Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fs65a View Post
    Well... I updated my Pre to 1.4 last night and all went well except that no patches were working. I read a post to just relax and wait to give WebOS time, etc.

This morning I checked my Pre and nothing. Preware only showed patches with 1.3.5.x versions no matter how many reboots I performed. So then I remembered from Jason's post to install the latest WebOSQuickInstall (ver. 3.02) I ran WOQI and clicked on "tweaks" and the program stated it wanted to update my patches to version 1.4. It went through the process and everything is working (except for the patches that have not been updated yet, but that will come) See screen shot of the update.

Thanks to Jason and all the programmers to make this the best OS for phones out there!! IMHO

Oh yeah, don't forget to put your Pre in Dev mode.

** EDITED ** As a noob I thought it would be a good idea to place some important links for other noobs as sometimes its hard to find in the forums...

WebOS Quick Install 3.02 Click Me
    I followed same this morning without any issues. Prior to pulling 1.4 I removed any patches which stated 1.3.x.x only and I believe that helped my transition...stuff I missed wosqi took care of. I'm running the karmic koala - pardon me Ubuntu linux 9.10 - so I don't experience windows related comm issues.

- I stay away from "dangerous" patches and take the time for regular housekeeping which helps a lot.

P.S. - folks experiencing long restarts be patient. Keep in mind the pre isn't a phone...It's a linux based computer which can make phone calls. Linux will halt, kill, and then re-spawn a stuck process and continue on it's merry way.
    Open Source will make Star Trek a reality...think about it
    Patches now show up for me but none install after tapping the install button...
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Patches now show up for me but none install after tapping the install button...
    This is after using the latest wosqi and letting it clean up existing patches you had?

You may also want to take a look at this:

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

He's running a list of patches which don't work on 1.4, or aren't needed any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispahl View Post
    This is after using the latest wosqi and letting it clean up existing patches you had?
    Between all the chaos with 1.4 and my nOObness to a Pre (haven't really gotten used to a "jailbroken" Pre workings). So, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do or not do. I figure I'll let everything settle and figure it out when it's not crazy.
    Between all the chaos with 1.4 and my nOObness to a Pre (haven't really gotten used to a "jailbroken" Pre workings). So, I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do or not do. I figure I'll let everything settle and figure it out when it's not crazy.
    Try checking out this thread for webos quick install (wosqi):

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html

There is great information out here when you have the time to check it out...Of course its grown by volumes since Friday. lol
    Ok, cool. Thanks
    Ok, cool. Thanks
    You're welcome...I hope it helps.
    Does it make a difference that I'm not on 1.4 yet? I'm on 1.2.1 Anytime I try to update it just hangs searching for a new update.
  9. Von
    Question: Does the iphone browser spoof still work with 1.4?
    Does it make a difference that I'm not on 1.4 yet? I'm on 1.2.1 Anytime I try to update it just hangs searching for a new update.
    absolutely...patches are pulled/replaced in concert with the webos releases. Currently dev's are updating patches for 1.4 and posting to the feeds. There are means of updating the pre to the current version other than OTAR. You can visit:

- palm.com/rom

There's also a lot of information on this forum about the webos doctor.
    Oh darn. I guess off to figure out the update issue...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Question: Does the iphone browser spoof still work with 1.4?
    Check this thread:

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

He's running a list of patches which don't work on 1.4, or aren't needed any longer.
    I don't get an error message like on palm.com/rom, it will just show "Checking for updates" with the thinking wheel the whole time. It never finds anything just keeps checking.
    I don't get an error message like on palm.com/rom, it will just show "Checking for updates" with the thinking wheel the whole time. It never finds anything just keeps checking.
    If you would please goto the first page in this thread and check out some of the pointers listed. This thread is for discussions on "patching" webos, not system update issues and I'm not going to hijack it. lol
    I'm sure this is a stupid question, but do I have to put the phone in developer mode and re-install preware from my computer, or can it update itself? Preware still seem to work after the system update.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I'm sure this is a stupid question, but do I have to put the phone in developer mode and re-install preware from my computer, or can it update itself? Preware still seem to work after the system update.
    Not stupid at all and the answer is not. Preware will present an update if it's not current. Currently I'm showing:

Thanks. That's the version I'm showing, too.

Now, if only I could figure out how to unstick the patches I loaded. Everything else seems okay, but those won't update or remove, because a script needs to be run, and the script dies. Sigh. I started a separate thread about it, since it seemed awfully specific for this thread.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    change of direction from above, but searching did not provide a thread already up to discuss my problem and am hoping someone can help. I am on my 2nd Pre with a now broken power button.

Has anyone developed a patch that can wake the Pre up (put it to sleep) a different way besides the Power button?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Before 9.28 when I removed a patch it dissapeared from the page in the usb drive webos patches, but now I uninstall them, and they keep appearing in the page, is this normal?
    so is the forward gesture no longer working.? I hear that 1.4 update removed the forward gesture but also. The forward gesture seems to work fine in browser. Maybe it was switched to something else.?? :/ 1.4 kinda sucks lol but I still like it cus of video recording !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406