Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    dude! i cant get none of these patches to work, im getting some error codes and i keep clicking ok and then my phone restarts??!! can some one help me please
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    ok i read this whole post, can enyone tell me how to make the patches actually start working, i install them and check if they are installed but cannot make them work. I uninstall them and install them again and nothing. trying preware, updating feeds now from prefrence menu, to see if that works.

trying to run smileys patch with 1.2.1

when in preware cannot see patches under patches, only see VK patch, i find the other patches under applications???

Trying recovery patch now, also what's this phone icon on my pre, see it today since installing some tweaks. i did a doc recovery and still there, anyone?

In Preware, you must have the "autopatch" feed installed to see/install any patch other than VK.

The icon you are seeing is for TTY/TDD services for your phone. From your dial pad, go to Preferences and scroll down to turn them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    In Preware, you must have the "autopatch" feed installed to see/install any patch other than VK.

The icon you are seeing is for TTY/TDD services for your phone. From your dial pad, go to Preferences and scroll down to turn them off.
    I apreciate the info thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I am getting an Error [4] when trying to install the new v4.4 of PdfViewer Enable Landscape patch. Is anyone else having this issue? This is the only problem patch that I've run into while installing now. Thanks.
    I cant get my pre to forward messages?
    I could not get my messages to forward, how did you?
    i like the changes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.2.1 and tried to install, uninstall and reinstall the kb patch with Preware and Quick Install, but niether would work. I would say that it is successfully installed, but I cannot get it to pop in any text field. I've tried the suggestions people have posted on the forums to bring up the kb, but with no luck.

I did not have any tweaks or patches on my phone before. Am I somehow installing the wrong version of the kb patch? In Preware it says it is v0.4.2 and it says it is only compatible with 1.2.0. Is there a new version that I'm not getting or something?? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...this is the only thing that I'm dying to have on my Pre.
    i am sorry if this has been answered but i cant find it. I have added alot of patches and tweaks and the only one that i cant get to work is the audio/video message forwarding. i get the error 4 message. cant figure out why this wont work when countless other patches work fine. any suggestions are appreciated
    well no joy in canada NO paid apps no 1.2.1 ohhh well.. i guess you folks are the test batch lolol heres hoping it comes soon up here in the great white north..
    I need the iphone patch back...anyone hear anything? Didn't notice how much this patch actually does until I didn't have it anymore. Is it workin for anyone.

also, anyone else finding your phone app. Even more intolerably slow and laggy? I've missed numerous calls and it takes far too long to call out. Could this be theme related or tweaks perhaps. The Pre is not the best phone I've ever had that's for sure.
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/06/2009 at 04:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I can't seem to uninstall the 'sms tone per contact' patch from the online repository. I added it with quickInstall 2.7, and it's not in the device config/patches listing. Trying to reinstall it gives me an error. Does anyone know how I can uninstall this patch?
    This stuff is Fing awesome.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Does the "Show Actual Battery Percentage" patch still work?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Error Installing [4] when installing swipe delete option in browser.

Can't find the patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --string option?
    I have a question i'm running 1.2.1, my question is Are the patches in quickinstall suppose to work as soon as you install them or what do i need to do. I've installed autofeed and, i really don't know what it does, cause i don't see the diffence, it just says it's installed. hope someone can clarify this for me, brb,thanks!

ok i'm back, anyone?
    Last edited by robbskittles; 10/06/2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Is there a way to prevent 1.2.1 patch from automatically installing? I refused it this morning when it asked me to, and it told me it will automatically install next time I charge my phone. I'm at work and can't uninstall all my tweaks.. and my phone doesn't have much juice on it right now since I was lazy and didn't charge it overnight.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Does the "Show Actual Battery Percentage" patch still work?
    I can get it to install if i don't have "Battery Icon as Percent" or "Battery Icon and Percent" installed. But I cannot have both "Show Actual Battery Percentage" and one of Battery Icon patches installed. My preference would be to have "Battery Icon as Percent" and "Show Actual Battery Percentage" installed. I tried this on Preware and QI and got the same result.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    maybe we need a patches/mods/tweaks subforum...

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    I can get it to install if i don't have "Battery Icon as Percent" or "Battery Icon and Percent" installed. But I cannot have both "Show Actual Battery Percentage" and one of Battery Icon patches installed. My preference would be to have "Battery Icon as Percent" and "Show Actual Battery Percentage" installed. I tried this on Preware and QI and got the same result.
    Yep the show actual and battery icon patches touch the same exact line in different ways and thus do not work together. We can create separate battery icon and battery percent patches that include the show actual functionality as well to overcome this.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast