Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 313
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    each file that has the .rej ending. there were 5 total
    glad to see you got it fixed there threefiftyli
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    I have some strong feelings on this, let's see if I can rationalize them here. This is what I'd like to see:

    Space = page down
    Period = page up
    Enter = bottom of page
    Backspace = top of page

    First, the most critical button here is page down. Most browsing of a web page (especially forums like PreCentral) is page down, page down, page down; so it makes sense that the largest, easiest to access key (centered on the keyboard in both portrait and either landscape) be the space bar. From there, I'd say I'd really want the period to be page up, as I frequently need to go back up a page and that's the closest to where my thumb is from paging down. Anyone who uses Google Reader will understand this need because the user often has to page back up several times after you expand a feed item and it shoves you down the screen too far.

    The next two priorities in my book are the top/bottom of the page as often there are menu items that we need to jump to that are located at the top or bottom. Enter for bottom and backspace for top have been working well for those functions.

    Regarding the previous button for scroll down by a line... Personally, I didn't use it. If I was reading long columns of text I'd use page down to scroll the page, if I needed to shift the page just a few lines (rare) I'd just use my finger to scroll.

    Thoughts? Obviously a user config would be nice but not sure how that can work out. Also, what about a patch to allow a user to scroll in an email via these same controls?
    I see no reason not to use the setup you mention. As bad as it sounds, I rarely have browsed on my pre. Any one else have input on this setup?

    Having configs for this starts moving towards making it an app and not a patch, and thats a bit outta my league right now.

    Regarding the email controls, PM me.. after i get this stable and everyone happy, i may give it a go.

    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I think removing the bottom page option was a good idea. But it does come in handy when you're at a huge webpage and need to get to the bottom quick. How about gesture+space for bottom of page?
    I'm a hack at best.. I'd have to look into how to even grab a "gesture" for detecting.
    Last edited by daventx; 10/24/2009 at 04:03 PM.
  3. #123  
    Patch:
    OLD - http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-mul..._1.2.1-9.patch

    Added features:
    # Ability to download anything using "Orange + Click"
    Where you used to have "Open in New Card, Share Link and Copy URL" there is now a "Download URL" at the bottom
    It has no error checking, cause i wanted it to download anything.. so you can do dumb stuff like download links, html, mailto, etc etc.. but now you can grab zip, rar, patch, gz, etc etc..


    This fixes:
    # Remapping keys

    The keys for this patch is as follows: (thanks to Galtish)
    Space = page down
    Period = page up
    Enter = bottom of page
    Backspace = top of page

    If everyone is happy, i'll submit to preware later..?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by daventx; 10/27/2009 at 02:01 AM.
  4. galtish's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #124  
    Patch seems to be working great. Not sure about the attachment saving method. Post a link to a thread with a particular type of attachment and I'll check it out.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Patch seems to be working great. Not sure about the attachment saving method. Post a link to a thread with a particular type of attachment and I'll check it out.
    Its kinda something i did last minute, but its a nice ability to download anything anywhere for later use, looking at or even fixing your pre on the go.
  6. galtish's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #126  
    It downloaded the patch file from this thread, but I don't recall the previous behavior, so I don't know what the new ability is. Anyway, thanks for your work here.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  7. #127  
    Originally it would just open the patch in the browser, like a text file...

    Check your PM, i sent you a test site to try it out
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Patch seems to be working great. Not sure about the attachment saving method. Post a link to a thread with a particular type of attachment and I'll check it out.
    thank you. it works great
  9. #129  
    good job. When is 1.2.1.9 going to be submitted to preware. I was having the same download probs w/ 1.2.1.7. Thanks in advance
  10. licant's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #130  
    after I updated i'm having trouble dowloading streaming stuff. It won't give me the option anymore. Why is that.
  11. #131  
    Hello everyone. Excuse my bad English.
    I just downloaded the newest version 1.2.1-9 and install it using the Quick Install, now the patch works fine on my Pre. But now this patch does not recognize it as install nor Preware or the Quick Install. Uninstalling How do I? How do I will update when a new version of the patch? Thanks for your kind responses.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpony17 View Post
    good job. When is 1.2.1.9 going to be submitted to preware. I was having the same download probs w/ 1.2.1.7. Thanks in advance
    Umm, since some drama with the MIT licensing patches are taking a lil time to get approved. Just got a PM about 1.2.1-7 a while ago and responded. If there arent any issues (which someone mentions below) i'll submit 1.2.1-9 monday

    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    after I updated i'm having trouble dowloading streaming stuff. It won't give me the option anymore. Why is that.
    Need a link or something... per my tests with MP3's it works fine and popups a choice asking "Steam or Download". Did you use the newest 1.2.1-9? I know galtish and joetemp were having that issues with 1.2.1-7.. but that was fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by eduardoapg View Post
    Hello everyone. Excuse my bad English.
    I just downloaded the newest version 1.2.1-9 and install it using the Quick Install, now the patch works fine on my Pre. But now this patch does not recognize it as install nor Preware or the Quick Install. Uninstalling How do I? How do I will update when a new version of the patch? Thanks for your kind responses.
    I believe there is some menu selection in QI for uninstalling.. I don't use it at all however.. so maybe someone who knows it can tell you.
    Last edited by daventx; 10/25/2009 at 07:34 PM.
  13. mbendik's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Newest Patch:
    http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-mul..._1.2.1-9.patch

    Added features:
    # Ability to download anything using "Orange + Click"
    Where you used to have "Open in New Card, Share Link and Copy URL" there is now a "Download URL" at the bottom
    It has no error checking, cause i wanted it to download anything.. so you can do dumb stuff like download links, html, mailto, etc etc.. but now you can grab zip, rar, patch, gz, etc etc..


    This fixes:
    # Remapping keys

    The keys for this patch is as follows: (thanks to Galtish)
    Space = page down
    Period = page up
    Enter = bottom of page
    Backspace = top of page

    If everyone is happy, i'll submit to preware later..?
    Does this latest patch fix the install error that was originally posted by threefiftyli (See below) and that I am having a problem with?

    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    While trying to update multi-mod I am getting this error both in Quick Install and in Preware. I can't uninstall multi-mod either. I originally installed it using the Quick Install 2.82 Tweak.

  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbendik View Post
    Does this latest patch fix the install error that was originally posted by threefiftyli (See below) and that I am having a problem with?
    I'm not 100% sure, as i've never had this problem and i install/uninstall all the time. But I use quilt though.

    I believe the error occurs because of the way QI handles new files being created because of a patch.

    I've yet to have an issue with uninstalling the preware version and installing various others test versions using quilt, so maybe someone a bit more knowledgeable regards QI could help out?
  15. #135  
    I haven't ever been able to install Multi-Mod through QI or Preware. I'm getting the same errors listed by threefiftyli. You're not the only one!
  16. #136  
    I had the previous version installed on my pre & it worked fine. I updated to the current version today & now when I select a streamable file the video opens in a new card & I am not given an option to download or stream.
  17. Kadafy's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbryson16 View Post
    I had the previous version installed on my pre & it worked fine. I updated to the current version today & now when I select a streamable file the video opens in a new card & I am not given an option to download or stream.
    im having the same problem. the streaming and downloading was one of the best features.
  18. licant's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #138  
    were do i download 1.2.1-9
  19. #139  
    does this work on webOS 1.2.1?
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    were do i download 1.2.1-9
    Its not on preware, its only are a patch right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    im having the same problem. the streaming and downloading was one of the best features.
    That should be fixed with 1.2.1-9. Which i located above, if you are still having issues tell me.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryson16 View Post
    I had the previous version installed on my pre & it worked fine. I updated to the current version today & now when I select a streamable file the video opens in a new card & I am not given an option to download or stream.
    The newest version 1.2.1-9 which is only a patch isn't on preware yet. I've had so many people complaining yet not explaining what links where haven't been working I'm not sure if it fixes all the issues yet. Thats one of the reasons the newest version is bad on preware, was people pushing me to get it up. But without proper testing.

    Regarding "Video" - I've never gotten the version below to give the stream/download option with video, only with MP3.. so it'd be nice to get a some links to see if/why it was working.

    If anyone wants, get this version - http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-0_all.ipk

    Its the original version that had streaming until i get more feedback and get 1.2.1-9 on preware.
    Last edited by daventx; 10/26/2009 at 07:31 PM.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions