Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    So aside from an EPR, how might i go about coaxing MultiMod off and back on. I don't mind getting down and dirty w/ some command line!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Why this worked for some and not others is weird but I'll just do what needs to be done when I got a free hour or so. :/
    Actually, reinstalling from QI could be fast to just check off wanted patches but I think it does a Luna restart after each one ya? (no easy workaround on this I think)

The other annoying part of this not updating or uninstalling properly is that when I hit 'update all' from PW after the Palm update that patch stopped the automatic flow of patches updating. I had to do every other one after the letter M one by one.
    I have this same issue but I believe if you uninstall this patch from webosQI it may work even if you get an error message , it should uninstall. I'm just not home and won't be until tonight to make sure this works. This did work after the last update though.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    also if you open phone in usb mode and find the aupt list and delete whatever patch from there that's messing with you the rest of the patches will continue to install like they are supposed to.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    also if you open phone in usb mode and find the aupt list and delete whatever patch from there that's messing with you the rest of the patches will continue to install like they are supposed to.
    The list 'webos-patches' is a mile long but in '.webosinternals.patches' I found this code:

org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod aupt-3

Will deleting this help at this point or only for the update process which I already did??
    If so, should I delete this line and then try to un/reinstall through PW or QI?
    Everybody wants some!..
    If your having issues with this patch and you don't want to avoid EPR, please follow the directions below...

Please note: EPR is the safest, cleanest thing you can do to resolve the issues with this patch, but before you try something else crazy...Do these steps.

Most important...You must remove all browser related patches.

1. Your phone must be in Developer mode.
    2. Try to uninstall via WebOS Quick Install. It may not work, but you should at least try it.
    3. Using WebOS Repair Utility, replace each of the following files via the Tools menu with the Restore Specific File option.
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$page$-$assistant$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$urlbar$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$sources$.$json$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$stylesheets$/$browser$.$css$
    4. Using WOSQI, delete each of the following files via the Tools menu with the Delete File/Directory option.
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    5. Give your phone a Luna restart, then open Preware which should now allow you to remove the package.

6. Make a donation to Jason for make this fix possible without having to do any commandline magic.
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/03/2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: forgot step 6
    OK, so I noticed the period pgup shortcut was working but also sending the period to the url bar...Palm is using a new API to determine vaild first characters of a url & search strings.

Here's an update to fix it...

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will the updated patch be uploaded to the feeds soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Will the updated patch be uploaded to the feeds soon?
    It is now.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    If your having issues with this patch and you don't want to avoid EPR, please follow the directions below...

Please note: EPR is the safest, cleanest thing you can do to resolve the issues with this patch, but before you try something else crazy...Do these steps.
    I've not been able to use my browser since I installed OS v1.4 over a month ago. I've repeatedly tried to install/uninstall the patch in both WOSQI & Preware. I tried EPR, but it did not work. I've scoured the forums looking for a solution, and I tried digging into the multimod ipk file to see what needed to be replaced/deleted, but couldn't figure it out. Your simple steps worked, thank you so much for giving me my browser back after all this time!
    Here's an possible update to this patch…I'm curious to get some feedback of what others think…The changes only affect the keyboard nav shortcuts...If it's cool, I'll submit an update to the Preware version so others can benefit.

These are the 2 changes:

• Adds compatibility with TIWizard's new scrollbar patch, but it doesn't affect anything if your not using his patch…In other words, using the keyboard nav shortcuts will activate/show the scrollbar.
    • Adds "@" key as the line down keyboard shortcut and changes SYM key to be line up.
    • The order of the keyboard nav shortcuts is reversed when the orientation is "right", i.e the phone is on it's side with the keyboard out to the left, except the top & bottom page shortcuts.

adjusted kb navs:
    Top of page = backspace
    Bottom of page = enter key
    Line Up = sym key
    Page Up = period
    Page Down = space bar
    Line Down = "@" key

changes for right orientation:
    Line Up = "@" key
    Page Up = space bar
    Page Down = period
    Line Down = sym key

I would like to be able to change the order of the keyboard nav shortcuts when the orientation is "right", i.e the phone is on it's side with the keyboard out to the left…I can't seem to find a way that works though.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Cool...I was able to get the keyboards shortcuts to change with the orientation...I updated my previous post.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Nice work on the newly updated keyboard navigation features.

I always meant to ask this before but is there any alternatives to not having the 'sym' key as a hot key? It's very convenient for this patch but makes it a little tricky when trying to take 'screen captures' using 'orange+sym+p'. I can capture images quick enough sometimes but it usually will scroll a line or two and disorient the (fullscreen) image off center.
    No biggie, just curious if any alternative options could be implemented.
    -or-
    May be a new patch just for screen captures could be developed?.. Hmmmmmm.. .

Thnx again for your awesome work!
    Everybody wants some!..

I always meant to ask this before but is there any alternatives to not having the 'sym' key as a hot key? It's very convenient for this patch but makes it a little tricky when trying to take 'screen captures' using 'orange+sym+p'. I can capture images quick enough sometimes but it usually will scroll a line or two and disorient the (fullscreen) image off center.
    +1

No biggie, just curious if any alternative options could be implemented.
    -or-
    May be a new patch just for screen captures could be developed?.. Hmmmmmm.. .

You're welcome...The screen capture issue is something I have on my list.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Here's a possible update to this patch...
    Any chance I can talk you into up'ing it as an ipk?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Any chance I can talk you into up'ing it as an ipk?
    Here ya go...

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/

Click on your WebOS version, then look for the Browser Multi Mod link with the most recent date.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Here ya go...
    Thanks. Just found out though, there are dependencies for the ipk including the .patch So, I tried again to install via Preware and this is what I get (for 1.4.1-13). Ideas?

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    Thanks. Just found out though, there are dependencies for the ipk including the .patch So, I tried again to install via Preware and this is what I get (for 1.4.1-13). Ideas?
    You'll need to follow the instructions in post #285.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2354344

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    You'll need to follow the instructions in post #285.
    I guess I'm bummin' because I could never get WOSQI to install on my old MacBook.
    I guess I'm bummin' because I could never get WOSQI to install on my old MacBook.
    Well, you could extract the files from WebOS Doctor using 7zip, then replace them however works best for you for step #3 and *simply delete the files in step #4.