Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jp75 View Post
    It'd be nice to have a patch that lets you scroll up and down webpages using your volume key. There's no use for volume when you're on a web page, and it'd be good to be able to scroll slowly without touching the screen when you're reading something. Has this been developed?
    The Browser Multi Mod patch available in Preware gives you hotkeys for page nav...As for the volume keys idea, I don't think there's a way to disengage the keys so the volume doesn't change.

tring to install themes using webos. aftern i click load on the drop down menu get ,sorry theming is currently disabled until the new theming specifications is put in. can anyone help or direct me in the right direction?
    Is there a tutorial around to teach us how to create patches from scratch? I'm playing with some code but it doesn't seem to like it very much (need to learn the significance of the @@ prefix etc).
    I'm trying to find the thread that has the new patch for the battery icon rotated on top of the percentage?

I want to ask the developer to make a small change or show me how to make a change.

Right now the battery is on it's side or rotated and centered, I would like the battery to be 'left justified' with the percentage text.

It's just a personal feeling that it would look better to me. The icon being centered seems to look like it's too far to the right, to me.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Would someone be able to make a patch to bypass the powerbutton. Maybe to double tap the gesture area or push and hold the button on the front. The power button seems to wear out
    hello, im new in this forum,
    This is my problem...

I installed preware, and downloaded a lot of patches, but two of them made some problems...so i cant use teh calendar, because one of them was the "default month view patch", and the other was "unhide Developer mode".
    Later i tried to uninstall both of them, because they didnt work...preware, didnt work, so i use "erase or erase all" option in the palm system options...everything was delete, but the problem is there...so now i cant use developer mode and calendar too..
    because of that i cant use webos doctor...

so, i need a lot of help, because my palm pre is like new, but i cant install anything...

i think the problem are the patches, because i enter the pre app (pdf landscape view) and they still work, so i think i need to erase this patches, but i cant...and in usb mode i cant see them...

for you help,
    thanks a lot
    you don't need the calendar or the dev mode for the webos doctor. There is always a backdoor: somthing like volume up and power on, but I don't remember exactly.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    can you explain more please.
    Because when i use webos doctor, it says "conect the device direct to pc"
    but the palm pre is conected, i used USB Mode, and just charge, and both of them failed.

What do you mean with volume and power up

thanks a lot for trying to help me
    Last edited by Henry Kattan; 05/13/2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Perhaps this is where I can get some love for my patch idea.

I think the patch in my signature is a great idea. Can you go there and give me your thoughts? (Or here).

Bounty involved!

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    My Pre is always set to vibrate mode as I don't like audible alerts and sometimes I just can't hear them when I'm in a noisy environment.

Emails: I've installed "Email Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for email alerts and it works great. I can always tell that I just received an email without looking as the long steady vibration is unique.

Phone: Phone calls already have a distinctive vibration pattern.

SMS/IM: There is "SMS/IM Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for SMS so while it is similar to the email patch, I can usually tell the difference between SMS and email without looking.

Calendar: What I need now is a Unique vibration pattern for Calendar Events. The standard vibration is usually too quick that I keep missing important meetings. If would love it if there was a patch to use that standard calendar 1/2 second vibration, then pause 1/2 second, then vibrate 1/2 second,.... and so on until it has vibrated 5 times or (even better) a user defined number of times. Then that would be great as this pattern would be unique enough so I could tell that I have a calendar event without looking at my Pre. It would also be long enough so I shouldn’t miss it, unless I’m completely brain dead that is.

Thanks.
    i keep getting an error message whenever i try to install the virtual keyboard. i installed it once, but then deleted it. now it wont install at all
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxokellz View Post
    i keep getting an error message whenever i try to install the virtual keyboard. i installed it once, but then deleted it. now it wont install at all
    Run the VKB Cleanup Tool. That will clear out all old Virtual Keyboard files so that you can install again. It's available in the feeds of WOSQI or Preware.
    Has there been any consideration for a "Patch Risk Rating" system?

I was just thinking it would be nice to know if a patch is a simple one, with very little, if any, chance of fouling up the phone because of other patches, apps, etc. Or if a patch is a risky install that has the potential to be sending your Pre/Pixi to the Dr.

Something like a scale of 1-10, viewable from Preware would be ideal.

Thoughts?
    Having the rear LED strobe when the phone rings would be great, as where I work we have so much vibration and noise it is hard to tell when my phone is ringing. Or disabling the side volume buttons for ringer adjustment.
    Is there a way to show that the phone is powered on when the screen is inactive? Like a fast blink on the LED? Or how about a way to lock the volume control? (I constantly have to check to see if it is turned up; most of the time my pocket turns the volume all the way down somehow)
    is there a way of resetting the online repository list under tweaks? i went to install virtual keyboard and my comp crashed, now webos quick install thinks it is installed on my pre but it isnt. i have tried 'run erp' and it ddnt help.any ideas??
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akz_g View Post
    is there a way of resetting the online repository list under tweaks? i went to install virtual keyboard and my comp crashed, now webos quick install thinks it is installed on my pre but it isnt. i have tried 'run erp' and it ddnt help.any ideas??
    did you try the VKB Cleanup? Install that to remove all traces of the Virtual Keyboard.
    Instead of showing a check mark in the Bluetooth sub menu of the Device Menu for connected devices. Why not show the same symbols shown in the Bluetooth Preferences for connected devices? I end up having to open preferences to ensure that all the services I need have all connected when I turn on my full featured bluetooth headset.
    Instead of opening the Inbox of the last email received (when clicking on the email symbol at the left side of the notification), open 'All inboxes'. More convenient for those of us that have more than one inbox and have received a notification for multiple emails from more than one of the inboxes.