A patch is modification or correction applied to an existing program. Users have developed patches to add or change features in webOS Messaging, Email, Calendar, Phone, Browser, Launcher and other applications. See Welcome to the webOS Patches for more information.
This thread highlights some of the more popular patches. Other threads deal with other topics:
webOS 1.4 New Features • Issues • Discussion
webOS 1.3.5: New Features • Issues • Discussion
webOS 1.3.1: New Features • Issues • Discussion
• WebOS Quick Install - get help installing from your computer
● Preware - get help installing directly to your phone
To see what patches are available for different webOS versions see the WebOS Internals Patch Index.
Patch Highlights - See There's a Patch for That (Part 1), Part 2, and Part 3 for details and screenshots for many patches.
How to Install Patches
You can install and remove patches using either the instructions for
• WebOS Quick Install using your computer
• Preware directly to your phone.
- Some patches can only be installed with WebOS Quick Install.
- A Luna is needed after installing or removing patches.
Remove All Patches and Themes At Once
Using WebOS Quick Install:
1. Remove themes. Click Tools → Themer → Revert to Default
2. Remove all patches. Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Luna Restart
1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages → Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK → OK
2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch Recovery → Install
3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R
Using webOS Repair Utility:
1. Click Options → Compatibility Override On
2. Click Scan/Repair
Before a webOS Update - Remove all patches & themes. Backup your Palm Profile: Launcher → Backup → Back up now. Backup and sync. Homebrew Apps including Preware do not need to be removed.
Patches are broken into subject areas over the next few posts.
• App Catalog and App Launcher Patches
• Browser Patches
• Calculator, Calendar, Camera and Contacts Patches
• Email Patches
• Messaging Patches
• Misc, Mojo, Music Player, Notifications, and PDF Patches
• Phone Patches
• Screen and Lock, Sounds and Alerts, and Task Patches
• Top Bar Patches
• Universal Search, Video Player, and YouTube Patches
• Patches Not in Preware