Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    This happened to me with 1.2. The next day after the first install...it wanted to do it again.

And there's no way to say NO. Unless you want to stay up all nite.
    This is very annoying. If I remove my patches yet again, and let it update to 1.2.1 yet again, and then reinstall my patches.... how do I know this is not going to happen again? There's got to be a root cause. Any theories?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    It says unable to detect device when I try to install preware what do I do ??
    Thanks In advance
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra977 View Post
    This is very annoying. If I remove my patches yet again, and let it update to 1.2.1 yet again, and then reinstall my patches.... how do I know this is not going to happen again? There's got to be a root cause. Any theories?

I haven't the foggiest. But on the bright side, my phone hasn't done it again. And I have a lot of patches/tweaks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    You know you state that the
    Calendar: Month View Default works....but it doesnt the one thing that irks me about my lovely phone (one of them actually *but Ill get to those later*) is the fact that my calendars default is a day view, I like seeing my full months calendar when I pop the calendar open....any way to do this?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uanduve View Post
    You know you state that the
    Calendar: Month View Default works....but it doesnt the one thing that irks me about my lovely phone (one of them actually *but Ill get to those later*) is the fact that my calendars default is a day view, I like seeing my full months calendar when I pop the calendar open....any way to do this?

Month View Default

This patch dose work, I have used it with 1.2 and 1.2.1
    Did you restart your phone after putting it on?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    This happened to me with 1.2. The next day after the first install...it wanted to do it again.

And there's no way to say NO. Unless you want to stay up all nite.
    I reinstalled 1.2 three times but now my Pre this last week, but this morning when I went to check for updates, my Pre wont see the 1.2.1 update! I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue and as of now it still says Phone is up to Date even though I am on 1.2.
    Hey - just discovered that the second 1.2.1 update (definitely - didn't check after the first one, as far as I can remember) removed my Optware user. SSH was still running but my user was gone, so I couldn't log in.

Apparently all I had to do was rerun the optware install script (which I did via the Terminal App which was installed and when started gave a root prompt; see http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Next_steps ) and recreate the user ...

(was attempting to install the newest FriendsFlowBeta via "wget" and "ipkg install")
    Last edited by ericdives; 10/03/2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added the next steps linky
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Don't see "add date to top bar" in the list. (Maybe I'm just blind)

I've tried both versions (with and without year) and both of them worked for me.
    when i do the email landscape i get error messages on computer then it resets and nothing happens with it all seems to stay the same
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Don't see "add date to top bar" in the list. (Maybe I'm just blind)

I've tried both versions (with and without year) and both of them worked for me.
    Both have worked for me also. Personally, I left it at MM/DD.

Just curious - what is the difference between the two 4 x 4 icon patches?
    Can somebody help
    After upgrading to webos 1.2.1

I am getting errors on the folowing
    Browser Multi Patch,
    Shutter Sound on/of button,

Add Date to Top Bar,
    Show Actual Battery Percentage,

All the messaging Time Stamp Patches
    Messaging Newline,
    Message Jump One Word
    Message Forwarding
    Message Compose to Email
    Force Send Offline
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Audio/Video Messaging Attach
    Add Avatar to Messaging

Call Duration in Call Log
    Enable Roam Only Option

All these Patches are giving me error[4]
    Are there ipk/ipkg files for all the patches? I like them that way
    thanks for your help
    FYI: Though I had my Pre ask me to update to 1.2.1 a second time, it hasn't asked me to update a 3rd.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    i noticed that to update a patch you have to remove it then re-install it. is this corret?
    Yes!

After reading your question, I added this note in the opening post:

• The same patch you installed with Preware can be removed by running the same patch.

Thank you!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/15/2009 at 03:32 PM.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Can somebody help
    After upgrading to webos 1.2.1

I am getting errors on the following
    Browser Multi Patch,
    Shutter Sound on/of button,
    Simple question. Are you sure that your WiFi connection was on or that you had a really good cell signal? If it cannot get enough data though in a certain amount of time it seems to time out and give that same Error 4 message.

When you get an error it offers to tell you the error log. Could you tell us the Error 4 message error log that you are getting?

- Craig
    When trying to update to 1.21, i Keep getting the error "failed to properly validate"...anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    FYI: Though I had my Pre ask me to update to 1.2.1 a second time, it hasn't asked me to update a 3rd.
    Same here. It forced a 2nd update of 1.2.1 before I removed all my patches. After the 2nd update, I removed them with Preware and re-installed. Everything seems to be working great, and it now says my phone is up to date. Sure would like to know why it thought I hadn't updated...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    hey!! Does any one know why the uodate is not in canada and when can I update my phone I can't wait I need help
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    When trying to update to 1.21, i Keep getting the error "failed to properly validate"...anyone else having this problem?
    fixed my problem by downloading over evdo...for some reason it wouldn't work over wifi, but worked over evdo.
    Do I have to reset the phone after every patch that I install? After the update yesterday, I installed all the patches at the same time, but know I am seeing that they are not working? This morning I have been installing patches then restarting phone. Hopefully this works this time.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Please make a patch that can enable the videos to be a ring tone (video tone)
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast