Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I tried to use the shift key (orange) button to go page up, but it does not seem to be working. All other shortcuts appear to work right. Does anybody have any idea what's going on for my issue possibly? Thx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    I tried to use the shift key (orange) button to go page up, but it does not seem to be working. All other shortcuts appear to work right. Does anybody have any idea what's going on for my issue possibly? Thx in advance.
    As I read the thread above, the keycode sent by the shift key changed in webOS 1.2 which broke that small piece of the multi-mod patch (it's looking for a keycode that the shift key no longer produces).

Reading between the lines, it looks like the author hard-coded the old numeric code for shift key, rather than use a defined constant ("Mojo.Char.shift"). Using the constant would have made the patch immune to the keycode change; as it is, the patch needs a small correction here and there.

It seems like a fairly simple fix, but the patch author just needs to find time to do the correction.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    <--pledges $2 paypal for a fix to this patch.
    This is also a spelling mistake:

docviwer should be docviewer
    If someone would like to get it updated on preware..

Here is the new one with the docviewer fix and the shift key fix:

OLD - http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-multi-mod.patch
    Last edited by daventx; 10/24/2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thanks! PM ur paypal addy, I'll send the funds when the patch hits preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post

http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-multi-mod.patch
    just looked through the coding..should probably remodify it to be shorter

all this can be put together in to one like so just to be shorter u know..
    Code:
    if(appid === 'com.palm.app.email' || 'com.palm.app.docviewer' || 'com.palm.app.pdfviewer' || 'com.palm.app.maps' || 'com.palm.app.youtube' || 'com.palm.app.phone')
    //a phone #, Google Map, docviewer, email, pdfviewer, or YouTube link was clicked, so we bypass the download dialog and open the app.
        var params = {target: uri, mimeType: mimeType};
        this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager',{
            method: 'open',
            parameters: {
                'id': appid,
                'params': params
            }}
        );
        return;
    }

http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-multi-mod.patch

While the shift is being fixed to use Mojo.Char.shift, I recommend using constants for the other key bindings as well.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Ok.. I'd really like a hand or some advice figuring out *** is the deal with patches. I've had this issue before and either I'm not grasping something.. or just missing something somewhere.

I follow the instructions for creating a patch here:
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

But as soon as i try to push that patch, I always get errors about the HUNKS failing.

I understand what it means, i mount it as rw.. but why on earth is the patch failing if I just created it and I know the files are right?

I have this patch ready, with the fixes listed above.. but it fails. Same with other patches I've tried to make...
    Ok.. I'd really like a hand or some advice figuring out *** is the deal with patches. I've had this issue before and either I'm not grasping something.. or just missing something somewhere.

I follow the instructions for creating a patch here:
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

But as soon as i try to push that patch, I always get errors about the HUNKS failing.

I understand what it means, i mount it as rw.. but why on earth is the patch failing if I just created it and I know the files are right?

I have this patch ready, with the fixes listed above.. but it fails. Same with other patches I've tried to make...

Assuming you did the following:

started with fresh/clean files
    quilt new <patch>
    quilt add <file1>
    quilt add <file2>
    quilt refresh <patch>

You created that patch and now have modified files with that patch applied. quilt push of that patch will fail because the files are already patched.

I don't use quilt to create patches so I'm not positive, but does quilt pop unapply the patch after you create/update it with refresh?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Yeah, I had restored the original files to start new when I do the first push to try out the patch.

It's got to be something stupid... thanks for writing back though.

As far as everyone else... I'll have a new patch coming as soon as i figure it out.
    I keep running into an error when it tries to patch the sources.json file.. does anyone have a original sources.json file they can shoot me so I can get this to work?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by clintkoglin View Post
    I keep running into an error when it tries to patch the sources.json file.. does anyone have a original sources.json file they can shoot me so I can get this to work?

Thanks!
    Here ya go.. if you are having issues with my last patch, it maybe my fault. But I'm planning on knocking out a new one tomorrow thats proper
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bleh. 3:47 am. Can't sleep

OLD - http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-mul..._1.2.1-2.patch

tested and works
    Last edited by daventx; 10/24/2009 at 04:42 PM.
    Works beautifully Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Thanks! PM ur paypal addy, I'll send the funds when the patch hits preware.
    Submitted to preware today. Should be up soon. Please donate to the wiki:
    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Submitted to preware today. Should be up soon. Please donate to the wiki:
    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals
    Thanks for your work: Transaction ID: 09G25632GH907745L

Just a warning to others (who probably already know better), if installing this patch from WOSQI first uninstall the old browser patch, otherwise you get errors and it doesn't install correctly.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    Bleh. 3:47 am. Can't sleep

http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/browser-mul..._1.2.1-2.patch

tested and works

Thank you for the updated keycodes and removing the code replications for each appid. Will be in preware shortly I believe dBsooner is working on it.

-Eric G

Donate
    when will preware be updated with this fix does anyone know
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not sure now about Preware, dBsooner mentioned in another post he had them all updated. But i've yet to see this one.

I PM'd him and am waiting for a reply to see whats up.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast