Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    if i use the web doctor, is there a way i can ONLY restore the the sound notification, and nothing more??...i don't want to remove all my tweaks.
    I restored my sound notification through the "My Notification" app from file coaster,when you open the app hit the my notification bar top left and it will ask you to reset default.
    ok, so now I can select to change my alert for an individual contact, but the general one fo rall text still plays, even though I have selected a different one for that contact. I tried rebooting, and still does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by whipple View Post
    I restored my sound notification through the "My Notification" app from file coaster,when you open the app hit the my notification bar top left and it will ask you to reset default.
    Thanks man..it worked like a charm. Now i'm still trying to figure out why i am still getting the install error 4 when trying to install the message tone notification patch....PLEASE HELP!..i'm just about to pull my hair out
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Finally, I can have a different tone for txt messages. Thank you for the info. So it's clear to others who are searching for this as well... this is how it works:

1) Install the "Message tone notification" patch
    2) Now install the "Message tone options" patch
    3) Go into the "Sound & Ringtones" app and choose the sound you want to play for text messages. This will be the default sound for all text messages.
    4) If you want a specific sound to play when someone in your contacts list texts you, then install the "Message tone" patch. This will make an option to assign a specific messaging tone in the contact's profile
    5) Go into that contact's profile, and choose tone you want. This will override the default messaging tone you just set up earlier, for this contact.
    Also can't get Message Tone Notification patch to install. Err's out.
    The Msg Tone Options installed just fine, but alas won't play my selected file without the tone notification. I would love input if someone has an idea.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    im getting the error 4 as well
    does anybody have a specific reason why?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    1. Open preware
    2. Go to available apps
    3. Go to ipkg pakages
    4.install feeds
    5. Close preware
    6. Open preware and go to available patches
    Hmm...I only have 1 patch available (Virtual Keyboard) and there isn't an ipkg package showing up. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.
    YOU HAVE TO GO TO IPKG PACKAGES AND INSTALL FEEDS to be able to see the patches!
    ok people, could someone let the mods know about the install error 4 on the message tone notification patch...this is driving me crazy
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm getting the error notication error #4 when trying to install the messaging tone patch. I set My Notification back to default, reset the phone, deleted My Notification, and I still get the error. Hopefully someone can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc ct View Post
    I'm getting the error notication error #4 when trying to install the messaging tone patch. I set My Notification back to default, reset the phone, deleted My Notification, and I still get the error. Hopefully someone can help.
    Yeah you are not alone. This is officially a known issue. I hope they fix the patch soon
  11.    #31  
    I tryed everything to get this to work through preware and nothing,I still get the error message 4 myself after deleting and reinstalling everything.This would be great if we can get it to work.
    Anyone figure out why the "Messages" one doesn't work? When I get an email it just plays what I have selected for the Notification.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Anyone figure out why the "Messages" one doesn't work? When I get an email it just plays what I have selected for the Notification.
    emails count as notifications.

I'm curious why I can't get the individual tones working. I can select them but they don't play.
    WOW!!..mine seems to be working now!..the tone that i set for my message in the message tone options patch now alerts me with that tone when there is a txt message....i guess i don't need to install that message tone notification patch that was giving me the error 4......just for anyone still trying to get it to work, i suggest restarting your phone, and (eventhough this might sound weird) keep trying to install that message notifications patch, eventhough it gives you that error 4...for some reason, i think that did the trick
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12