Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    michael.t, its a little late at night, but if you go to #webos-internals on IRC freenode, someone in chat might be able to help you, if not now, tomorrow, and just keep browsing this and other threads to try and get your answer.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I got it thanks for the advice, after more than 2 hours looking i should have asked a while ago...lol
    So I'm having issues with the LED notification patch. I attempted to install it and it gave me an error message. So installed the Emergency Patch Remover to remove everything but it still doesn't remove the LED patch.

If I try to remove it through PreWare, I get the following in the IPKG log:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during 'prerm' operation
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.rej

If I run the recovery, I get:
    Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery
    Installing org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery (1.1.2) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/autopa..._1.1.2_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.emergency-patch recovery
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery.postinst)

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethod Exception: Failure during 'postinst' operation
    NOTE: No patches found!
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery from root...

I've rebooted twice and nothing gives......help please!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    So I'm having issues with the LED notification patch. I attempted to install it and it gave me an error message. So installed the Emergency Patch Remover to remove everything but it still doesn't remove the LED patch.

If I try to remove it through PreWare, I get the following in the IPKG log:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during 'prerm' operation
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.rej

If I run the recovery, I get:
    Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery
    Installing org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery (1.1.2) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/autopa..._1.1.2_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.emergency-patch recovery
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery.postinst)

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethod Exception: Failure during 'postinst' operation
    NOTE: No patches found!
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery from root...

I've rebooted twice and nothing gives......help please!!

What error message did you get when installing it?

Apparently the files aren't patched and it never created the patch in the recovery area so EPR can't remove it.

Remove the ipkg data by doing this at command line:

ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.enable-led-notifications

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Is their a opacity path in preware i'm not seeing it if not does anyone know if someones working on it. Or will I just have to waite for the new quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by ken00007 View Post
    Is their a opacity path in preware i'm not seeing it if not does anyone know if someones working on it. Or will I just have to waite for the new quick install?
    there is not one yet since I can't really get interactive user input to decide what to set the opacity too. I will work on getting some different common opacity patches up like 0, 10, 20, 30, etc... maybe I dunno. Probably wait for QI for that one in the immediate future.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    What error message did you get when installing it?

Apparently the files aren't patched and it never created the patch in the recovery area so EPR can't remove it.

Remove the ipkg data by doing this at command line:

ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.enable-led-notifications
    Thanks E-Money.....that resolved the issue
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    This is probably unrelated, but within the past 30 minutes or so, when I try to launch preware it seems to continually try to update feeds. After a while, I try to close it, and after I do, my phone seems to gradually slow to a crawl and it tells me I am out of memory and I need to close any cards(I don't have any cards open). Any ideas?
    just restart your pre... simple and easy.. should work just fine.. you could be bouncing towers causing lag in the app response.. just goto the info app on and then reset options and tap restart.. \

quick and painless
    I'm not crazy cause my hands are in my pants...... I'm just feeling Nuts!!!
    you have to install the autopatch-feed then restart your phone and it won't be greyed out anymore
    u dont have to restart...u just have to update feeds on preware
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Here's the facts about the history of WebOS Patches (in rough chronological order), to hopefully cool down some of the heat in this thread ...

1) We (WebOS Internals) created a wiki at webos-internals.org and encouraged members of the community to use it to document information they had learnt about the internals of WebOS.

2) Members of the community contributed wiki pages which outlined how to manually change files in WebOS to achieve certain outcomes. Initially, there were some wiki pages which included modified copies of Palm's proprietary webOS source files - this was quickly corrected, since it violated the policy of webos-internals.org to fully comply with all copyright laws.

3) We devised a standard interoperable interchange format for patches to Palm's proprietary copyright files, since redistributing such files in full is a violation of international copyright law. It was pretty easy to do this - we just used the standard Linux patch format, and standardised the way it would be used.

4) We created a patch repository on gitorious.org, and we turned a number of those manual modification instructions into patch files in that patch repository. We also wrote a wiki page which described how to use patches from the repository, and also how to create and upload new patches.

5) We encouraged community members to contribute directly to the patch repository instead of writing manual instructions. A number of developers did so, including Eric Gaudet (emoney_33) with the virtual keyboard.

6) I registered preware.org, and created the vision and design of an open standard interoperable homebrew package ecosystem. We (WebOS Internals) designed and implemented the Package Manager Service and the Preware application. We knew that eventually we would be able to package up all these patches and use Preware to manage them. We released a single patch (the virtual keyboard) to make sure we had covered all the issues involved in the complete lifecycle of patching Palm files.

7) Jason took some of the patches that had been created, and added them to WebOS Quick Install, but did so in a way which did not use the patches as-is, but re-cast them into a format which (in my opinion, and I think Jason agrees) was very labour-intensive to keep up to date. He called them "tweaks". His user interface or applying and removing these "tweaks" was far far superior to the instructions on the wiki page for applying and removing the patches manually, and this was the means by which "tweaks" (or patches) become mainstream for the Pre.

8) Jason and I were in continual discussion about how best to make WebOS Quick Install and Preware interoperable. I had already worked out how to do so for Themes, so Patches was the next logical area to work on. I encouraged Jason to contribute any work he did on updating "tweaks" for 1.2 back to the patch repository.

9) Once we thought we had all the issues worked out, we created an "autopatch" mechanism (which was primarily Eric's work), and started releasing some patches using that mechanism for alpha testing.

10) Meanwhile, WebOS 1.2 was released, I went on holidays for a week or so, and Jason undertook a massive rewrite of WebOS Quick Install.

11) Eric and a number of other people packaged up a good number of patches using the new autopatch system (which runs on the preware.org autobuilder machine), and made them accessible through Preware (note that Preware did not change at all for this to happen - which shows the versatility of Preware's design and implementation).

12) Eric and Jason had discussions, and Jason announced that WebOS Quick Install 2.7 will use the autopatch mechanism going forward.

13) Jason contributed some patches back to the patch repository, and now also has commit rights to be able to maintain any of the patches for which he is the original author directly in the repository.

14) The original vision of an open standard interoperable patch format is eventually realised in both Preware and WebOS Quick Install, as had previously been achieved for open standard interoperable application and theme packages.

-- Rod Whitby
    -- WebOS Internals and Preware Founder.
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/04/2009 at 07:59 AM.
    How does one request a particular patch be added to Autopatch? I would like to use the "Bypassing Lock Screen" patch ( webos-internals.org/wiki/Patch_WebOS_Bypassing_Lock_Screen ) and, while relatively comfortable with editing/replacing files from the shell, would prefer to use the standard patch mechanism for all patches I have installed.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    How does one request a particular patch be added to Autopatch? I would like to use the "Bypassing Lock Screen" patch ( webos-internals.org/wiki/Patch_WebOS_Bypassing_Lock_Screen ) and, while relatively comfortable with editing/replacing files from the shell, would prefer to use the standard patch mechanism for all patches I have installed.

Thanks!

First step is to get it in to gitorious modifications repository. We can get patch developers push access to that repository. Once in gitorious, I can add it quickly and easily to the autobuild.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    FINALLY THE PREWARE AUTO PATCH FEED IS AVAILABLE..

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GO INTO PREWARE AND GO TO FEEDS. IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE IN THERE

YOU WONT BE TOLD TO UPDATE YOUR PREWARE SO YOU WONT KNOW ABOUT THIS ADDITION ULESS YOU DO SOME DAILY "SPYING" AROUND LIKE I DO

ALL THE PATCHES I INSTALLED THROUGH THE AUTOPATCH FEED WORKED EXCEPT FOR THE BLINKING NOTIFICATIONS PATCH.

IN ORDER FOR ALL OF YOUR PATCHES TO SHOW UP YOU WILL NEED TO RESTART YOUR PRE OTHERWISE NOTHING WILL SHOW UP INITIALLY.
    I will be trying this in a bit THANKS ... and I dont mind the caps lol .... kinda makes it easier to read.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devilhound1 View Post
    Thanks got it.
    What might cause Feed .... Error Installing[4] ????
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    First step is to get it in to gitorious modifications repository. We can get patch developers push access to that repository. Once in gitorious, I can add it quickly and easily to the autobuild.
    What is the status of this PIN bypass patch in terms of making it available (through Preware, especially)?
    ok... for people like myself that LOVE the phone but isnt very technical... uha.... where do i find this "preware" in which you speak? lol ive been searchin for the past 30 mins...
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    search for webos quick install and follow directions, tthen search preware and follow directions
    Thank You... Thank you!!!!! It works now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenitti2 View Post
    ok... for people like myself that LOVE the phone but isnt very technical... uha.... where do i find this "preware" in which you speak? lol ive been searchin for the past 30 mins...
    First hit on Google ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345