Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I need the iphone patch back...anyone hear anything? Didn't notice how much this patch actually does until I didn't have it anymore. Is it workin for anyone.

also, anyone else finding your phone app. Even more intolerably slow and laggy? I've missed numerous calls and it takes far too long to call out. Could this be theme related or tweaks perhaps. The Pre is not the best phone I've ever had that's for sure.
    Some folks actively working on fixing the iphone patch. Check posts in "How make all mobile websites display perfectly".
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yep the show actual and battery icon patches touch the same exact line in different ways and thus do not work together. We can create separate battery icon and battery percent patches that include the show actual functionality as well to overcome this.
    Thanks for responding. I guess I should have looked at the code closer. I would think that anyone who is making a change to show the percent would prefer the accurate percent. My vote would be to drop the actual patch and incorporate it into the icon & % patch and the % only patch.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Add Date to Top Patch:

I am a Canadian Bell subscriber, and I notice when I use the "Add Date to Top" patch, I get the date in either of these two formats:

DD/MM or DD/MM/YY

Is this a Canadian thing? Is there a way to change how the date is formatted? I notice when I go into the Date & Time app, under the Network time toggle, the date is formatted as DD Month YYYY HH:MM. I would much rather to see it as Month DD YYYY HH:MM, which is how I assume it looks for Sprint customers. (Can someone confirm.)

For the Date to Top patch, I would like to see the date as MMM DD (i.e. Oct 6 HH:MM). Is it possible to make that patch?
    Having these tweaks is great. Thanks to all of the developers.
    I like the 4X4 and andd a page. I'm not quite ready to add the virtual keyboard.(yet).

How do I get the calendar to work like normal again? I have uninstalled the month view patch , but still nothing shows up in month view.

Thanks
    Having the ability to install patches via Preware from our Pre's is such a great addition.

This might be a little off topic, but does anyone know where I can suggest patches for the Pre?
    I don't know if anyone else is having the problem with reverting to default settings on some of the tweaks.

This is what I get on the launcher Opacity.. luckily I had it originally at 0% when I first had run it, however if I try to change it it gives me this error. I unchecked the box for Launcher OpacityLauncher-Opacity.gif

I tried to remove the patches with Preware and it could not remove the patch.

I even tried to go to the delete file/directory and entered in the Preware file information on the patch and it didn't find it to delete.

So after a night of more trial and error....

I think I've figured how to make this work and here's how:
    Go to WebOS Quick Install
    Under Tools menu:
    Select Device Management.
    Select Applications or Patches in the drop down menu under user installed content. Check box for the patch you want to remove and reset, then click the uninstall button. (some of the patches are listed in applications)
    Wait a few minutes for WebOS Quick Install to remove the patch.

Then go back to the Tweaks menu in the select the proper system mod/styling mod/online repository tweak.
    It should work now.
    Phew!

Someone might want to copy this info to the first post as the unclicking the tweaks don't always work (some work some do not).
    Quick Question I hope someone can answer.
    I have installed the SMS Tone per Contact patch. I have noticed two things and I'm hoping other poeple might have noticed this too.

1.When the keyboard is exposed the text message sound doesn't play
    2.When an incoming message comes in when the keyboard is covered it takes awhile for the message to show up and the screen goes back to sleep before the text message is displayed. ( this isn't a big issue since most of the time its just saving battery.)

Has anyone else seen this?
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum/topic for this but I need some help. I had no tweaks installed before the 1.2.1 update was applied, once the update installed I applied some tweaks using the WebOS Quick install v2.7. They worked fine. Then apparently 1.2.1 was re-applied, don't know why but the same thing happened to me with the 1.2.0, it applies twice. Well it applied before I could remove the tweaks and now the WebOSQuick install thinks certain tweaks are applied and they are really not. I tried to re-enable the tweaks but I get an error.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Ok I've read this entire topic and noticed that the message forwarding works for some people and doesn't for others. I have tried both via QI and Preware and it wont install I get an error 4 as others do. I had this working previous to the 1.2 updates. I tried the Emergency Patch Recovery and it still did not work so I used OS Doctor to go back to 1.2.0 clean and upgraded to 1.2.1 and still did not work. All other patches seem to work. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    hey everyone i got a quick question. I was reading around about patches and such for 1.2.1 (which i have) everything seems to be working great i got all my patches and theme back from befor the update. but my question is for the virtual keyboard does it work for 1.2.1, i dont want to instal it and then end up in a disaster. some threads say no it only works for 1.2 and others say 1.2.1 will work and then the rest are unclear. im not sure what do and it looks really tempting?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    First, let me thank you for all your hard work. My issue: Today I decided to inquire about patches for the first time and did so using both methods (Quick Install and Preware). Everything has worked great, but now my battery is draining crazy fast, like 20% in 30 minutes. Battery life on the pre isnt great to begin with but at least I get through a normal day without having to rechard, I can barely make it a few hours with patches install. Wondering if this is common and seeing how it must be related to patches, what can I do to combat it? I thank you in advance for your answer.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madigan5 View Post
    First, let me thank you for all your hard work. My issue: Today I decided to inquire about patches for the first time and did so using both methods (Quick Install and Preware). Everything has worked great, but now my battery is draining crazy fast, like 20% in 30 minutes. Battery life on the pre isnt great to begin with but at least I get through a normal day without having to rechard, I can barely make it a few hours with patches install. Wondering if this is common and seeing how it must be related to patches, what can I do to combat it? I thank you in advance for your answer.
    I also have thought my Pre was draining mush faster than normal (like 2% every 10 minutes [so not as bad as you]) with the patches. I don't even have anything that should be actively running though (such as the dictionary patch). Makes me sad
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    i can't seem to get the virtual keyboard to install properly on webos 1.2.1 . anyone else have this problem? it keeps showing up saying.

