1.    #1  
    Is there a patch available to do video swipe deletes instead of having to connect the pre into the computer? it would definitely be a great time saver

[Moderator Edit] Yes! See post number 3. It is available through WebOS Quick Install and Preware. For how to install patches see:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/10/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    I haven't seen swipe delete for videos, but you could always use the internalz app and delete it from there without hooking to your computer.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Attached is a patch that adds swipe to delete functionality to the Video app, with a yes/no confirmation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/30/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Attached is a patch that adds swipe to delete functionality to the Video app, with a yes/no confirmation.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can you please put this in preware??.....please....please...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    and can you make one like this for the music player??

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Jason you are a GENIUS!!!...God bless you for all your work in making things so easy for us!!.....as soon as i get paid this month, i'll make sure your hard work is rewarded....REALLY REWARDED!!..hope you have a paypal account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Jason you are a GENIUS!!!...God bless you for all your work in making things so easy for us!!.....as soon as i get paid this month, i'll make sure your hard work is rewarded....REALLY REWARDED!!..hope you have a paypal account?
    I have a paypal donate button in my WOSQI thread (post 1) if you wish to donate, though keep in mind you're in no way obligated to

Oh, and Jeffmcc, I've just posted a "swipe to delete music" patch
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/31/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    A video record app would be nice - did I miss something?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

How hard does this man rock?? Thanks!! (I've donated.)
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    I have a paypal link in my WOSQI thread (post 1) if you wish to donate, though keep in mind you're in no way obligated to

Oh, and Jeffmcc, I've just posted a "swipe to delete music" patch
    Jason that was awfully fast!

A patch request that you instantly made, wow you are a god!

Rob <grin>
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I see you got bored Jason? Lol

Nice work! I'll be throwing this on my Pre very soon!! Thanks bro, you really rock!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Jason is the man!! Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    with 1.3.1 and 2.96 I am getting this error when trying to install this patch:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/app/controllers/browser-assistant.jsjsjs

hunk #3 Failed at 85
    Hunk #4 Failed at 91
    2 of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/app/controllers/browser-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/app/controllers/browser-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #3 Failed at 85
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of the line
    Hunk #4 failed at 91
    2 of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher/app/controllers/browser-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

any ideas? I would really like it since I am using precorder now THANKS!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by officer140 View Post
    A video record app would be nice - did I miss something?
    You mean like Precorder?
    will not download from preware
    Yeah guys, I have a problem to that I hope can be answered. So I installed this patch and in the video's screen I can swipe a video away and it asks its yes/no, I select yes but it doesn't erase from the viewer. But when you tap on the video you just tried to delete it will bring it up in landscape mode and come up with error "There was an error playing the file". Any ideas on what I can do to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post

hunk #3 Failed at 85
    Hunk #4 Failed at 91
    Hunk #3 Failed at 85
    Hunk #4 failed at 91

I'm having the same issue. And I am using Precorder as well.
    Sorry, long post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post

hunk #3 Failed at 85
    Hunk #4 Failed at 91
    Hunk #3 Failed at 85
    Hunk #4 failed at 91

I'm having the same issue. And I am using Precorder as well.
    Happened to me as well...

Just went checking further into Preware patch packages in index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1/. Found the issue would:

While rev. 6 of the patch is supposed to be (my guess) patch rev. 5 augmented with AUPT technology and SHA1 signing, it looks like patch rev. 6 was updated from the webOS-1.2.1 version of the patch.

Below the patch code of the two failing hunks (extracted from org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-swipe-to-delete-videos_1.3.1-6_all.ipk):
    Code:
    @@ -56,6 +56,8 @@
     	},

activate: function(){
    +		this.handleDelete = this.handleDelete.bindAsEventListener(this);
    +		this.controller.listen('videoslist', Mojo.Event.listDelete, this.handleDelete);
     		Util.markForeground(true);
     	},

@@ -60,6 +60,7 @@
     	},

deactivate: function(){
    +		this.controller.stopListening('videoslist', Mojo.Event.listDelete, this.handleDelete);
     		Util.markForeground(false);
     	},
    and the diff of browser-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $webOS$ $1$.$2$.$1$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$1$:
    Code:
    --- webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.1/resources/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/app/co
    ntrollers/browser-assistant.jsjsjs      $2009$-$09$-$30$ $02$:$48$:$39$.$000000000$ +$0200$
    +++ $webosdoctorp100ewwsprint$-$1$.$3$.$1$/$resources$/$webOS$/$nova$-$cust$-$image$-$castle$.$rootfs$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$videoplayer$/$app$/$co$
    $ntrollers$/$browser$-$assistant$.$js$      $2009$-$10$-$10$ $01$:$23$:$02$.$000000000$ +$0200$
    @@ -$48$,$19$ +$48$,$19$ @@
            },

$_onBlurHandle$: $function$(){
    -               $Util$.$markForeground$($false$);
    +               $Util$.$markForeground$($this$.$controller$, $false$);
            },

$_onFocusHandle$: $function$(){
    -               $Util$.$markForeground$($true$);
    +               $Util$.$markForeground$($this$.$controller$, $true$);
            },

$activate$: $function$(){
    -               $Util$.$markForeground$($true$);
    +               $Util$.$markForeground$($this$.$controller$, $true$);
            },

$deactivate$: $function$(){
    -               $Util$.$markForeground$($false$);
    +               $Util$.$markForeground$($this$.$controller$, $false$);
            },

$showNoVideosDiv$: $function$(){
    the patch issue being in the Util.markForeground() function call in activate and deactivate...

Besides, the patch file's header for org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-swipe-to-delete-videos_1.3.1-6_all.ipk says it all (incorrect version):
    Code:
    Name: Swipe to Delete Videos
    Version: 1.2.1-1
    Author: Jason Robitaille
    Description: Adds the ability to swipe to delete videos
    Anyone (Jason?, Rod?, Eric?) willing to fix this? I know 1.3.1 is way behind, but I'm currently stuck to patch rev. 5 (no AUPT) while patch rev. 6 (AUPT-aware) would help me jump safely to webOS 1.4...
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT