Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    the multi mod is listed under unknown in preware right now

if you go into list of everything and type in multimod it will pop up
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I see it but it shows up with remove only
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the multi mod is listed under unknown in preware right now

if you go into list of everything and type in multimod it will pop up
    Fixed, update feeds.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i'm having trouble downloading the muliti mod on preware it gives me the error occured while running tmp/ipkgscript.sh how do i fix this?
    Is it possible to map the Back button to a hard key as well? I find the hard key Page Up and Down incredibly useful, but I seem to get interrupted when browsing when I need to go back a page (i.e. my fingers are already on the keyboard so it's distracting to have to move back to the gesture area or screen again). Thanks!
    Suggestion: might want to say what buttons are the hotkeys in the Preware description for people who don't follow through to the thread.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So I just updated and its working fine except the version I used to have was different in one area I liked and was enjoying more. The ~period~ used to scroll 'down one line' at a time and now it scrolls 'up one page' at a time.

I felt the first way fashioned more useful as scrolling down is the majority way people would use this and having 2 ways to do that was great. Jumping from bottom to top is good enough for an 'up shortcut' (backspace).

Using one line down at a time seemed more easy on the eyes and replaced the finger scrolling on the screen itself. Being able to hold the period down and scrolling desired amounts of a page at a time was also nice.

Since the 'orange' and the 'up' button are not utilized, may be that tweak can be added back in?..

Oh, and did I mention this is a superior patch and big thanks to those involved!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Suggestion: might want to say what buttons are the hotkeys in the Preware description for people who don't follow through to the thread.
    Will try to get that updated

Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Is it possible to map the Back button to a hard key as well? I find the hard key Page Up and Down incredibly useful, but I seem to get interrupted when browsing when I need to go back a page (i.e. my fingers are already on the keyboard so it's distracting to have to move back to the gesture area or screen again). Thanks!
    Will look into that

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So I just updated and its working fine except the version I used to have was different in one area I liked and was enjoying more. The ~period~ used to scroll 'down one line' at a time and now it scrolls 'up one page' at a time.

I felt the first way fashioned more useful as scrolling down is the majority way people would use this and having 2 ways to do that was great. Jumping from bottom to top is good enough for an 'up shortcut' (backspace).

Using one line down at a time seemed more easy on the eyes and replaced the finger scrolling on the screen itself. Being able to hold the period down and scrolling desired amounts of a page at a time was also nice.

Since the 'orange' and the 'up' button are not utilized, may be that tweak can be added back in?..

Oh, and did I mention this is a superior patch and big thanks to those involved!
    The problem is:
    Mapping the UP key disallows any to select text. While that maybe alot of people don't use, i felt it was better to have it working.. then remove it completely in case someone did need it.

The believe i could use the orange button, but how would the keys get mapped then?.. (feedback/voting needed people)

How does this sound?
    space - page down
    period - page up
    sym - 50px down
    enter - top of page
    backspace - bottom of page
    Last edited by daventx; 10/27/2009 at 02:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I completely spaced those options off! My bad.. .

Your new proposal sounds perfect. I like the idea of having those 5 buttons all along the one side, bottom corner to effortlessly command the correct (scrolling) function w/o even having to look at the keys...

If I wasn't typing this mobile I would hit your Thanks button so again, thanks!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    what does it mean if you get a ipkg error?
    Newest Patch:
    http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-mul...1.2.1-10.patch

Added features:
    # Url bar shows when you use Enter for top of page

This fixes:
    # Remapping keys

The keys for this patch is as follows:
    Space - page down
    Period - page up
    Sym - 50px down
    Enter - top of page
    Backspace - bottom of page

Won't be submitting for a few days.. depending on feedback/comments.

There seems to be issues with using Orange for going back one page.. but still playing around and testing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by daventx; 10/27/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    what does it mean if you get a ipkg error?
    What the error?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    error: an error occured while attemtpting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh

then it goes on into this whoe hunk 4 hunk 5 failed and so on then skipping patch then offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patched.browser-multi-mod.perm
    i get the same error, and noticed that other browser patches will not install on my phone. Swipe History will not install, either. I've tried Preware and QI.

I'm uninstalling apps and patches to see if one of them is interfering.

EDIT: I tried a Partial Erase, and that did not solve the problem
    Last edited by discolightning; 10/27/2009 at 02:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i'm waiting to see what this guy daventx says
    update: I doctored the phone, and the Multi Mod finally installed! Hope you don't have to do the same. It's still pretty easy.
    There has got to be some other patch that is messing up the Multi Mod what its trying to match text to patch.

What other patches do you have installed?
    thanks best patch out there! Love the hotkeys
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i ran the epr and it downloaded i dont know what the epr did hope it didnt delete any patches but it helped. so it did delete all my patches and now i cant install the virtual keyboard so maybe those two are having problems with each other p.s. adding the battery percentage at the top also wont download i had both of those last time now i cant get them i have all the other patches i had before. hope that helps you.
    Last edited by licant; 10/27/2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    i ran the epr and it downloaded i dont know what the epr did hope it didnt delete any patches but it helped.
    Actually, it should have deleted ALL of your installed patches. That's what EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) is supposed to do -- it backs out all of your installed patches and restores the affected system files back to their pre-patch states. Did you read anything about the EPR patch before you did it? -- The EPR description is pretty well laid out both in Preware as well as the patches thread here at precentral.

Now you just have to go back and reinstall all those which weren't causing you issues (which I assume is why you ran EPR in the first place).
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast