4 today, or tomorrow? so i don't keep reloading preware
    +1
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    will you be releasing 1.1.4 today, or tomorrow? so i don't keep reloading preware
    Should be in the feed in 10-15 minutes

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    installed this patch about 1/2 hour ago....****ft does not work to pageup
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Sorry guys, forgot to remove created files in EPR. Version 1.1.4 correctly removes those files that were created by a patch.
    negative :\ it looks like those two files refuses to be deleted. after running the EPR 1.1.4, rebooting, and reinstalling this patch, i am seeing the exact same error in the IPKG Log, as before.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    negative :\ it looks like those two files refuses to be deleted. after running the EPR 1.1.4, rebooting, and reinstalling this patch, i am seeing the exact same error in the IPKG Log, as before.
    Ditto.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    after running the faulty EPR, the files were recovered by an empty backup file (instead of deleted which is the bug). If you are in this case you have to manually delete the files. You can use the terminal app and type the following:

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f <file>
    rm -f <file>
    mount -o ro,remount /

-Eric G

Donate
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast