Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    As I posted to in the WebOS-Patches 1.3.1 Compatibility thread, I have updated the webOS-Patches feed to now contain 104 1.3.1 patches. Check the list at:

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Oh.. I have also posted a "How to Update your webOS" for when you have patches/themes installed. Check out: Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals

Later!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    make a patch that lets you choose whats apps are on the taskbar (including the app launcher icon (the last on the right)....we dont really need that icon. i would love to put something else there. you can just swipe up on gesture area to bring uo app launcher, so the icon is useless.....does anyone get me? pardon my english
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    can't get pinbypass to reinstall after update. says ipkg failed. help it is my favorite tweak

Ipkg log says:

Failed:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during post-install script execution
    try to update feeds in preware.. i had the same problem.. having feeds set to update once daily they need to update after the 1.3.1 update..
    Is there a list of patches not working with 1.3.1? I'm having a problem with the following patches, with same error saying to see ipkg log:

enable landscape email
    open to call log

Is there a special order they have to be added? or don't work with other patches?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Whoops!!! I installed WebOS 1.3.1 before removing patches. Now I cannot remove them (error message) and cannot renistall. Advice besides reinstalling entire Web OS?
    Same problem here. Let me know if you get an answer. Beasley1951@aol.com

Thanks
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    hi - i completed my WebOS 1.3.1 upgrade last night and have installed my favorite patches.

In the first post of this thread it indicates "NO • Close on Hangup - close the phone app whenever you end a call. (10/26/09)"

However, this patch IS working for me
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    hi - i completed my WebOS 1.3.1 upgrade last night and have installed my favorite patches.

In the first post of this thread it indicates "NO Close on Hangup - close the phone app whenever you end a call. (10/26/09)"

It shows up in the patches section, but gives me an error every time I try to instal it saying the file has already been altered or something.
    I'm trying to do the open to call log but keep getting following message:

Postinst
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com
    reversed (or previously applied) patch
    Apply anyway? (n)
    skipping patch
    2 of 2 hunks ignored --saving reje
    removing package org.webosinternals

I've done this after emergency patch recovery and as the first patch, but same message. I though EPR should get rid of any old patch history.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Is there a list of patches not working with 1.3.1?
    It is the opening post of this thread.

- Craig
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley1951 View Post
    Whoops!!! I installed WebOS 1.3.1 before removing patches. Now I cannot remove them (error message) and cannot renistall. Advice besides reinstalling entire Web OS?
    See the opening post of this thread:

- Stuck Patches - If you have a patch or theme that just won't uninstall, you can always use the WebOS Repair Utility. Click Option → Override Compatibility. Or you can use Preware. You can also restore factory settings by using the WebOS Doctor to remove all personal data.
    Also see the http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html.

- Craig
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post

In the first post of this thread it indicates "NO Close on Hangup - close the phone app whenever you end a call. (10/26/09)"

At 11:30 last night 12 more patches were updated to 1.3.1. The opening post was updated this morning.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    It shows up in the patches section, but gives me an error every time I try to instal it saying the file has already been altered or something.
    I had that happen too on a few, turns out i was trying to install them twice. After I did the luna restart, they were all there working fine.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    this is the one that i will be waiting for the most ...

"NO SMS Tone per Contact - lets you set a default alert, notification, and message alert tone in Sounds and Alerts and set individual tones for each contact."

BEST TWEAK EVER!
    Pin reset 1.3.1

Ditto for me- can't get this one to run

Line 4 and line 19 had an error
    I got all of my patches after using emergency patch removal, then removing each one and reinstalling them. Email Landscape keeps giving me an error message and will not let me remove it or update. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
    I got all of my patches after using emergency patch removal, then removing each one and reinstalling them. Email Landscape keeps giving me an error message and will not let me remove it or update. Any ideas?
    Me too. I did EPR & a WebOS Repair Utility scan (override checked)...before the update. I got all the patches (that dont have the "NO" in the OP) I wanted to work except Email Landscape. I keep getting an error. IPKG Log

"HUNK #1 FAILED at 38.
    1 out of 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.email-enable-landscape-email from root..."

Not sure what that means...hope someone does?

I guess I can still use the RocknRollHax trick until someone can help us figure this out. Thank you in advance for any help/thoughts
    I removed all my patches and hb apps via preware on my pre. Did the update and reinstalled my patches and apps via preware on my pre. Only patches I miss and couldn't dowmload was the heptic vibrate for dialpad and the virtual keyboard. Plleeeaase come up with a fix for the virtual keyboard. I have big hands and the people I'm trying to convince to buy a pre have big hands and its a deal breaker for them so they won't buy it. The virtual keyboard had em 2nd guessing. But, thanks again to this site. I love it. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Me too. I did EPR & a WebOS Repair Utility scan (override checked)...before the update. I got all the patches (that dont have the "NO" in the OP) I wanted to work except Email Landscape. I keep getting an error. IPKG Log

"HUNK #1 FAILED at 38.
    1 out of 1 FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.email-enable-landscape-email from root..."

Not sure what that means...hope someone does?

I guess I can still use the RocknRollHax trick until someone can help us figure this out. Thank you in advance for any help/thoughts
    +1

Unlike posts I've read in other threads, I'm not angry/upset/frustrated. I'm thrilled to have patches and apps that are created for free. And I even donate. So I'm willing to wait to see if there are any new insights before resorting to WebOS Doctor. Thanks again to all the homebrew folks for the amazing work they do!