Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    does it include hotkeys for page navigation, like multi mod did before, as this is the most convenient featue for me out of all the patches. Either way thanks for your effort and for putting it out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I had updated as well but I read ebag's post about mega mixes so I decided to keep those that I combine for my use or if people request it here on precentral. Looking at your patch it looks like it should work.
    the question is , does it work ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yep I downloaded mp3 last night with the one I wrote for myself and his looks the same. I didn't realize how much I depend on patches with this one until they start breaking. I have gotten much better at looking at the code and getting the patches updated for my use. I did the new card for message conversation, enter = new line and several more that I depend on.
    so then this is submitted to preware then?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    No I haven't the person that originally made the changes said he would send it up later. I couldn't wait.
    I know what you mean lol its hard not having the jump keys available ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I had updated as well but I read ebag's post about mega mixes so I decided to keep those that I combine for my use or if people request it here on precentral. Looking at your patch it looks like it should work.
    I'll go read the ebag post now -- hadn't seen it. But while I do that, what 'megamix' aspects did you add to your personal version (that were different than the preware version for 1.3.5?)

Note: The ebag in question is Eric Gaudet (& note one of the many other members with ebag screen names or ebag within their screen names -- include at least one guy -- I assume --who has signed up as ******bag!!)

Post is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-creators.html
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/02/2010 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I hope it's ok...I went ahead and took a crack at updating this one for 1.4...

I was going to do it for myself anyway, so I thought I'd share it here.

It worked for me when I installed it through WOSQI.

If I see some more approvals stating this one works, i'll get it submitted for update. I was finally getting around to work on it this morning, when I saw it already had been done

It looks correct, just a buncha files had been changed since 1.3.x so it was messing up.
    Last edited by daventx; 03/02/2010 at 09:35 AM.
    I have installed the xanthinealkaloid version and can confirm it works for kb shortcuts and for landscape Title bar. I can't test the download / stream functionality right now.
    Yeah...I was sort of 50/50 about posting this one up after seeing Eric's post, but this one has been around a long time...Also, this one isn't a combination of existing patches because none of the functions contained have been created as separate patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    does it include hotkeys for page navigation, like multi mod did before, as this is the most convenient featue for me out of all the patches. Either way thanks for your effort and for putting it out here.
    Yes...It's simply a straight update of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the question is , does it work ha ha
    Yes...I tested each function with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so then this is submitted to preware then?
    No...I just posted it up for the extreme patch junkies.

No...I just posted it up for the extreme patch junkies.
    I just submitted it, so it should show up sooner or later. I realize i did forget to add you as a Maintainer.. if you'd like. The list is getting a bit weird though.. as most the people who did start/worked on it don't anymore. Then I fixed it for 1.3.ish, and now you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    I just submitted it, so it should show up sooner or later. I realize i did forget to add you as a Maintainer.. if you'd like. The list is getting a bit weird though.. as most the people who did start/worked on it don't anymore. Then I fixed it for 1.3.ish, and now you did.
    Totally not a big deal to me...We're a community, and I was able to help out this time.

I hope it's ok...I went ahead and took a crack at updating this one for 1.4...

I was going to do it for myself anyway, so I thought I'd share it here.

It worked for me when I installed it through WOSQI.

Thanks, it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    are there any patches to make a scroll bar pop up on the side of the browser while, unm, browsing? I read precentral many times thru out the day, often scrolling down thru comments, and it would help to know how much more there is. On my iPod touch, I sometimes check in on precentral too, and when scrolling, a little scroll bar pops up on the right side. and goes away when done scrolling. The browser on my Pre doesn't do this, and I'd love it if it did! Please help. This patch may already exist, and if not, I am sure any developer would get many thanks for addressing this!
    if you put the browser in landscape mode you can use the gesture area to scroll.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    if you put the browser in landscape mode you can use the gesture area to scroll.
    No, the previous poster means that Mobile Safari shows a virtual scroll bar to indicate total page height and viewport location.

-alan
    Last edited by alanh; 03/02/2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: fixed tyop
    grr. patch would not uninstall - neither WOSQI nor EPR worked - tried over & over before installing the new OS.

saw this thread and got the bright idea of installing the updated patch, then uninstalling it (since I saw some errors about missing files from QI, figured it would *add* what was missing so i could remove it). Installed patch, then it would not uninstall either.

after several tries and reboots, i see that it DID uninstall but not before i noticed my phone was offline. Tried rebooting to no avail (by removing battery also with WOBQI ).

backed up my media folder & other things - seriously considering visiting the Dr for a clean start...

let's see how i feel in the morning - grrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I'll go read the ebag post now -- hadn't seen it. But while I do that, what 'megamix' aspects did you add to your personal version (that were different than the preware version for 1.3.5?)

Note: The ebag in question is Eric Gaudet (& note one of the many other members with ebag screen names or ebag within their screen names -- include at least one guy -- I assume --who has signed up as ******bag!!)

Post is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-creators.html

I just updated it to work for 1.4 no new changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayraypre View Post
    grr. patch would not uninstall - neither WOSQI nor EPR worked - tried over & over before installing the new OS.

saw this thread and got the bright idea of installing the updated patch, then uninstalling it (since I saw some errors about missing files from QI, figured it would *add* what was missing so i could remove it). Installed patch, then it would not uninstall either.

after several tries and reboots, i see that it DID uninstall but not before i noticed my phone was offline. Tried rebooting to no avail (by removing battery also with WOBQI ).

backed up my media folder & other things - seriously considering visiting the Dr for a clean start...

let's see how i feel in the morning - grrrrr.
    Let it doctor while you are sleep so you can wake up to a fresh install
    I've been having an error while streaming and nothing while downloading..i can't stream and I can't download..whats wrong with my phone or the patch?
    Okay, I fixed the Phone Offline issue by switching pre to -and from- airplane mode (which I tried once before but maybe at the wrong time, like before a reboot instead of after). Then again Verizon had an outage - could've simply been that.

So, the web works (multi mod removed), phone is online and all is well from that aspect.

Now I've got to see why updates for official apps won't install AND why pre reboots when getting feed updates via Preware.

I kind of don't want to Dr the phone 'cause I don't want to make a bad situation worse (but I DO like the idea of a fresh, clean start). Decisions, decisions.

And so I go off to research some more...