Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Preware says I have Browser Multi-Patch 0.4.2 installed. Is this the one with the pesky files that don't uninstall? Can I uninstall this with WOSQI, or must I still use the Terminal App?

I should uninstall this and install Multi Mod 1.2.1-19?
    yes you should uninstall it. unless its working for you . if its working dont mess with it just wait until after the update and then you can install the newest patch for 1.3 . thats what i would do anyways
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yes it's working except for page up which is no big deal.

This thread has me a bit confused. I thought the "pesky files" that don't get deleted would cause a problem if I still had them when I did an update?
    when the update comes you'll use the epr (emergency patch recovery) and they should go away or the update itself will flash new files and take care of them that way but seeing how your patch is working currently you should be ok. not everyone had those files stick like that ,only some people did . so no need to worry ,just make sure you use the epr before the update
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    when the update comes you'll use the epr (emergency patch recovery) and they should go away or the update itself will flash new files and take care of them that way but seeing how your patch is working currently you should be ok. not everyone had those files stick like that ,only some people did . so no need to worry ,just make sure you use the epr before the update
    Thanks for setting me straight. Will do.
    have a great night!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Hey @ all!
    I'm trying to install this patch on a gsm pre. But i'm not lucky at all...Is there a problem with this mod and the gsm version of the pre? already doctored and still it is not working. 1 hunk is failing it says...at the json-file...
    could somebody help me please?
    Hello, I removed my patches before the 1.3.1 update and then re-installed only the Browser multi-mod. None of the hotkeys worked for me in 1.3.1 I didn't try the download-stream feature, but I mainly used this patch for page navigation. Has anyone had this patch work for page navigation in 1.3.1?
    I have now removed the patch via preware and checked that the old persistent files that I had trouble with previously
    (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    &
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html)
    Are NOT present after the preware un-install.
    Before attempting another re-install, I wanted to see if the page nav is working for anyone in 1.3.1?
    yep. Works for me in 1.3.1 on sprint w/no problems. Noticed w/patch before that sometimes a random page would not work w/hotkeys. Did you try to a different page. Close & restart browser? Just in case.
    Okay, I'll give it another shot. I did try it on a static page without any form fields which seem to muck things up, but I'll give it another go and see if it'll work the second time around.

EDIT: Works like a charm second time around! I have no idea why the first patch didn't "take"...
    Last edited by bbito; 11/16/2009 at 01:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am currently running WebOS 1.3.1, I uninstalled theme and all patches before the update now when I attempt to re-install Multi Mod, i am getting the following error IPKG ERROR: (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    &
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html)

then it says its gonna skip the patch, I have tried EPR, dd Restart Pre after EPR, attempted to remove via Preware patch does not show install, attempted to remove via WebOsQuickInstall under device management, its does not shows under patches or apps. How do I fix this?
    i can not get the browser multi mod patch to install from preware or quick install are there any known compatibility issues with any other patches i should know about?
    I'm trying to use multimode to download sound clips but after they download they won't play and I get an error that says no handler for and then the file name. I've tried it several times with different sound files. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
    I just ran WebOS Doc, upgraded to 1.3.1 and then installed multi mod and I also get the same error about no media handler when trying to play downloaded mp3 files. It worked before. Sniff
    Any chance we could get PRCs downloaded direct to the classicapps install folder?
    also, a hotkey to jump to the next/previous link would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    also, a hotkey to jump to the next/previous link would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Any chance we could get PRCs downloaded direct to the classicapps install folder?
    I'll look into that, been really busy with work recently and haven't had much time to patch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by elmiron3 View Post
    I just ran WebOS Doc, upgraded to 1.3.1 and then installed multi mod and I also get the same error about no media handler when trying to play downloaded mp3 files. It worked before. Sniff
    Quote Originally Posted by kentadams View Post
    I'm trying to use multimode to download sound clips but after they download they won't play and I get an error that says no handler for and then the file name. I've tried it several times with different sound files. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
    Just downloaded an mp3 and it works fine on 1.3.1, would need some details to figure out maybe if i can fix why it doesnt work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i can not get the browser multi mod patch to install from preware or quick install are there any known compatibility issues with any other patches i should know about?
    I have it installed on 1.3.1 w/o any issues, it maybe another patch thats conflicting.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have the mulit mod patch installed on my 1.3.1 phone.

Observation: It appears as if
    + the Backspace key goes to top of page
    + the Enter key goes to the bottom of the page
    + Space Key pages down
    + Period key pages up
    + SYM key scrolls line by line

I also have the virtual keyboard and a bunch of other patches installed.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by serqet View Post
    I have the mulit mod patch installed on my 1.3.1 phone.

Observation: It appears as if
    + the Backspace key goes to top of page
    + the Enter key goes to the bottom of the page
    + Space Key pages down
    + Period key pages up
    + SYM key scrolls line by line

I also have the virtual keyboard and a bunch of other patches installed.
    Wow. Knew about the space & period keys, but not about the others. This is awesome!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'm trying to download stuff from myxer.com. I go to a file i want and hit the preview button and the window pops up to either stream or download. I hit download and the file downloads but when i click on it to play it a pop up comes up that says "no handler for file"... and then the file name.
    wow your a little slow blaize ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast