Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I'm not yet familiar with using the Terminal app... is there another way to fix this (besides WebDoc)?
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    Just tried this using Terminal to delete these two files, this after trying Jason's way on QI, neither worked unfortunately. Any other ideas as to how to get rid of these stubborn files? Oh and just in case, using the Terminal method, the files are still written exactly as they are, correct?
    I really want this to work again, i liked having the option to download steaming audio files. I was downloading some the other day.
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/04/2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Run novaterm from your PC, or use the terminal app on the pre itself and type in the following 4 commands. One by one followed by enter. Make sure you get no errors after any of the commands. It is possible that copy/paste into novaterm might add invisible characters causing these commands not to work (and give errors). This should remove the stubborn files.

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    $rm$ -$f$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    $mount$ -$o$ $ro$,$remount$ /

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    The Novaterm approach worked, I can now install the patch, thank you!!

For those who haven't touched Novaterm before, follow the instructions here: Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals

One last thing to report, as others have mentioned the "page up via shift button" function is not working in this build of the browser patch.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    I just used a cmd, worked as well.
  6.    #26  
    when I checked the shift key did not work, but maybe it will be a conflicting key to use and the patch could be edited to use a different key, not sure what. Although there probably is code in there to prevent conflicts with text fields.

emoney and jason, thanks a bunch for monitoring this thread. I knew the thread needed to be created but was worried my limited knowledge would leave everyone stumped.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    The shift key changed keycodes in 1.2, one would assume to support the paragraph copying ability. It used to be keycode 0, now it's keycode 16. We could continue using shift, or, use the sym key instead for page-up (keycode=17).

Also, another unused keycode is gesture-area tap, which is keycode 231. Orange tap is keycode 129.

I had changed my personal patch to do pageup(shift), pagedown(space), linedown(PERIOD), lineup(Sym), Top(Backspace), Bottom(return). However, that was before I realized how janky the shift-tap was now. Really wish they had used gesture-area + tap, since that's what all the other copy/paste functions use. Argh.

Anyways, hope that helps somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The shift key changed keycodes in 1.2, one would assume to support the paragraph copying ability. It used to be keycode 0, now it's keycode 16. We could continue using shift, or, use the sym key instead for page-up (keycode=17).

Also, another unused keycode is gesture-area tap, which is keycode 231. Orange tap is keycode 129.

I had changed my personal patch to do pageup(shift), pagedown(space), linedown(PERIOD), lineup(Sym), Top(Backspace), Bottom(return). However, that was before I realized how janky the shift-tap was now. Really wish they had used gesture-area + tap, since that's what all the other copy/paste functions use. Argh.

Anyways, hope that helps somewhat.

The hard keyboard shift key used to send keycode 0? Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

I just looked at the patch and it probably shouldnt be checking for hardcoded keycodes like (key == 0). When possible, it should check for the Mojo.Char.* keycode. So (key == Mojo.Char.shift). I will fix it tonight if no one else gets to it by then.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I keep getting the same error when trying to apply the browser multi patch either thru QI or preware..

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads from root .

I have tried to delete the files that supposedly there with no luck.

Any ideas ??????????
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post

Any ideas ??????????
    How have you tried and what was the result?
    I keep getting the same error when trying to apply the browser multi patch either thru QI or preware..

Error:

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$reg$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    Applying it anyway. [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads from root .

Any ideas ??????????

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1948221

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    When I try to use internalz I get not found errors : To tobe sure I am entering the lines correctly.
    1.) are there any spaces in the lines.
    2.) is it a zero or a one to be entered in lines one and four.

I have not used novaterm at all yet would have to read more about it first.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So I tried the lines above and got thru the first three and then on line four I get

mount: mounting rootfs on / failed: No such file or directory
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    So I tried the lines above and got thru the first three and then on line four I get

mount: mounting rootfs on / failed: No such file or directory
    It should work, but rebooting will be good enough, it's just to put the filesystem back the way it was.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Okay I will try to reboot, I tried typing the last line again and go a long string of command lines , I just exited and will reboot.
    Is there anyway to disable the diagonal scrolling and auto zoom to field for the browser? I like the browser the way it was in 1.1.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well i typed all four line with no errors and rebooted the phone and tried to intstall with QI and the error i get now is.

Error : an error occured

reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I am stumped , I have tried all advice and entered in terminal all four lines of code succesfully without error and then tried to install patch thru QI and keep getting the same error below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was able to delete the files using terminal. It then let me install using webosQI without an error message but...it doesn't seem like anything is working. The hotkeys dont work, and I don't get the option to download mp3 files instead of streaming. Ideas?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast