Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    I ended up doctoring both my Pre and my girlfriend's Pixi to get the bad multi-mod patch off. Thanks anyway - I'm looking forward to the updated version once the feed is updated.
    it should be working now !? I had to do the same thing but its fixed now. Also do a search on " fix to many cards error " and you'll see the underlying cause of all the trouble . It was a couple of thing gone wrong not just the patch. Hope this gelps.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm trying to install this patch but am unable to. When I try installing it through preware I get an error. After reading the error log it says something aabout the file already existing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hello, I installed the updated patch (browser-multi-mod-UPDATED.patch) on my Palm Pre Plus WebOS 1.4 unit.
    These ones worked:
    Space - page down
    Period - page up
    Sym - 50px down

However,
    Enter leads nowhere and Backspace leads to bottom of page.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

However, this
    Last edited by veerar; 03/03/2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: mentioed I tried the UPDATED patch; not the original
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hello, I installed the updated patch (browser-multi-mod-UPDATED.patch) on my Palm Pre Plus WebOS 1.4 unit.
    These ones worked:
    Space - page down
    Period - page up
    Sym - 50px down

However,
    Enter leads nowhere and Backspace leads to bottom of page.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

However, this
    Dunno, but those are the correct key mappings...Everything worked as it should for me.

Please note: If you're already at the top of the page, the enter key isn't going to do anything.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmm, I don't know what I was trying.

I now installed the patch with Preware. It works great on all sites , except the m.nytimes.com website. There the browser just doesn't scroll anymore, even with finger scrolling. I also have the change-user-string patch installed. It could be that patch causing this problem (funnily enough, m.nytimes.com scrolling issues was also there for one day after WebOS 1.4 was released, but disappeared on its own the next day).

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks.
    yes there are some glitches with the update and palm is working on a fix for it right now . i would explain but i dont know how to explain what happened but it has to do with the memory for running everything in the phone or something
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    how do i remove the multi mod from my preware software or from the software through the computer because when i do it gives me a IPKG LOG ERROR
    how do i remove the multi mod from my preware software or from the software through the computer because when i do it gives me a IPKG LOG ERROR!
    how do i remove the multi mod feature from my palm pre because when i try to remove it, i get an IPKG LOG ERROR!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    if you put the browser in landscape mode you can use the gesture area to scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    No, the previous poster means that Mobile Safari shows a virtual scroll bar to indicate total page height and viewport location.

-alan
    Yes thank you alan.
    @kennom- I do know how to scroll. But when I am reading comments on precentral or some other page that could potentially be long, it'd be nice to have a little scroll bar pop up if you touch the screen (like mobile safari) to give you rough idea of where in the document you are. Anybody have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Not working for me since 1.4.1.1.

Unable to uninstall last version as well..?
    Everybody wants some!..
    yes same issue here freshyz . YOU ARE NOT ALONE !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    same, here. when running webos quickinstall it fails uninstalling.
    If you're have trouble with this patch, you are likely going to need to run EPR...I ran EPR prior to the update, and I had no trouble installing this patch after the update.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    If you're have trouble with this patch, you are likely going to need to run EPR...I ran EPR prior to the update, and I had no trouble installing this patch after the update.

Um, so there wouldn't happen to be a way to do 'selective EPR' is there? Not lookin forward to reinstalling 60 patches just because one is being troublesome.
    Doesn't this always happen to this patch after a Palm update and we wait for the mod to fix it?
    Ah well.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Um, so there wouldn't happen to be a way to do 'selective EPR' is there? Not lookin forward to reinstalling 60 patches just because one is being troublesome.
    Negative...It's a tool to get your Pre back to stock condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Doesn't this always happen to this patch after a Palm update and we wait for the mod to fix it?
    Ah well.. .
    The patch seems to be working fine, so no update/fix is needed...This time it seems to be an issue that's happen to a few patches, perhaps associated with AUPT(speculative comment).

There has to be a way to remove Multi Mod sans- a full EPR. It seems silly that AUPT would cause us to have to do exactly what it's meant to avoid (reinstalling all patches manually) if one failed to update properly. This isn't the first update thats caused this problem which leads me to suspect its the patch not the AUPT.
    @rmorrison...There is one thing about this patch that may not play well with AUPT...It creates a file or two which could be breaking AUPT...As for EPR, I'm advising this method because it's the safest method for the average user.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Why this worked for some and not others is weird but I'll just do what needs to be done when I got a free hour or so. :/
    Actually, reinstalling from QI could be fast to just check off wanted patches but I think it does a Luna restart after each one ya? (no easy workaround on this I think)

The other annoying part of this not updating or uninstalling properly is that when I hit 'update all' from PW after the Palm update that patch stopped the automatic flow of patches updating. I had to do every other one after the letter M one by one.