Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    did you try the VKB Cleanup? Install that to remove all traces of the Virtual Keyboard.
    hi how do i install vkb cleanup and where do i get it from? cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by akz_g View Post
    hi how do i install vkb cleanup and where do i get it from? cheers
    Check in Preware under Available Other > Linux Application > All.

Is there a thread or page that displays updated patches or newly added patches?
    These are practically necessary for any palm user out there
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    Instead of opening the Inbox of the last email received (when clicking on the email symbol at the left side of the notification), open 'All inboxes'. More convenient for those of us that have more than one inbox and have received a notification for multiple emails from more than one of the inboxes.
    Yeah, this would be good...
    Is there a place to suggest patches? There are two I'd like for the music player:

1) open is list mode, instead of in cover-flow mode
    2) include a button to play the songs in order, instead of only having a button for shuffle. (You can make it play in order after starting in shuffle mode, but that's a nuisance)
    oh, and in e-mail, I'd desperately love to have the trash folder have a different "store until" date than the in-box. Umm, it's trash, why would I want to keep it more than a day or two?

I get lots of email, and sometimes it causes memory issues. If I could have it empty the trash (or better, just prune the old trash) faster I could keep the stuff in the inbox longer.

(what I'd really like is to be able to define folders on the gadget for pop mail, and be able to store a few select notes indefinitely. But I expect that's a harder sort of patch.)
    i have tried to remove the tweaks frome my palm pre using the webOS quick install, but it does'nt work, i've tried to use preware but something wrong whit preware cause not even start. I'll apreciate some help
    how can you lock your texts, move them into a folder and make it so it doesn't auto delete?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermister View Post
    how can you lock your texts, move them into a folder and make it so it doesn't auto delete?
    I just want to be able to do this with e-mails!
    Hello.

is it possible to make apatch that automatically turns off wifi, when not connected to specific networks? I know it sounds a bit lazy, since the option is right in the top menu, but I often forget, and it does wonders for my bat-life.

Thanks and greets from Denmark.
    Rune.
    oh, and turns it back on when the networks apear again :-) bit important actually :-)

Rune
    ubercalendar is a great patch.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I didn't find any reference to it so I'm just going to ask.

Is there anyone working on a Pre version of the Android lock screen? I like the idea of the gesture to unlock the phone.
    My top bar disapeared after messing with patches. I installed it and removed it and installed it again and the bar is still solid white. HELP PLEASE
    I have installed WebOS QuickInstall and downloaded a patch (enable landscape in email) that works great. I disconnected and now I want to reconnect and download another patch. I am not sure how because everything I find that seems like it will provide directions actually covers how to download and install WebOS Quickinstall. Where do I go for a "how to" that just addresses how to install patches? Sorry if you've covered this before...

NVM, I figured it out.
    Last edited by MikeyrInFL; 08/02/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Runej View Post
    Hello.

is it possible to make apatch that automatically turns off wifi, when not connected to specific networks? I know it sounds a bit lazy, since the option is right in the top menu, but I often forget, and it does wonders for my bat-life.

Thanks and greets from Denmark.
    Rune.
    Hello Runej,

You should check out Mode Switcher! While it is not a patch, it will do what your looking to accomplish and a whole lot more.

Also, it is kind of a known thing around the forums that leaving wifi on actually is better on battery life that turning it on and off. Of course, all situations are different and you mileage may vary. I forgot to mention that this is true when "connected to a network", not just leaving it on. I misspoke and stand corrected. See next post.

Regards!
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/04/2010 at 07:59 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Also, it is kind of a known thing around the forums that leaving wifi on actually is better on battery life that turning it on and off. Of course, all situations are different and you mileage may vary.
    That's incorrect. An antenna powered on will always use more battery than an antenna that is off. What you are thinking of is that the wifi antenna is more efficient than the EVDO antenna. If you have an available wifi network, connect to it, because webOS is constantly pulling data in the background, and will use less juice pulling data over the wifi.

Just having the wifi on with no network doesn't help. You will still be using your EVDO data connection, sucking down the battery, but also powering the wifi antenna that is not being used. There is realistic penalty for powering your wifi on and off, so just turn it on if you know you have an available wifi network.

If you don't believe me, check the drain in each situation with Govnah. It shows a numerical value for the current draw on the battery.

I highly recommend toggling EVDO data off when you don't need it to save battery. You still receive calls and texts this way, and when you pick up your phone again, just turn data back on, you phone will update emails and other apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    That's incorrect. An antenna powered on will always use more battery than an antenna that is off. What you are thinking of is that the wifi antenna is more efficient than the EVDO antenna. If you have an available wifi network, connect to it, because webOS is constantly pulling data in the background, and will use less juice pulling data over the wifi.

Just having the wifi on with no network doesn't help. You will still be using your EVDO data connection, sucking down the battery, but also powering the wifi antenna that is not being used. There is realistic penalty for powering your wifi on and off, so just turn it on if you know you have an available wifi network.

If you don't believe me, check the drain in each situation with Govnah. It shows a numerical value for the current draw on the battery.

I highly recommend toggling EVDO data off when you don't need it to save battery. You still receive calls and texts this way, and when you pick up your phone again, just turn data back on, you phone will update emails and other apps.
    My wifi connection is always on. I am connected most of the time to a wifi network (home/work), but when I am not, I don't see that much of a drain overall. I get most drain when the gps and EVDO are on and I'm not using them. Hence they get turned off.

I forgot to mention that you need to be connected to a wifi spot for it not to affect it as much; as you stated it being more efficient. I misspoke. I stand corrected.

Yes, toggling the EVDO data off is a big saver.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I had a question relating to Preware and downloading patches.

If I am downloading patches from Preware, is there a limit on how many I can dowload before I have to do a full Luna Restart? Usually I will download a patch and select Luna Restart for "latter" while I download additional patches.

Thanks for any help you can give me.