Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Email in Landscape and Add Priority/Discard Buttons seem to be mutually exclusive: if I install one, then try to install the other, the second one fails in compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I'm guessing that, because both modify the same file, one change is altering the line numbers in the file and causing the other to have problems finding where it needs to modify it. But that's just my guess.

Anybody know more about why these two patches won't work together on 1.3.1?
    Just wanted to say thanks...

I got my Pre last week, and since it's my first smartphone, have been wowed by the email, PIM and web applications. So much so that I didn't notice how some of the obvious phone features were missing (I'm thinking the state name for no ID and LED notifications). Installing these tweaks has made me just love the phone and this community all the more. Huge HUGE thanks for all those working out there on these...
    Can I just uninstall patches that will not work with WebOS 1.3.1? Example - Camera: 10 Second Countdown Timer is listed above not to work with WebOS 1.3.1, but Landscape Messaging still works. It would be nice to leave patches that still will work with WebOS 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    Can I just uninstall patches that will not work with WebOS 1.3.1? Example - Camera: 10 Second Countdown Timer is listed above not to work with WebOS 1.3.1, but Landscape Messaging still works. It would be nice to leave patches that still will work with WebOS 1.3.1
    In short..... Nope. You have to remove all of them. If "just trust WebOS Internals" doesn't work for you then....

Reason follows:

• Patches shown as working with 1.3.1 have usually been 'fixed' to ensure that compatibility. I'm sure most did not work as-is from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1
    • Even if a particular 1.2.1 patch would happen to work with the stock 1.3.1 system files after 1.3.1 upgrade, it does not necessarily indicate that Palm's 1.3.1 installation process didn't overwrite the patched file (because of changes not impacting the patched file outside of the 1.2.1 patched lines of code.) In this case, Preware would show the patch as still installed (because you never uninstalled it), but the actual patch would have been overwritten as part of the upgrade... leaving you in a world of hurt and asking for help from the same people who told you exactly the process to follow in the first place.
    I have fixed the Email: Swap Reply2All with Move patch. I forgot to add a comma. It's working now. Updated 1.5 hours ago. Version is 1.3.1-11.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Email in Landscape and Add Priority/Discard Buttons seem to be mutually exclusive: if I install one, then try to install the other, the second one fails in compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I'm guessing that, because both modify the same file, one change is altering the line numbers in the file and causing the other to have problems finding where it needs to modify it. But that's just my guess.

Anybody know more about why these two patches won't work together on 1.3.1?
    I'll look into your realization later this evening. If it's the case of those two being incompatible with each other, i should be able to fix them. I'll let you know when I get to it this evening.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I tried two patches that are listed as working in 1.3.1 and neither would install. I got the same "ipkg log" error as everyone else. The patches are

enable led notification
    battery icon and percent

Does this mean the list is not correct?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    I tried two patches that are listed as working in 1.3.1 and neither would install. I got the same "ipkg log" error as everyone else. The patches are

enable led notification
    battery icon and percent

Does this mean the list is not correct?
    LED notification works fine for me. How are you attempting to install the patches? Preware or WebOS Quick Install?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My bad. Apparently my feeds did not update. They are supposed to update once a day and did not. I did them manual and now patches are installing.

oops
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    My bad. Apparently my feeds did not update. They are supposed to update once a day and did not. I did them manual and now patches are installing.

oops
    I am not pointing you out, but pointing out the underlying issue in general.

PLEASE make sure you have tried to "Update Feeds" in Preware manually before saying stuff doesn't work. I commit changes all the time, so once a day may not be enough. I would update feeds on each launch TBH. It doesn't take THAT long to do it. REgardless, manually update to ensure you have the latest patch repo info.

On a second note, the error you all are getting is just about the only error you will see when installing patches. The unreversed part is NOT the error.. look more closely at the log. (Hint: red does NOT equal error and green does NOT equal good.. Those can be misleading. Also, the ERROR may not be in the ERROR section.)
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    I have fixed the Email: Swap Reply2All with Move patch. I forgot to add a comma. It's working now. Updated 1.5 hours ago. Version is 1.3.1-11.
    I'm having the problem of not being able to open emails. I ran EPR when another member was pretty sure that this patch was the cause. My problem is that EPR apparently did not remove the patch properly, so I can't install the updated patch and hopefully fix my problem. Attached is the error I get. Is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to wait for webOS doctor to be updated to 1.3.1 and Jason's Repair Utility?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    I'll look into your realization later this evening. If it's the case of those two being incompatible with each other, i should be able to fix them. I'll let you know when I get to it this evening.
    DITTO^^^^^no its not working it messed up my phone and it wont recover now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    DITTO^^^^^no its not working it messed up my phone and it wont recover now
    Please detail the exact set of steps, starting with a freshly doctored phone, and using no other installation tool other than Preware, and installing nothing other than Patches in Preware, that causes your phone to get into a state where the Emergency Patch Recovery tool will not recover it back to the same pristine state.

Please test that exact set of steps twice on a freshly doctored phone before posting the list.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please detail the exact set of steps, starting with a freshly doctored phone, and using no other installation tool other than Preware, and installing nothing other than Patches in Preware, that causes your phone to get into a state where the Emergency Patch Recovery tool will not recover it back to the same pristine state.

Please test that exact set of steps twice on a freshly doctored phone before posting the list.

-- Rod
    first of all i would rather not doctor my phone if at all possible , second the swap reply2allformove patch jacked my email accounts so that i can not open any emails and i would like it fixed yes but not by doctoring my phone . i lost ove 200 contacts because the stupid cloud does not work like they say it does and im not losing all my contacts again. all i did was update phone and install the patches . ive used epr twice and it does not pick up the patch that would not install correctly or uninstall correctly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    first of all i would rather not doctor my phone if at all possible , second the swap reply2allformove patch jacked my email accounts so that i can not open any emails and i would like it fixed yes but not by doctoring my phone . i lost ove 200 contacts because the stupid cloud does not work like they say it does and im not losing all my contacts again. all i did was update phone and install the patches . ive used epr twice and it does not pick up the patch that would not install correctly or uninstall correctly .
    If you're not able to provide a clean reproducible failure case like I requested, without influence from any other uncontrollable factors from other tools and other actions you have taken which we cannot account for or predict, then it's going to be difficult for a developer to reproduce your problem and fix it (if indeed it is a problem with the tool or the patches).

It may sound harsh, but that's the plain facts of the situation.

You may also want to bring some sophistication into your terminology where you distinguish between each individual patch that you choose to install (each of which has their own author and maintainer), and the tool which is used to install those patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am not sure which patch it was, but one of the battery patches/application caused my pre to stop charging with the touchstone. I applied the emergency patch removal, and everything went back to normal again. I really liked the percent indicator and the battery monitor and would like to keep them when they are ok to reinstall. Anyone else have any problems with the touchstone and patches?
    RX
    where did the SMS patch go that let you pick a ringtone for each contact. the TXT manager homebrew app does not work as well as the patch did. with the homebrew app it plays both the default ringtone as well as the contact selected ringtone simultaneously. anyway when did the SMS patch disappear?
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    where did the SMS patch go that let you pick a ringtone for each contact. the TXT manager homebrew app does not work as well as the patch did. with the homebrew app it plays both the default ringtone as well as the contact selected ringtone simultaneously. anyway when did the SMS patch disappear?
    I believe as of now, that patch is not yet compatible with 1.3. I have noticed that incompatible patches do not show up in Preware...
    RX
    Quote Originally Posted by Meneme View Post
    I am not sure which patch it was, but one of the battery patches/application caused my pre to stop charging with the touchstone. I applied the emergency patch removal, and everything went back to normal again. I really liked the percent indicator and the battery monitor and would like to keep them when they are ok to reinstall. Anyone else have any problems with the touchstone and patches?
    Did you install the "updated" MyTether? It apparently broke charging, but I think he has fixed that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Did you install the "updated" MyTether? It apparently broke charging, but I think he has fixed that now.
    I still have the old MyTether. And now my touchstone is not charging my phone at all, it keeps going in and out of charge!!!! But when I physically use the micro usb, it charges just fine. And all this started after I installed a bunch of patches yesterday!!! But I have used the emergency patch removal, so I dont know what else to do. It was working last evening so I am suspecting that its a software issue. Panic, I really liked the touchstone
    Any suggestions anyone?
    RX