Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Forgive me if this has been requested but I wonder if this is even possible as a patch. My power button at the top of my pre broke and while I'm wrestling with sprint to give me a new one or fix it for free, I wonder if it's possible to program the mostly useless silver ball button to do the same thing. It seems like it would be a useful feature since jammed or broken power buttons seem to be such a common issue. Perhaps when the phone is closed, the silver ball is given this ability and when the phone is open it returns to its default function? Let me know! Thanks!
    Last edited by torpedomagnet; 11/30/2009 at 03:17 PM.
    I can't get the youtube video download patch to work on webOS 1.3.1. It worked fine before the update, but now it won't show the notifications or actually download the video at all... Despite the "more" button having the download option... Help please!!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have slide open to answer a call go to the earpiece instead of spearker?
    Last edited by Ski21; 12/05/2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Is it possible to have slide open to answer a call go to the earpiece instead of spearker?
    The Pre does that already without any patches installed.
    ^lol
    which patch is it to add more launcher pages
    Here's an odd one - I'm on 1.3.1 and every time I try to install a patch i get the IPKG Log error, but apps install properly. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the Package Mgr Service and Preware, and I've rebooted numerous times. I CAN install patches via Quick Install, just not OTA. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhosie View Post
    Here's an odd one - I'm on 1.3.1 and every time I try to install a patch i get the IPKG Log error, but apps install properly. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the Package Mgr Service and Preware, and I've rebooted numerous times. I CAN install patches via Quick Install, just not OTA. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
    Update Feeds

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Great list! There is one from Jason that I love which is not there.

Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html

Hopefully will be on Preware soon...
    I've created a few patches which aren't in the list... (they're in my sig)
    I need the patch to hide the clock on the lockscreen (first page), you know, the big clock...can't seem to find it here...if anyone knows it, please PM me. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Great thread, very useful!
    this will be the 1st app that I install once I get my Pre (waiting for the Pre+ to come out on Vz).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Down loaded Preware but Available Patches list does not show. Please help. Should I delete and reinstall? Again?
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse medina View Post
    Down loaded Preware but Available Patches list does not show. Please help. Should I delete and reinstall? Again?
    Are you seeing these exact screens from the instructions?

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes

Are you following each step?

Did you do the Preware Setup step?

Did you do the webOS update step?

Are you able to install patches using the webOS Quick Install instructions?

Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

- Craig
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    What is the best way to reinstall patches after updating the WebOS version? Can it be batched?
    Sorry for another newbie question ... I desperately miss having an SMS character counter when I'm texting, so I was ready to take the plunge and try installing a patch. However, while I see discussions about the patch and I see a mention of such a patch above, I don't actually see a link to that particular patch anywhere. Am I missing something obvious or is that patch currently unavailable? Thanks.
    so what happen to the led notification light after 135 update guys help !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Only when your device is charging, it would be great to be able to wake it up simply by pressing any button.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The "sign in as invisible" mssg patch is not in the list for 1.3.5