Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    As per earlier post, I don't think the repaired SMS Tone per Contact patch is available on Preware yet.

To uninstall the existing version, if you can't do it via normal Preware "remove" function, I believe your options are to run EPR or try to remove it using WebOS Quick Install. You could then install the updated patch that is reportedly available via WebOS Quick Install.
    any one knows how to install the Messaging scrim white font patch to make the black leather theme messaging app look correctly?

thks
    When I look at the SMS Tone per Contact on Preware, it gives me the option to update. However, I have to delete it first & that's where it won't let me do anything. I'm too chicken to do the ERP. You have to remove your installed theme, too, & for me who is technically challenged, that was hard. (I still don't have the remote desktop app working yet, either.)
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan49 View Post
    When I look at the SMS Tone per Contact on Preware, it gives me the option to update. However, I have to delete it first & that's where it won't let me do anything. I'm too chicken to do the ERP. You have to remove your installed theme, too, & for me who is technically challenged, that was hard. (I still don't have the remote desktop app working yet, either.)
    There's another thread (for SMS Tone per Contact) where the developer says that the patch currently listed on Preware is not actually the correct 1.3.1 version (his bad!). He has already provided the right poeple with the right version, but as of now, I haven't seen any confirmation that it is posted to the feed yet.
    Is anyone working on fixing the "disabling alert during call" patch?
    the sms tone per contact is updated and correct in Preware. disable alert durring call is re-enabled as well. i had a heck of a time last night because some patches werent working, couldnt remove theme with preware or woqi. finally ran epr and then went from there. it may take some patience to get everything back online, but it is possible. just follow all the instructions from the experts here. they are awesome
    also, when you get the sms tone patch back again, you dont have to redo all the settings in your contacts. they were still there for me. i was pleasantly surprised. saved me alot of work
    Sorry if this was answered somewhere else (I read though so many forums and tough to find all answers). Is there a downside to installing tweaks through webos qi versus preware?

Thought I read something that said a tweak added via webos would have to be deleted first before adding it through preware. Can someone clarify this for me
    Thanks for everyone's help!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    Patch Suggestion::

I would like to see a patch that adds a "Charging Screen Lock" option.

Since the 1.3.1 update the screen turns off and phone locks in accordance to the screen lock settings. Well, I like my screen turning off if its not being charged and in my pocket. But if its on the touchstone at work, the option to have the screen stay on is needed. I would like the power button to be used to turn off the screen / lock screen like before.
    Yeah, this is killing me (and some other people too in this thread). It should definitely be provided to us as an option. I have my touchstone mounted in the car and use it for music - so nice to just swipe to change songs, don't even need to take my eyes off the road.

I started to look into making a patch for this, but haven't found the relevant code yet. I have an idea I might try later this weekend or next week if I don't see a patch first.

EDIT: Jason made a similar patch based on what I started on
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2070520
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-charging.html
    Last edited by sakasune; 12/01/2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: new links
    I've seen bits of discussion around this issue elsewhere, but haven't found any definitive answers. I can't get the Audio/Video Attachments patch to work. I try to send an audio file and it says "Device is full. Delete files to clear space." I have >5GB free, so I know that's not the issue.

I read elsewhere that there might be a file size limit of a couple hundred kb or so? Is that confirmed? If so, what a useless patch.
    hi folks, thanks for all the info here, i am a bit stuck on the WebOS, some patches install plenty fine (battery %age fro instance) but others, when i check the boxes, throws up an error saying that 'Hunks' failed (before it even gets to transfer it to the phone. What does all this mean?

ta
    What happened to the default first launcher page???? Am I imagining that patch???? its really helpful to me cuz i have all my speed dials on the first page.....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Gang, I have installed the patch to have the LED notification on 1.3.1 but never tried before in the earlier version. The patch is not working on my pre and running the Windows 7. I have followed all the instructions listed from precentral but no luck.

Any luck for anyone?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icuc View Post
    Gang, I have installed the patch to have the LED notification on 1.3.1 but never tried before in the earlier version. The patch is not working on my pre and running the Windows 7. I have followed all the instructions listed from precentral but no luck.

Any luck for anyone?
    A couple of questions/suggestions:
    1. Did you restart the Pre after installing the patch?
    2. Did you turn on "Blink Notifications" in "Screen & Lock" on the Pre?
    Yes, I did restart the pre but I didn't see any options in Screen & Lock section.. what could be the problem?
    i would like a patch or app. whatever works. something that will allow me to put certain contacts in a group so i can just select the group to send a text to all of them. right now i have to go to all their names one by one and then send the text. is there already a patch or app for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    i would like a patch or app. whatever works. something that will allow me to put certain contacts in a group so i can just select the group to send a text to all of them. right now i have to go to all their names one by one and then send the text. is there already a patch or app for this.
    ME TOO!! You might should start a new thread for this one man so it can be an official request!
    The LED notification doesn't work for missed call in the 1.3.1. I got the same problem.

My is German Pre.

Anybody knows how to solve this?
    Can't use patch for sending audio file in messaging. Every time I try, it puts a triangle ! icon that gives the error, Unable to Send Message, Device is full, delete files to clear space. I've tried different file sizes and types, nothing works. Anyone else seen this?