Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
    I am still confused.. Can I use wosqi to install preware on the 2.1 pre or should i use the palm-install. Once I do that I think I will use what I can find on the feeds. I really appreciate all the work people do bringing us these very useful items. Someday maybe i'll brush off my pascal 77 skills and design an app. I read all I could about it, but I am still not sure which one is working for 2.1. I have used wosqi before, so I'd be more comfortable with that.

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by prefabricated View Post
    I am still confused.. Can I use wosqi to install preware on the 2.1 pre or should i use the palm-install. Once I do that I think I will use what I can find on the feeds. I really appreciate all the work people do bringing us these very useful items. Someday maybe i'll brush off my pascal 77 skills and design an app. I read all I could about it, but I am still not sure which one is working for 2.1. I have used wosqi before, so I'd be more comfortable with that.

Thanks again
    You should follow the official Preware documentation at install.preware.org

-- Rod
    Sorry to be so dense, but when I type "palm-install" with the file name in the proper directory I get "palm-install" is not recognized as an internal or external command.
    Sorry to be so dense, but when I type "palm-install" with the file name in the proper directory I get "palm-install" is not recognized as an internal or external command.
    Have you read and followed the SDK documentation related to palm-install?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    yes i had not installed the sdk nor could i once i attempted it....... would stop at about 50 percent and hang for about 15 minutes so I gave up.

Plan B ,,,, install with wosqi ... success with caveats

I was getting error messages at the beginning and end of the install of preware using wosqi I assumed it was not installing, but i was wrong. it did install despite several error messages. I just had to restart the phone to see it.
    What threw me off reading the documentation was the part that said "do not believe if you are told you need to download the doctor" or something along those lines. every time i clicked on the quick install .jar a screen came up saying i needed to install the doctor prior to using the wosqi so i did and all worked but there is some quesswork involved what with the error massages and the somewhat contradictory wording in some documentation. All in all, however the webos internals people really have made the pre experience much much better. I don't understand why HP doesn't utilize them to a further extent than they do. if they do at all. After loading 2.1 on the pre plus, I am at a complete loss as to why VZW hasn't made it available OTA

Thank you for your help. I am currently loading patches and apps from preware
    yes i had not installed the sdk nor could i once i attempted it....... would stop at about 50 percent and hang for about 15 minutes so I gave up.

Plan B ,,,, install with wosqi ... success with caveats

I was getting error messages at the beginning and end of the install of preware using wosqi I assumed it was not installing, but i was wrong. it did install despite several error messages. I just had to restart the phone to see it.
    What threw me off reading the documentation was the part that said "do not believe if you are told you need to download the doctor" or something along those lines. every time i clicked on the quick install .jar a screen came up saying i needed to install the doctor prior to using the wosqi so i did and all worked but there is some quesswork involved what with the error massages and the somewhat contradictory wording in some documentation. All in all, however the webos internals people really have made the pre experience much much better. I don't understand why HP doesn't utilize them to a further extent than they do. if they do at all. After loading 2.1 on the pre plus, I am at a complete loss as to why VZW hasn't made it available OTA

Thank you for your help. I am currently loading patches and apps from preware
    Sounds like you're using a vastly outdated version of WOSQI. Someone keeps passing along a WOSQI 3.x download link but that is not recommended for usage.

Install the proper WOSQI 4.1.1 and you should have no issues.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I've put myself in a stupid situation with stuck patches, and I'm hoping someone can show mercy and help me out of it.

I have a Bell Pre, which at one time I'd upgraded to webOS 2.1.0. It worked, but really slowly, and performance was bad enough that the phone often missed calls. So I chose to doctor back to 1.4.5.

Somehow, all of my patches were retained (perhaps via Save/Restore?). They weren't in effect, but they were showing up as "installed" in Preware. So I started uninstalling them... but there are nine patches that simply can not be removed:

- Disable Captive Portal Notifications
    - Disable Landscape Gesture Scroll (Browser)
    - Fixed Keyboard Brightness 100
    - Muffle System Logging
    - No Auto Refresh After Idle (Browser)
    - SMS Vibrate to Two Seconds (Messaging)
    - Unhide Dev Mode Icon (Launcher)
    - Unthrottle Download Manager
    - Video Camera Flashlight (Camera)

Some of these are webOS 2.1-only, but not all, so that doesn't seem to be the determining factor.

Anyway, Preware couldn't remove them, so I ran EPR. But it states that no patches are installed (which is true, really; can't fault it there). Next up was running webOS Repair Utility, but it only found a single file that was out of the norm (and it was completely unrelated to patches; it seemed like a cache file or something one would expect to change).

So I decided to blindly dig ever deeper. I figured something must be kicking around to make Preware think the patches were installed. So I deleted the patch folders from /media/crypto/apps/usr/palm/applications (I seem to recall they were empty anyway). But they STILL appear in Preware! Of course, now when I try removing them, it complains the app folders don't exist.

I've tried using WOSQI to remove the patches as well, but it's behaving the same as Preware. So just where is this rogue patch data being stored, and how to I get rid of it for good?
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Holy cow, I finally figured it out. I had to open the device command line through WOSQI, and run this command for each stuck patch:

Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.browser-disable-landscape-gesture-scroll
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    Edit: Found the culprit - My Veer has Version 2.1.1 (as all the german veers from what I understand) and there are no patches so far for that, it seems... So I had to input the feed for 2.1.0 Patches manually in preware ( http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.1.0/ ). Now I got the Message Character Counter Patch up and running great so far... Hopefully it stays that way

-----------

Hello there, sorry if this was asked before - I am a real freshman with webos... my last Palm was a Zire 71 :-D

So I got a (german) Veer and got Preware and the latest WebOS Quick Install (4.2.3.), got a few Apps but when I search for Patches it tells me "no packets found" (translated). No luck in Preware either.

I would really like this letter counter Patch for messaging but there is no file to download in the linked thread ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-counter.html ) and as I see it, the WOSQI or Preware are the only sources for that patch. Or is it not WebOS 2.1 approved?

Thanks in advance for not hitting me with a blunt object because I didn't find the answer via search ;-)
    Last edited by Faenwolf; 07/12/2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Solution found
    Yes the version of the veer is slightly different. Most patches for 2.1 might just work, but not all.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I just got a replacement Sprint Pre- on webOS 1.4.5 and after using Preware to restore all the saved packages, I've found that some of my favorite patches (mostly top-bar stuff) are now listed as "not currently available for webOS 1.4.5."

What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I just got a replacement Sprint Pre- on webOS 1.4.5 and after using Preware to restore all the saved packages, I've found that some of my favorite patches (mostly top-bar stuff) are now listed as "not currently available for webOS 1.4.5."

What's up with that?
    Same problem here, I passed my old Sprint Pre- on to my girlfriend and when I went to re-install some of the patches, they came up as no longer available for 1.4.5.
    just wan to ask: where is the "Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10" patches from WebosInternals? I cant see it in Preware anymore? I prefer that one better than the new version from Rav??
    1. does anyone know where the "Add Download Link option." patch is? i can't find it in preware...

2. was a patch ever made for hotmail EAS as mentioned here? --> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...play-html.html

i dont' want to use pop settings for hotmail bc it doesn't sync the read emails and i also check my hotmail using my iphone, windows live mail, and over the web...
    Last edited by hiphoptouchpad; 11/05/2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphoptouchpad View Post
    1. does anyone know where the "Add Download Link option." patch is? i can't find it in preware......
    I saw this
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lti-patch.html

in post number 3 of this thread.

Is there an updated list of patches for the TP? There are a lot not in Preware. A google spreadsheet (categorized&alphabetized) with short description, link to thread here and link to download would save a lot of searching around.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I saw this
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lti-patch.html

in post number 3 of this thread.

Is there an updated list of patches for the TP? There are a lot not in Preware. A google spreadsheet (categorized&alphabetized) with short description, link to thread here and link to download would save a lot of searching around.
    Alternatively, people could submit the working ones to webOS-Patches Web Portal so that the number of patches in Preware increases ...

Doing so would reduce the entropy of the universe, rather than increase it by creating yet another out of date list.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It would be great if there was a spell checker like in android
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    just wan to ask: where is the "Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10" patches from WebosInternals? I cant see it in Preware anymore? I prefer that one better than the new version from Rav??
    This was renamed to 'Buttah' I believe.
    Has anyone tried out the 'Disk Cache Mod' patch in preware? I searched and couldn't find anything about it on the forums. Any opinions on it?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi All,

How can I test installation of my patch before submitting it to webos-internals.org?

I've fixed a few bugs in the webOS 3.0.5 Calendar app and have generated patch files using diff -dr ... from a terminal on my TouchPad as well as via the Unified Diff Utility on Mac OS X desktop. The patch files from both tools look more or less the same (different from & to diff paths) but neither successfully install when I use the "Install" button shown in the Internalz Pro app when I use it to open those patch files.

I'm confident in the patch's code changes as well as the produced diff but I'd really like to be able to test its installation before officially submitting it to webos-internals.org.

Can anyone provide tips on how to do this?

Thanks