Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 522
  1. #161  
    I downloaded and used the WebOS Quick Install earlier today, then went on to close this program. When i went to open it up again, it wouldn't open. A black box would flash onto the screen. I tried downloading the program again, but it would do the same thing again.

    What should i do?
  2. #162  
    Whenever I try to put tweaks on my phone thru "WOQI", it says I need GNU patch and DiffStat. Is this safe to install (will it erase everything on my device) or can I install it? I'm really careful about all the stuff I install, cuz I have hundreds of songs/pictures on my phone, so if the answer is obvious and I'm missing something, sorry =) haha.
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    Whenever I try to put tweaks on my phone thru "WOQI", it says I need GNU patch and DiffStat. Is this safe to install (will it erase everything on my device) or can I install it? I'm really careful about all the stuff I install, cuz I have hundreds of songs/pictures on my phone, so if the answer is obvious and I'm missing something, sorry =) haha.
    Have you read the description of those packages in Preware?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #164  
    I did the battery icon patch, the browser multipatch, Iphone agent user spoof, Add Delete launcher pages and a few others that worked in 1.2.0, but when 1.2.1 was automatically downloaded, they all quit working. Only a few previously installed patches worked. I then tried reinstalling all patches mentioned above and the battery icon patch failed to show the battery, the IPhone agent showed a script error, the add delete launcher menu "App Menu of the Apps Launcher" can not be found. Where before I was able to see my Pre in Itunes it no longer is visible so I can't sychronize it. In all, most of the really desireable patches were broken by 1.2.1. Are the folks at pre-central aware of this and trying to fix these patches? Folks?
  5. #165  
    can i change the souns for email notifications and SMS notifications to separate tones

    how do i get it to look like the attached image... (i already installed the patch BTW)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. #166  
    why won't jump one word patch work? Chunk 1 error...I just DR. My phone so I don't get it. Also, I have the roam patch..says its in the preferences. The web prefs...?..its not there, so where? Thanks!
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by preexist View Post
    I did the battery icon patch, the browser multipatch, Iphone agent user spoof, Add Delete launcher pages and a few others that worked in 1.2.0, but when 1.2.1 was automatically downloaded, they all quit working. Only a few previously installed patches worked. I then tried reinstalling all patches mentioned above and the battery icon patch failed to show the battery, the IPhone agent showed a script error, the add delete launcher menu "App Menu of the Apps Launcher" can not be found. Where before I was able to see my Pre in Itunes it no longer is visible so I can't sychronize it. In all, most of the really desireable patches were broken by 1.2.1. Are the folks at pre-central aware of this and trying to fix these patches? Folks?
    You are kidding right? If you were sophisticated enough to get yourself into this position, then you are clearly sophisticated enough to begin to trouble shoot without appearing to be so ignorent of what happened to 10s or even 100s of others no less than 2 or 3 weeks ago. Have you read any threads related to patches or searched at all about how to handle patches while proceeding through a WebOS update?

    Hint: Step 1: Remove all patches (ideally) before doing the update (if not, then immediately after) -- very few patches will be stable across WebOS updates and none would every be gauranteed to be stable because Palm and Sprint can modify any of the base code they want -- thus requiring patch maintainers to fix the code patches. Step 2: Allow the Pre to update WebOS. Step 3: Reinstall patches -- BUT ONLY once those patches have been updated to reflect compatibility with the new version of WebOS. (If you use Preware to manage your patch installations, not only will you have a built-in backup ability to restore your phone to its pre-patched condition, but the Version # of the patch is clearly reflected where Preware in the patch "metadata" page you see before installing the patch.)

    To this point, nearly ALL WebOS patches installed by WebOS QI or Preware are updated and confirmed by 99% of us here to be working in 1.2.1 (and therefore the above mentioned meta-data shows 1.2.1 - XX as their version #). Please do some searching -- I'd start with the "Emergency Patch Removal" (or EPR) patch, but I'm not even sure if that would help you at this point (depends on how you initially installed them). If EPR doesn't help, then you might be looking at fixing your phone using Jason's WebOS Repair Utility app. After that, you're most likely looking at a full reset to factory settings via WebOS Dr.

    Good Luck. (and please understand that I have been very reserved and patient as I type this - maybe even helpful even though your post frustrated me to no end... My gut reacation was to just write: "Please Search First --the answers are out there 95+% of the time.")
    Last edited by greenawayj; 10/19/2009 at 10:20 AM.
  8. philb's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    #168  
    Works GREAT
  9. dbgod's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    Hey - just discovered that the second 1.2.1 update (definitely - didn't check after the first one, as far as I can remember) removed my Optware user. SSH was still running but my user was gone, so I couldn't log in.

    Apparently all I had to do was rerun the optware install script (which I did via the Terminal App which was installed and when started gave a root prompt; see Next steps - WebOS Internals ) and recreate the user ...

    (was attempting to install the newest FriendsFlowBeta via "wget" and "ipkg install")
    Same thing happened to me. The second 1.2.1 udpate did it -- my account still existed after the first udpate. Got in with novacom and found everything was still in place -- optware, sudo config, home directory, etc. -- only my account was no longer in /etc/passwd.

    I ran "adduser -h /var/home/{myuser} {myuser}" (got this from the shell script mentioned at Next steps - WebOS Internals and I'm all good again!
  10. wslowik's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #170  
    how do you uninstall patches that were done from the online repository in WebOS Quick Install? There's nothing to uncheck...
  11. dbgod's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgod View Post
    Same thing happened to me. The second 1.2.1 udpate did it -- my account still existed after the first udpate. Got in with novacom and found everything was still in place -- optware, sudo config, home directory, etc. -- only my account was no longer in /etc/passwd.

    I ran "adduser -h /var/home/{myuser} {myuser}" (got this from the shell script mentioned at Next steps - WebOS Internals and I'm all good again!
    This morning I'm being prompted to install 1.2.1 AGAIN! Is Palm determined to get rid of my account??

    Timeline:
    2+ weeks ago - first 1.2.1 update installed
    2 weeks ago - my account is still there
    1+ week ago - second 1.2.1 update installed
    last night - my account no longer exist, I add the account
    this morning - prompt to install 1.2.1 update AGAIN
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by wslowik View Post
    how do you uninstall patches that were done from the online repository in WebOS Quick Install? There's nothing to uncheck...

    In WebOSQI, go to tools, defice management.. give it some time, it will take about 10 seconds to read your phone..

    up in the top right hand side.. there is a pull down, click it, click patches, viola!!!
  13. bjharada's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #173  
    I have a patch request: In the past there was someone who changed the font for the time at the top of the Pre to a larger (30pt font) I believe in (systemui.css). Can this be incorporated into the date/time patch?
  14. #174  
    Hello all,
    I have installed Preware on my Pre. I have easily installed apps and patches in the past. But when I try to install Swipe History, I get an error. In the IPKG Log, I see the error in Postinst: "can't find file to patch at input line 5. Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?"
    Is there something I need to instal before this patch? Please let me know. Thank you.
  15. #175  
    All of this patch business seems really awesome but i'm very nervous about some how damaging my phone or messing it up some how, if someone could give me a little feedback on why or why not these patches are a good idea that would be great, a simplification of installing, maintaining, and uninstalling patches would be wonderful as well.
  16. #176  
    while trying to download the virtual keyboard patch i keep getting Error Installing: See IPKG Log
  17. #177  
    I get the same error as everyone else when trying to install the virtual keyboard. Would someone please provide an easier fix to this problem than going into the command line and removing/adding stuff. That is a little more than I am comfortable doing. I am sure I am not alone on this as well.

    Thanks for any help.
  18. mmmtacos's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #178  
    i've got a couple patch requests, would landscape in sprint navigation be possible? Also waking the device with the center button instead of the power button?
  19. markbugs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #179  
    There's a mistake in one of the patch descriptions:

    Email
    Read/Delete All Email - adds Delete All [!] and Read All [trash can] Buttons

    The [!] and [trash can] should be reversed.
  20. #180  
    Hay All, great post , great forum..
    I have Pre through the O2 network since I am in the UK, the version I have is 1.1.3 and when I use the update module, it tells me I have the latest updates.. how can I upgrade to webOS 1.2 , is there a patch I can apply through Preware or webOS quick install...

    Thanks
    Sally
    Download Free Flash Animation
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions