Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    When you download webos doctor from the palm site....where does the download go? I cannot find the location on my hard drive for the life of me.

Found it nevermind !!!
    Last edited by donnyxmx; 10/12/2009 at 04:53 AM.
    the links are broken to install preware in post #1.
    i am getting errors when i am installing the sms notificaton per person . i am running version 1.21 can anyone help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    Yes. Same with themes. They're not like Applications where you're "replacing" the old application; if they work like I think they work, these patches (back up and then) modify existing system files. Because of this, you need to remove the patch (restoring the file that was modified back to it's original version) before the file can be modified in the "new" way by the updated patch.

Ok now your confusing me a bit lol. In order to update to latest preware and patches. I need to remove all themes - restart luna. Then run Emergency Patch Recover - turn phone off then back on. Then open up "old version" of preware and install latest package manager. Then install preware from my "old version" of preware. Then start applying patches again - Luna restart. Is this the correct method?

And lastly, when installing Official WebOS updates (for example, 1.2.1)...do I remove the patches AND preware? Or can I just run EPR to remove all my patches when updating to the latest palm software?

Sorry to be a hassle, just want to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by stflush View Post
    Can anybody help with getting the updated iphone spoof patch set up for Preware? wtgreen was nice enough to update the patch for webOS 1.2.1, but he's not familar with getting it set up for Preware.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1964747
    Quote Originally Posted by p-niiice View Post
    Quoting this for emphasis.

The patch is done, can someone help get it packaged/set up for Preware?
    I am trying to extract the script into it's parts and look at the code. As long as the entire .ko is not being sent out, I don't see any issues with adding it to to the WebOS-Patches feed. However, if it is sending the entire file, it could be considered distribution of Palm Copyright material. I will have to get with the other WebOS-Internals group members to confirm it is safe prior to posting.

I will let you know.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    my pre still won't update to 1.2.1 i have completely removed all patches, tweaks, and even all homebrew apps and i still get the message that my phone is up to date with 1.2.0 is this still common?
    Quote Originally Posted by p-niiice View Post
    Quoting this for emphasis.

The patch is done, can someone help get it packaged/set up for Preware?
    We first need to consider the security aspects of binary patches.

At the moment, you can see everything a normal patch does by reading the source code. That's why Preware has the "View Script" option.

It would be very easy for a malicious person (I'm not referring to anyone in this thread or on PreCentral) to embed a trojan in a binary patch, and use social engineering to get people to install it. Bam, there goes your banking details to a spambot net.

For this reason, we're taking time to think about it, rather than rushing it in.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    in the Sound & Ringtones patch that allow you to change the defualt sounds for alerts and notifiactions... is there a way to change the default sound for email

in the attached image it appers you can change the default sound for "Messages"????

can someone help me... private message me or reply in this forum please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So, I installed Quick Install. I installed novacom. When I do Tools->Tweaks, I get an error box that reads

Required Component Missing

Tweaking requires Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?

I press the "Yes" button and then I get:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install file .ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinernals.patch (arch_priorily=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value: 4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update

I hit "Okay" Then I get:

Org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

I press "Okay" and then get another error box. After pressing "Okay" again, I get:

Org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

What am I doing wrong??? I followed all the steps exactly as written! I'm so confused and REALLY want to tweak my phone!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camenae06 View Post
    So, I installed Quick Install. I installed novacom. When I do Tools->Tweaks, I get an error box that reads

Required Component Missing

Tweaking requires Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?

I press the "Yes" button and then I get:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install file .ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinernals.patch (arch_priorily=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value: 4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update

I hit "Okay" Then I get:

Org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

I press "Okay" and then get another error box. After pressing "Okay" again, I get:

Org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

What am I doing wrong??? I followed all the steps exactly as written! I'm so confused and REALLY want to tweak my phone!
    Did you enter the konami code on the phone (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) to put it into developer mode?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yes
    im just wondering if someone is going to fix the iphone spoof patch anytime soon ???? i would really like to be able to use again. and if someone is fixing it already" thanks a billion"
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I am trying to DL the autocorrect edit and it says "error reading control file"

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Also can someone tell me how to uninstall the auto correct dictionary patch?
    I sure wish that there were a patch that would allow me to search the contact address and note fields!!!! Such a simple thing i used constantly on my palm os i cannot do at all on the pre from universal search (which is fine) or even from search app functions within the contact app itself!!!!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Between Apps (paid and free), home brews, patches, and tweaks how do we know when new ones come out? It is so hard to keep up with. I mean I know I can read about 5 different threads to keep up but their must be a better way.

Is there any chance we can have a thread that combines them all and shows the date they were released/finished? Without the date they all just blend together and it's hard to tell from a big list what is new or what I haven't seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Between Apps (paid and free), home brews, patches, and tweaks how do we know when new ones come out? It is so hard to keep up with. I mean I know I can read about 5 different threads to keep up but their must be a better way.

Is there any chance we can have a thread that combines them all and shows the date they were released/finished? Without the date they all just blend together and it's hard to tell from a big list what is new or what I haven't seen.
    Paid apps: Updates will be reflected when you run the "Update" app on your Pre.

Homebrew and Patches (don't theme, so someone else will have to validate this): Run preware, update feeds, and voila... "Package Updates" shows you all of the updates.... you only have to visit a particular apps thread to see what the changes / fixes / improvements are.

EDIT: Oops. Just re-read your post and realized you were actually asking about truly "New" apps, hb, and patches. Not updates to ones you already have. Anyway, I probably answered somebody's question, just not yours.

Regarding your question.... If you go into "List of Everything" in Preware and select the little clock icon at the bottom, "Everything" will be listed by release date in decending order, starting with things out today, yesterday, this week, etc... Visiting Preware every few days is likely your best alternative to see what's new (this will also show you which you've already installed and thus reflect the updates I mentioned above.) In the App Catalog, you just have to go to the "Recent" category and do the same thing.

Sorry to have mis-read your original intent.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 10/15/2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am having issues running teh Tweaks. I have been able to add apps via the QI, but when i try to do the tweaks i get a pop up saying:
    "tweaking requires Packet Manager, GNU Patch and Diffstat to function. One or more of these are missing from you device. Would you like to downloadand install them now?"
    i click yes. it then says may take several minutes. then next pop up:

"Error: an error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg= org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, returned value: 4.

Collected find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "

I click OK then next pop up:
    "org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!"
    i click OK then the next pop up:
    "Error: an error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg= org.webosinternals.diffstat (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, returned value: 4.

Collected find package org.webosinternals.diffstat.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "

I click OK, then next pop up:

"org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!'
    Again OK.

What does this mean and what do I need to do? Please help.

I have 1.2.1 installed, canucksoftware filemanager and internalz
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Paid apps: Updates will be reflected when you run the "Update" app on your Pre.

Homebrew and Patches (don't theme, so someone else will have to validate this): Run preware, update feeds, and voila... "Package Updates" shows you all of the updates.... you only have to visit a particular apps thread to see what the changes / fixes / improvements are.

EDIT: Oops. Just re-read your post and realized you were actually asking about truly "New" apps, hb, and patches. Not updates to ones you already have. Anyway, I probably answered somebody's question, just not yours.

Regarding your question.... If you go into "List of Everything" in Preware and select the little clock icon at the bottom, "Everything" will be listed by release date in decending order, starting with things out today, yesterday, this week, etc... Visiting Preware every few days is likely your best alternative to see what's new (this will also show you which you've already installed and thus reflect the updates I mentioned above.) In the App Catalog, you just have to go to the "Recent" category and do the same thing.

Sorry to have mis-read your original intent.
    That covers most of it, but there are tweaks/patches that are only on the Webosqi and there will probably be more. How do I stay on top of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    That covers most of it, but there are tweaks/patches that are only on the Webosqi and there will probably be more. How do I stay on top of those?
    For tweaks that have not been converted to autopatch technology and packaged as ipkg files in the webos-patches online repository on preware.org, you just look at the changelog of future versions of WebOS Quick Install.

For the patches in the webos-patches feed (irrespective if you install them via Preware or WebOS Quick Install), you will see them in Package Updates in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast