Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 522
  1. #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I had a question relating to Preware and downloading patches.

    If I am downloading patches from Preware, is there a limit on how many I can dowload before I have to do a full Luna Restart? Usually I will download a patch and select Luna Restart for "latter" while I download additional patches.

    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    You can install a number of patches before having to do a luna restart.
    Sometimes patches can conflict with each other. You may install a few and find the next one you attempt to install fails. Try a luna restart and then come back and try to install the one that didn't.

    I don't know for sure if there is actually any limit before a luna is needed, it may just be that you need one before some others would install if you are doing a bunch in succession.

    Personally, I when I restore a bunch of patches (with Preware + Save/Restore) after a fresh install from the doctor, it will install a bunch then hang on some. After a luna restart, the others then will install.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. #462  
    Everytime my Pre reboots I loose my added page and all my applciation icons move to the first page. This was happening before the latest OS update and is stil happening now after the update.
    Installed patch is 5x4 Icons V1 and Enable Add/Delete Pages.

    Any ideas?
    TIA
  3. #463  
    Thanks a ton for all the work you've done here, made it all very easy to understand!
  4. mrdunn's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #464  
    On messaging, notification repeat option is there, but doesn't work. On preware, patch doesn't show up to uninstall. When I try to install it, I get a error message and log says it is already installed and cannot be removed. I tried some of the suggested remove all patches, but doesn't find that patch. How can I remove the repeat notification patch and reinstall it?
    thanks
  5. #465  
    I am a new Pre user and I know I have an awful lot to learn. But first, I want to say thanks for such a great forum.

    I have been searching the patches but didn't see this one. I'm thinking maybe it's there but I didn't recognize it. I'd like to see the names/numbers of the callers who DO leave messages so I know if I absolutely HAVE to check voicemail. Did I miss it? My old cheapie Samsung did this and it saved me lots of time....especially if I didn't want to call the person back!

    Thx much!
  6. #466  
    I am no expert but when someone calls who are in your phone book it will show you who calls.
  7. #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by irenejd View Post
    I am a new Pre user and I know I have an awful lot to learn. But first, I want to say thanks for such a great forum.

    I have been searching the patches but didn't see this one. I'm thinking maybe it's there but I didn't recognize it. I'd like to see the names/numbers of the callers who DO leave messages so I know if I absolutely HAVE to check voicemail. Did I miss it? My old cheapie Samsung did this and it saved me lots of time....especially if I didn't want to call the person back!

    Thx much!
    Why don't you get the visual voicemail app called YouView? The app has a CallerID feature built into it. So you can see more details on who is calling you.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  8. #468  
    That sounds like exactly what I need. Thank you! Like I said....I have an awful lot to learn. But I just love my Pre!
  9. #469  
    Thanks, NoResults. But it doesn't show a call that goes to VM in the log. That means I always have to check VM to see who it was. Sometimes I'm just expecting to hear back from someone and don't always need to check the VM first.

    The2ndFlood suggested an app called YouView and I'm going to try that.
  10. #470  
    help..trying to find a patch that closes out the cards from card view by double tapping card and it spins out into oblivion. Anyone know of this feature?
  11. #471  
    Guys,

    I canot find one simple patch for date, there must be one. I`m looking for this format date on top bar were the time is: 27 Aug

    Don`t need year, just first 3 letters of month, white.
  12. art_sjc's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #472  
    I searched Preware and this thread but could not find the Calendar patch that automatically takes you to the edit details screen when adding a new event. Does this patch still exist? Does it need a new maintainer? If so, could someone point me to the last known version? Thanks.
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    I searched Preware and this thread but could not find the Calendar patch that automatically takes you to the edit details screen when adding a new event. Does this patch still exist? Does it need a new maintainer? If so, could someone point me to the last known version? Thanks.
    Do you mean by pushing an icon for a new event or a command? There's "New Event Icons and Shortcuts", it's also a part of UberCalendar.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  14. art_sjc's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you mean by pushing an icon for a new event or a command? There's "New Event Icons and Shortcuts", it's also a part of UberCalendar.
    No... There was a patch that, when you touched a time slot in day view to add a new event, instead of staying in day view and having to touch the (i) to edit the details, it would take you to that screen automatically.
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    No... There was a patch that, when you touched a time slot in day view to add a new event, instead of staying in day view and having to touch the (i) to edit the details, it would take you to that screen automatically.
    I know there is a patch like this for the Tasks app (New Task Auto Details).
    I never really noticed if there was a similar patch for the Calendar since I use UberCalendar, which provides the functionality your looking for.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  16. art_sjc's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I know there is a patch like this for the Tasks app (New Task Auto Details).
    I never really noticed if there was a similar patch for the Calendar since I use UberCalendar, which provides the functionality your looking for.
    I see, thanks. I'll check out UberCalendar then to see if I can extract some of the functionality. I don't really want most of the other features it offers though. The last time I remember applying the patch I'm looking for was back in 1.3 I think.
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    I see, thanks. I'll check out UberCalendar then to see if I can extract some of the functionality. I don't really want most of the other features it offers though. The last time I remember applying the patch I'm looking for was back in 1.3 I think.
    Glad I could help.
    FYI, before you try and install UberCalendar, remove ALL calendar patches, otherwise you'll get install errors.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18. art_sjc's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Glad I could help.
    FYI, before you try and install UberCalendar, remove ALL calendar patches, otherwise you'll get install errors.
    Oh, I plan to dig through the code and write my own patch to do exactly what I'm looking for.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    Oh, I plan to dig through the code and write my own patch to do exactly what I'm looking for.
    Oh. Great. Kudos to you then.

    Be sure to share with the community when you have your custom patches done.
    I know some people early on in the UberCalendar patch thread were looking for some of the features individualized out of UC for similar/same reasons you do.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #480  
    Having problems trying to get SMS Tone Per Contact back on my phone when the new verison load it messed up my palm bad and had to restart from the begining. When I try to load it it say Error Installing See IPKG Log. Can someone please help because I had backed everything up but it took that choice away from me all so. So I cant use Emergency Patch Recovery. Please Help!!!!

Posting Permissions