Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 522
  1. #321  
    Need help. I tried to install the add date MM/DD patch from preware. I got the too many cards error and never got the screen that asks for the script to hit ok. It got caught in a loop for installing and never stopped. I had to swipe up to close preware. Now it shows the patch is installed in preware but the display is the same. No date next to the time.
    I tried to remove the patch in preware and said error removing: see IPKG log. Sorry i don't know how to show a print screen to show the error log. I tried the emergency patch recovery and still nothing. Its still showing in preware and i cant remove it.
    Any help short of doctoring the phone would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Need help. I tried to install the add date MM/DD patch from preware. I got the too many cards error and never got the screen that asks for the script to hit ok. It got caught in a loop for installing and never stopped. I had to swipe up to close preware. Now it shows the patch is installed in preware but the display is the same. No date next to the time.
    I tried to remove the patch in preware and said error removing: see IPKG log. Sorry i don't know how to show a print screen to show the error log. I tried the emergency patch recovery and still nothing. Its still showing in preware and i cant remove it.
    Any help short of doctoring the phone would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    I had this same exact issue (with a different Patch) a few weeks ago. You can search my prior posts if you want to find it. I don't beleive I ever got a decent response back from any other users or the Preware guys, but I did update my post (or reply to myself) with the fix that worked for me.

    I guess depending on which part of the process the patch install was borked for you, the fix may or may not work.

    What I did was use the latest version of WebOS QI to attempt the removal (under Tools-device management). Device management showed the patch as installed, I checked the box and clicked unintsall (or remove, I can't remember). FYI-- WOSQI also "errors out" on the removal attempt the same way preware does, BUT when I went back into Preware after that, the patch was no longer listed as installed and I was able to install it properly. Not sure why WOSQI was able to accomplish the removal when Preware wouldn't but neither WebOS Internals nor Jason commmented on it...

    My lesson through this was to do a full reset prior to any significant patching efforts to reduce the likelihood of 'too many cards' during patch installs.

    Hope this helps (let me know). I'm sure we're not the only ones this has happened to.
  3. #323  
    thanks a million green. quick install worked perfectly.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    thanks a million green. quick install worked perfectly.
    Great. Not sure where to document this for others with "Too many Cards"-borked patch installs...

    But we now have at least a 2nd confirmation that WOSQI can removed these when Preware cannot.
  5. #325  
    When i try to download any of the patches with my computer it tries to save it as a weird file that my PC will not regognize. It tells me that the file cannot be found and wants to search online or choose from a list. None of these options seem to be working. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
  6. #326  
    Ok, I cant seem to find the right thread, but I am trying to install the newest version for confirm email delete. I am running 1.3.5.1, the patch says its comparable. I tried upgrading through preware and it took the old one off and wont install the new one. DId a scan with the new webOS repair (thanks Jason): nothing. Already doctored the phone for the .1 update. WHat do I do?

    Attached is the message I get. All help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #327  
    anyway to bybass that screen lock every time you press the power button???
  8. #328  
    I'm not able to download 4X4 v.3 for some reason. It keeps giving me an error message. I've tried with both Preware and WebOS Quick Install with no success. Does anyone know what I can do to solve the problem?
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 01/20/2010 at 03:42 PM.
  9. #329  
    run the emergency Patch migration helper. its in webOS QI
  10. #330  
    To reinstall favorite patches after a webOS update is time consuming.

    Is there a way to add a list of favorite patches to preware, for example, and install them all at once?
  11. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #331  
    Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    this is the error i get when trying to install pathes..so far i tried the led notification, and the dialer vibration... im on mac osx snow leopard,,, do i have to root the handset first or something? all i di was follow the exact guide.. i had no errors long the way
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    this is the error i get when trying to install pathes..so far i tried the led notification, and the dialer vibration... im on mac osx snow leopard,,, do i have to root the handset first or something? all i di was follow the exact guide.. i had no errors long the way
    Preware will install that dependency automatically.

    -- Rod
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    Error: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff
    this is the error i get when trying to install pathes..so far i tried the led notification, and the dialer vibration... im on mac osx snow leopard,,, do i have to root the handset first or something? all i di was follow the exact guide.. i had no errors long the way
    do you have the phone in developer mode?
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    To reinstall favorite patches after a webOS update is time consuming.

    Is there a way to add a list of favorite patches to preware, for example, and install them all at once?


    Do we need to do this still? Can some1 explain auto update patch technology, and how it will affect us when we update to 1.4?


    A point/link in the right direction to find my answer would suffice.


    Thank you in advance!
  15. #335  
    Search for AUPT threads on this forum.

    -- Rod
  16. #336  
    can somebody PLEASE make a patch to end one call at a time.....when one person is on hold and you click over to other call there is no way to end the first or second call by itself...only option is to end all calls... this is annoying to alot of people.... check this http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=340227850165
  17. #337  
    okay so whatever method I try wosqi or preware, both tell me there are no patches? Any ideas on how to uninstall these? I can doctor again, I am still recovering from all the stuff I lost last time.
    Larry
  18. nodforce's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #338  
    try emergency recunstruction tool in preware under list of everything
  19. #339  
    Thanks nod, sounded good, but still no patches found
    Larry
  20. #340  
    anyone no how to reset palm pre pin #

Posting Permissions