Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    do I remove virtual keyboard b4 the 1.2.1 update? And how do I get these patches were referring to?
    Has anyone else had their Pre report the 1.2.1 update available (and take "15 minutes" to install it) after already updating to 1.2.1?

And as for how to get the patches:

• Install Preware (which you can do with recent versions of webOS Quick Install even though you can't install "tweaks").
    • Install the "auto patch" feed in Preware. This feed includes "patches" that are essentially the "tweaks" of wOSQI.
    • Restart Preware.

And yes, you should uninstall the Virtual Keyboard patch (and themes, and "tweak patches") before upgrading.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    ok thx alot one more question tho so I keep the 1.2 version of pre and just install 1.2.1 and go to preware and then install auto update feed and I can easily get all those patches?
    the reset launcher scroll is listed as not working here on but itts avail with description on preware but does not work as listed...

change text "Enterkey" to line space instead of send works correctly for me.

also I read somewhere that the error 4s were from developer mode not enabled... ???
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the patches before the new update but now when i try to run preware my phone locks up and does a reset and i just noticed the the blink notication is still working and i never put nothing back in, so what do i do now.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    is there a repository of the scripts to run for all these patches?

I can't seem to get the patch feed going in preware. I only see the keyboard patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.t View Post
    I uninstalled the patches before the new update but now when i try to run preware my phone locks up and does a reset and i just noticed the the blink notication is still working and i never put nothing back in, so what do i do now.
    You're not the first person I've heard with this problem. Here's what I think is happening:

The tweak that allows you turn this notification on only makes the switch to turn it on available. Once you turn it on, there's a "personalization setting" indicating that the setting is on ... but if you remove the patch without turning said setting off, you only remove your access to the switch that turns the setting on and off. Removing the patch does not change the setting.

And Jimmyboy: Yes. Uninstall your patches, get the "auto patch" feed in Preware, and you can install most, if not all, of the patches Jason includes in QI via Preware.

The only draw back I've seen so far is that with QI, you can install or remove the patches a heck of a lot quicker than you can using Preware ... and if you've got to run through an update (either from 1.2 to 1.2.1, or if you're like what I had and you have to upgrade 1.2.1 to ... well, 1.2.1) it takes a lot of time to pull them all off and then put them back on after the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    is there a repository of the scripts to run for all these patches?

I can't seem to get the patch feed going in preware. I only see the keyboard patch.
    Look in "Feeds" for the "auto patch" feed. It needs to be installed, and then you need to restart Preware or refresh your feeds to see the patches provided by that feed.
    i noticed that to update a patch you have to remove it then re-install it. is this corret?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH985 View Post
    I forgot to remove my patches before updating to 1.2.1 and now they're gone. I remembered to removed them before 1.2 but in my haste this morning about reading about the new update I forgot. What can I do to get them back?
    Even though you don't see them, you could try "removing" them and then reinstalling them. Of course, if this totally borks your Pre, you're an ***** for doing what some random person on the Internet said to do.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Will the 'square screen' patch be available again?

Also I'm just curious if tapping into the vibration software is even possible? It would be really nice to have different and longer haptic alerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    i noticed that to update a patch you have to remove it then re-install it. is this corret?
    Yes. Same with themes. They're not like Applications where you're "replacing" the old application; if they work like I think they work, these patches (back up and then) modify existing system files. Because of this, you need to remove the patch (restoring the file that was modified back to it's original version) before the file can be modified in the "new" way by the updated patch.
    i have 5 Update but whem i go to remove it gives me an error 4?? anyone no how to overcome this?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    by the way has anybody read the IPKG logs?? thereis some funny stuff in there...just a FYI
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    The only thing thing patch dose is CLEAR the month view of ANY events.

It did not work in 1.2.0 and still not working in 1.2.1

It's too bad, I was hopping to see holiday's ect.. on month view.
    Geez you're right. I uninstalled but still nothing. Weren't monthly event views just added in 1.2?

How did you get yours back? Webos doc?
  16. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    by the way has anybody read the IPKG logs?? thereis some funny stuff in there...just a FYI
    Please share!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Right on..
    Does message forwarding mess up sending vcards over MM?

When I now tap on a vcard in MM that has been sent to me...the message "do you want to forward this message?" come up...I tap "no"....but the vcard does not open Contacts.

Instead it displays the vcard code contents. But photos open fine.

What's the deal?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    Has anyone else had their Pre report the 1.2.1 update available (and take "15 minutes" to install it) after already updating to 1.2.1?
    Yes, happening to me right now. I clearly have 1.2.1 installed and yet the device keeps warning me that it's about to install it again. I just installed about 20 patches, after removing them this morning before updating to 1.2.1. So I'd really like to know what's going on. Should I remove them again and let it do its thing? I've delayed it probably 3 times now.
    This happened to me with 1.2. The next day after the first install...it wanted to do it again.

And there's no way to say NO. Unless you want to stay up all nite.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast