Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by louspirito View Post
    I also could not update or remove patches. I ran EPR to remove all of them.

I cannot re-install any patches now . . . all attempts result in a ipkg log error. Seems none of the patches are compatible with 1.4 according to the feed I'm getting on my Pre.

*** EDIT—UPDATED ***

I realized I had my Preware feeds set to update only once a day. After updating the feeds, all 1.4 compatible patches appeared. So, if you're having similar issues, be sure to update your feeds.

Cheers.
    I've been trying to update my feeds and all of them come through except for WebOS Patches. As a result I'm unable to update any of them at this time.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?
    Does anyone know what themes/ patches work with the new update.
    Kinda upset that all ofmy themes and patches are gone after i updated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dealio View Post
    Does anyone know what themes/ patches work with the new update.
    Kinda upset that all ofmy themes and patches are gone after i updated it.
    From another thread which will help some here:

Check out the WebOS-Internals WebOS-Patches Web Portal! I have all the patches currently ported to 1.4.0 listed there. Here is a link to browse the 1.4.0 list.

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

I will use this thread as a place to keep track of when I add more to the 1.4.0 list. Check back here, or follow me on twitter @dBsooner.

At this time there are 181 compatible 1.4.0 patches.

There have been some patches made obsolete by the 1.4.0 update. The ones I know of at this time are:

Screen Lock: Enable LED Notifications (Palm Enabled this in 1.4.0)
    Misc: No Network Timezone Error (Palm rewrote this code in 1.4.0, fixes error)
    Phone: Call Duration in Call Log (Palm changed the call log, Duration should be on by default)
    Phone: Enable GPS Dial Action on GSM (First Patch to be included by palm!)

-Daniel
    < - - - - Errors here, too. Can't update anything.
    My advice: Be Patient - try again later, turn on DEV Mode if you forgot-like me, Restart Luna, or Java, or Shut Down/Restart after every change or when you hit problems. That has been working for me.

My experience so far:

I don't know anything more than anyone else, but it seems to me that the servers are probably way overloaded right now and will be for several days. If you can wait to fix things in a few days, or just try again later, it might resolve and you won't have to take any drastic actions.

For me: Preware didn't update anything, and Filecoaster is dead. I couldn't connect WOSQI but I finally remembered to turn on Dev Mode. AU didn't work on my patches. It stalled on the update screen. I was trying to do it at 3:30 am pst. Busy servers maybe? IDK

I removed my patches (I never installed any themes) and then reinstalled them. They all installed the 1.4 version or a space holder. Email in Landscape isn't updated, and I no longer have a percentage by my battery icon, but they will come soon I know.

I just ran PreWare again (3:20 PM PST) and it updated Package Manager - that was new. That might unclog some pipes.

JSTop is not running correctly but I can't remove it, or even start up WOSQI right now, as the servers are busy.

Keep restarting Luna after every change, restart Java if that doesn't work, then try a shut down/restart. When I've hit problems they have been resolving after restarts.

I'm going to be patient and not worry about it right now. For those who have drastic problems that are rendering your phone unusable. I'm sorry and understand you have a right to panic now. But if you just can't get a patch to work or update, try and give it a little time for the servers to catch up and the developers to make fixes (they work for FREE, and in their FREE time remember).

Thanks to Jason and all the great developers who made the Pre a MUCH better phone.
    Oh, fully agreed. I'm not upset, I expect there to be bumps in the road here.

Many thanks to anyone who is working hard on this stuff.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispahl View Post

There have been some patches made obsolete by the 1.4.0 update. The ones I know of at this time are:

Phone: Call Duration in Call Log (Palm changed the call log, Duration should be on by default)
    Looks like call duration is not working on Sprint phones.
    I hope someone will port this to 1.4? Match State to Area Code would be nice too.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    OK.

Preware just updated feeds and is moving much quicker than it was earlier - and I was finally able to get Music Remix's update to stick after IPKG errors...

I suspect it's all slammed-server-related issues that most of us are having...
    And now to reinstall all the Patches I removed with EPR.

Looks like we should be good to go if your Preware is up to date.
    ORRRRR... servers are still pretty busy, ha ha ha.

Still tons of fun to play with this phone. And the new video recording is even better than I expected. Very user friendly, extremely good quality!!!
    I am havnig major issues, my phone will not even allow preware to fully update! it completely slows it down to the point where my pre is unresponsive! what can i do? someone please help me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I don't know anything more than anyone else, but it seems to me that the servers are probably way overloaded right now and will be for several days. If you can wait to fix things in a few days, or just try again later, it might resolve and you won't have to take any drastic actions.
    The servers were overloaded for about 4 to 6 hours, during which time we brought a second server online to handle the extra load. See Twitpic / webosinternals for pictures.

You should follow @webosinternals on twitter for status updates.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is anyone going to fix the MOD-Multi Patch Issues
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just used emergency patch recovery to remove my patches before i download 1.4. When my phone restarts it is stuck on the palm logo and it is not flashing so i don't think its booting. I took out the battery and put it back in but theres not much else I can do. Anyone know what I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    I just used emergency patch recovery to remove my patches before i download 1.4. When my phone restarts it is stuck on the palm logo and it is not flashing so i don't think its booting. I took out the battery and put it back in but theres not much else I can do. Anyone know what I can do?
    Try WebOS Doctor
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Oh yeah it will wipe your phone clean
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    nevermind its working now lol.
    Hey, thanks for everything guys. I finally got Preware to load, but not most of my patches. Everything that wants to run a script says "IPKG error" and fails. People have suggested restarting java or luna, (and some of the error messages mention luna) but I have no clue how to do that. I tried restarting the Pre, which didn't seem to make a difference.

Do I need to use developer mode?
    Is there some manual way to just restart some services (like luna or java) without restarting the whole gadget?

Oddly, a few of my patches are working despite not having been updated (that I know of). I still have 4 pages of apps, for instance, not the default 3 pages. But I've lost several I use every day, like landscape e-mail, the date at the top of the screen, open clock to alarm, %battery (not updated, I gather). No real problems that I've noticed, just a lack of some patch functionality.
    Well... I updated my Pre to 1.4 last night and all went well except that no patches were working. I read a post to just relax and wait to give WebOS time, etc.

This morning I checked my Pre and nothing. Preware only showed patches with 1.3.5.x versions no matter how many reboots I performed. So then I remembered from Jason's post to install the latest WebOSQuickInstall (ver. 3.02) I ran WOQI and clicked on "tweaks" and the program stated it wanted to update my patches to version 1.4. It went through the process and everything is working (except for the patches that have not been updated yet, but that will come) See screen shot of the update.

Thanks to Jason and all the programmers to make this the best OS for phones out there!! IMHO

Oh yeah, don't forget to put your Pre in Dev mode.

** EDITED ** As a noob I thought it would be a good idea to place some important links for other noobs as sometimes its hard to find in the forums...

WebOS Quick Install 3.02 Click Me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fs65a; 02/28/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a question, and I don't know if it has been answered in here or not, if so I'm sorry. I'm new to this WebOs Quick Install stuff, but I love it. Makes my Pre 100% more fun to use.
    Anyway, do you have to do a Restart Luna after every single patch you install, or can you choose a bunch of patches, install them, and then do the Restart Luna?
    I installed a couple of patches and then performed a Luna Restart without any issues.