Virtual Keyboard requires a script to be executed after installation. If you wish to view the script that is going to be executed, click the 'view' button below. To execute the script and continue the process, click 'Ok'. Click 'Cancel' to abort the script and revert any steps that have already been taken.

so i click 'Ok'

and it says

Error Installing [4]

I am completely lost. if anyone can help me, please do.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is having the problem with reverting to default settings on some of the tweaks.

This is what I get on the launcher Opacity.. luckily I had it originally at 0% when I first had run it, however if I try to change it it gives me this error. I unchecked the box for Launcher OpacityLauncher-Opacity.gif

I tried to remove the patches with Preware and it could not remove the patch.

I even tried to go to the delete file/directory and entered in the Preware file information on the patch and it didn't find it to delete.

So after a night of more trial and error....

I think I've figured how to make this work and here's how:
    Go to WebOS Quick Install
    Under Tools menu:
    Select Device Management.
    Select Applications or Patches in the drop down menu under user installed content. Check box for the patch you want to remove and reset, then click the uninstall button. (some of the patches are listed in applications)
    Wait a few minutes for WebOS Quick Install to remove the patch.

Then go back to the Tweaks menu in the select the proper system mod/styling mod/online repository tweak.
    It should work now.
    Phew!

Someone might want to copy this info to the first post as the unclicking the tweaks don't always work (some work some do not).

wow. this totally worked, JR acknowledged that there was a problem with the opacity tweak and many people were having problems adjusting. thanks!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omi205 View Post
    hey everyone i got a quick question. I was reading around about patches and such for 1.2.1 (which i have) everything seems to be working great i got all my patches and theme back from befor the update. but my question is for the virtual keyboard does it work for 1.2.1, i dont want to instal it and then end up in a disaster. some threads say no it only works for 1.2 and others say 1.2.1 will work and then the rest are unclear. im not sure what do and it looks really tempting?
    Great question. I installed on 1.2.1 this morning. Seems to work ok. I used the WOSQI method, hopefully it won't be too hard to remove for the next update.

I only used WOSQI for the keyboard, though. I used quilt for the rest of my tweaks, and I don't have many "official" or homebrew apps installed.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am using WOSQI 2.72. Now i tried doing it though QI but when i open WebOS internal feed (all) in the tab bar. Virtual keyboard is not an option/patch to pick from. Which WOSQI did you use? I could do it on preware but in the discription part of the patch it says NOTE: dosnt work with 1.2.1 update. And since you were able to do it through QI then i am just wondering which version of QI you used? thank for the time...
    What is with the battery as percentage patches? I have tried again and again removing and reinstalling the patch but it DOES NOT show after a restart. Most other patches, at least, the ones I want are working. Am I doing something wrong? I remember before the 1.2, when I rooted and went to WOS internals.org, was able to display it as percentage.
    Help!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serqet View Post
    Great question. I installed on 1.2.1 this morning. Seems to work ok. I used the WOSQI method, hopefully it won't be too hard to remove for the next update.

I only used WOSQI for the keyboard, though. I used quilt for the rest of my tweaks, and I don't have many "official" or homebrew apps installed.
    I used to use quilt...but why not use WOSQI or Preware to install patches now? The best part is, you can just run the EPR patch, and it automatically cleans all the patches up for you, removes itself, and then restarts your PRE so you have a clean bill of health!
    I've been having major patch problems. I ran webOS doctor and reverted my Pre to 1.2.1. Did the tweaks through QI, waited after each tweak for the reboot.

But when I try to install the "capture with volume keys" patch, I get an error message saying "reversed (or previously applied)". However, the patch IS installed because it is working in the camera application. Is it possible that running webOS doctor overlooked it? Or could it be a glitch in QI, not detecting what is installed? I have to same issue with the "swipe to delete form browser history" patch.

I'd like to remove them, but I have no way of doing it. I was thinking maybe I'd have to do it through the novaterm command line, but I don't know how to access the patch file.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eayala View Post
    However, the patch IS installed because it is working in the camera application. Is it possible that running webOS doctor overlooked it?
    No. The doctor wipes all of flash, there will be no remnant of anything you had before after the doctor does it's work. Your problem lies elsewhere...