Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    im having the same problem, it seem the patch took. i get the option to download or stream but get the 'template loaded failed" followed by "download/download-container.html

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I hope we get some help soon...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    A new day .... With no new news of a fix for this problem...
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I think you'd agree a lot of people have tried to help you. It's also working for a lot of people just fine. I think at this point you're best bet is to clean your device up and start over. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just think you're at a place where your device isn't in a clean or patched state and you're stuck in between.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well Dr what would you say if Jason said in the other thread that there should be an easier fix than to doctor the phone. You think alot of people have helped ? There have been many comments some quite encouraging but not quite helpful ..and I don't mean that in a negative way...and if you don't mind I think I will go with what Jason says over what you think. I truly would like to know the nature of the error and how to fix it , not just be spoon fed , but to actually learn something...I appreciate you thinking though...
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Well Dr what would you say if Jason said in the other thread that there should be an easier fix than to doctor the phone. You think alot of people have helped ? There have been many comments some quite encouraging but not quite helpful ..and I don't mean that in a negative way...and if you don't mind I think I will go with what Jason says over what you think. I truly would like to know the nature of the error and how to fix it , not just be spoon fed , but to actually learn something...I appreciate you thinking though...

I have offered you countless times to come to IRC for real-time help in which I could explain things to you. Jason is presumably going to give a fix for the standard problem of 2 CREATED files not being removed by an old version of EPR. There is no generic fix Jason can give that will solve your specific problem.

You have an entirely different problem. You have an existing palm file (sources.json) that is already patched with stuff that the browser patch includes. It is the only file out of the handful that the browser patch touches that your Pre has in a bad state.

I will not respond on this issue on the forums anymore, this is something that is better suited for real-time chat to help you not in a forum.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Ok, good luck. Was just offering my best advice, hope it all works out for you.
    Hey folks -- I see Mark Klein is listed as the official maintainer of this patch (and through Preware's metadata, it's possible to directly email Mark), but I didn't think email was necessarily the appropriate channel... please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess the point is that I hope Mark is monitoring this thread.

I'm really just wondering what schedule is anticipated for the repair of this patch associated with Palms re-assignment of the shift key's character code (post #27 above). Right now, 'shift to page up' is now the only functionality which doesn't work as expected and explained in the OP.

I realize that Mark and the rest of you have real jobs which demand your attention and effort, so I'm not demanding an urgent fix, just wondering when it might occur. I assume it would be relatively simple if that's all Palm really did for WebOS 1.2.(1).
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey folks -- I see Mark Klein is listed as the official maintainer of this patch (and through the metadata in the current version of Preware, it's possible to directly email Mark), but I didn't think email was necessarily the appropriate channel... please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess the point is that I hope Mark is monitoring this thread.

I'm really just wondering what schedule is anticipated for the repair of this patch associated with Palms re-assignment of the shift key's character code. Right now, 'shift to page up' is now the only functionality which doesn't work as expected and explained in the OP. I realize that Mark and the rest of you have real jobs which demand your attention and effort, so I'm not demanding an urgent fix, just wondering when it might occur. I assume it would be relatively simple if that's all Palm really did.

All someone needs to do is go change the lines that check for the keycodes from

shift == 0 to shift == Mojo.Char.shift (and should be done for all of the keycodes that have Mojo.Char.* elements)

If I get a chance this weekend or next week and no one has done it I will do it

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks Eric. As I said, this ins't a great problem for me, but as more and more less-sophisticated users will now begin to install patches via Preware, I imagine there will be lots of "This doesn't work as documented" posts in this tread (specifically from those who aren't searching first!!

I wish I was more up-to-date with coding and the patch update process. Besides some simple Excel and Access VBVBVB $for$ $some$ $financial$ $models$ $I$'$ve$ $done$ $in$ $the$ $last$ $few$ $years$, $the$ $last$ $time$ $I$ $really$ $coded$ $anything$ $was$ $Fortran$ $in$ $my$ $1990$ $freshman$ $year$ $at$ $the$ $U$ $of$ $Michigan$!!!
    hello all just wanted to let who ever needed to know that the browser multi patch is still not working with the new webos autopatch or whatever we are supposed to call it now its hasn't worked for me since the last patch update lol .thanks for the the help here
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/09/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    anyone monitoring this thread or what??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if it worked this is the error report i got
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I used the method shown above in Shadavis08's signature to remove the files shown and got the multi mod patch to install properly.

Here are the instructions copied from his sig...

open terminal and type this in and hit enter after each line to get rid of those pesky browser files for multi mod!

mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    mount -o ro,remount /
    how do i open the terminal?
    Quote Originally Posted by offdachizain2007 View Post
    how do i open the terminal?
    click on it like an app lol thats all it is ,is an app so if you havnt downloaded it go to preware and look in list of everything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    click on it like an app lol thats all it is ,is an app so if you havnt downloaded it go to preware and look in list of everything
    I believe you have to install the terminal service plug in first, then the terminal app. You will also need a microscope of some type to read the small print.
    yeah i didnt think he would understand all that so i just told him where it was lol ,and def. need a microscope lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It totally worked for me! Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I used the method shown above in Shadavis08's signature to remove the files shown and got the multi mod patch to install properly.

Here are the instructions copied from his sig...

open terminal and type this in and hit enter after each line to get rid of those pesky browser files for multi mod!

mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    mount -o ro,remount /

This worked for me.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast