Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Is someone working on patches to restore pinch to zoom to pdf and doc viewers?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How do I forcibly remove a patch???

Here's the story...Phone Radio Toggle patch is stuck...Preware shows it on my phone with an update available but I can't download without errors, nor will it delete. I can't even start WOSQI because it says I have a patch that needs updating and errors out then closes completely. I just want to remove it. Is my best bet EPR or do you have a better idea?
    Here is the error log:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem, I think the only way around it is to use the older version of webos doctor and wipe the phone. Although to be fair, I haven't tried it myself yet.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    a patch to disable the reset options tone would be awsome, but still leave the vibrate
    There are two patches I would love to see. First: no auto-off when slider is open. I would love to be able to open the slider to prevent the auto off feature. It is always shutting off on me when I am in the middle of something but momentarily distracted.

Next, the laucher page is always poping up on me when I close certain apps or open the slider, I would love to be able to disable the auto-popup of the launcher. I only want it to popup when I press the launcher arrow. It is always poping up on me when I am in the middle of something.

Any takers?
    I have a weird issue with the "Phone Radio Toggle" patch (actually installed using the "Advanced Phone Menu" patch) with 1.4 where if I turn off the phone the menu option still says "Turn off Phone" while the phone is off! So I can't turn the phone back on! I end up rebooting. I'm assuming this may be a weird issue with MY phone because it doesn't appear to be widely reported.

Any other similar reports?
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Did you enter the konami code on the phone (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) to put it into developer mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by camenae06 View Post
    So, I installed Quick Install. I installed novacom. When I do Tools->Tweaks, I get an error box that reads

Required Component Missing

Tweaking requires Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?

I press the "Yes" button and then I get:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install file .ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinernals.patch (arch_priorily=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value: 4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ‘ipkg update’

I hit "Okay" Then I get:

Org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

I press "Okay" and then get another error box. After pressing "Okay" again, I get:

Org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

What am I doing wrong??? I followed all the steps exactly as written! I'm so confused and REALLY want to tweak my phone!

I'm having almost the same problem
    except after i get the
    "Tweaking requires Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"
    I click yes then it says "it will take about a minute be patient and click ok"
    I click ok ... but i do not see anything downloading I've tried this several times..
    can anyone help?

also "preware" is not on my app list on webOS quick install 3.02
    any ideas?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have big fingers; I often accidentally disconnect a call when I only intended to toggle the speakerphone, or to press the zero or number sign while entering data into a voice response unit.

Can someone make a patch to reduce the height of the disconnect button, leaving a space between it and the number pad? (And perhaps also a wee bit more space than at present between it and the bottom buttons?)

Thanks for considering.

--- J.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
    except after i get the
    "Tweaking requires Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"
    I click ok ... but i do not see anything downloading I've tried this several times..
    can anyone help?

any ideas?
    http://install.preware.org

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Hi, I have updated to osweb version 1.40 and when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard I get the error: Error Installing: See IPKG Log. The log says: ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation.
    I should note that I'm able to install other patches. I've used both the luna restart and just rebooted the system. Any idea's would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Ugh... I now need a patch that disables the mobile hotspot alert sound.
    Just a quick question and i did a search but couldnt really find an answer. When instaling patches should you do a luna restart after everyone or can you group some together? Does it make a difference either way? Thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I've tried not restarting after each, and it seems to work OK, at least for a few patches in a row. Sometimes things start to bog down after many are waiting for a restart, and sometimes some patch installation fails with a friendly notice, and then I restarted luna, and then resumed installing more.

The result was always fine.

NOTE: If one of the patches is the one that speeds up downloads, install that one first and then DO restart immediately, so you get the speed benefit on the rest.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    except after i get the
    can anyone help?

any ideas?
    I'm also having this problem, please help, I can't live without my battery status as percent patch! I just can't get the GNU patch to install no matter what I try.
    {Patch Request}

I am constantly back and forth between my Pre, a Blackberry, and the Computer. When I'm not thinking about it I press the Orange Key when I am trying to press the shift button and vice versa. Not sure why it was designed backwards to every other keyboard out there (with the orange key being kind of like CTRL on any other keyboard), but if we could make a patch to re-map the keyboard correcting this, it would be a huge annoyance solved.

Am I the only one that has noticed this?
    quick question==newb here

when i go into Preware,there is an update for Preware itself. Do i need to bkup/uninstall current patches in order to update Preware? or is that only done when updating OS version on the phone?.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by menmypalmpre View Post
    quick question==newb here

when i go into Preware,there is an update for Preware itself. Do i need to bkup/uninstall current patches in order to update Preware? or is that only done when updating OS version on the phone?.
    you don't need to backup or uninstall anything before updating preware. Only when updating the OS.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    except after i get the
    can anyone help?
    I had the same problem. I did a "manual" install. On the WebOS Quick Install screen, click the blue down arrow. At the top, use the pull-down menu (defaults to "PreCentral App Gallery Feed") to change to "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)" ---- or whichever choice is right for your device.

In the list you will see lsdiff and GNU patch. Select them, press "Download", and then "Install". That worked for me.
    is there an area to suggest/request new patches?
    wondering if it's possible for patch to turn bluetooth on when placed on touchstone and then off when removed; for use with carkits, but not to drain battery when off the charger?
    thanks.
    Ev

'mode switcher' does this
    Last edited by everette13; 04/16/2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: found answer
    It'd be nice to have a patch that lets you scroll up and down webpages using your volume key. There's no use for volume when you're on a web page, and it'd be good to be able to scroll slowly without touching the screen when you're reading something. Has this been developed?