Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Can I leave the boot logo tweak and change dialer pad tweak that was installed using quick install without causing problems, since I will not be moding these files in preware?
    yeah but its at your own risk ,remember that they r working to update webos quick installer right now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    is there a way to delete all the patches at once with preware? for future updates or something.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    is there a way to delete all the patches at once with preware? for future updates or something.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    that would be a YES!!! LOL
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sorry for so many questions, so when they update webos quickinstall there will be two ways to install tweaks and will they work in conjunction or will you have to uninstall preware tweaks in order to use quick install. Do you have to uninstall virtual keyboard before you install tweaks in preware?
    and OTA patching using terminal?
    dbtrade: have to, no.... should, certainly :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ken00007 View Post
    Sorry for so many questions, so when they update webos quickinstall there will be two ways to install tweaks and will they work in conjunction or will you have to uninstall preware tweaks in order to use quick install. Do you have to uninstall virtual keyboard before you install tweaks in preware?
    jason said he was changing his code in web os to match the patches in preware so they would be compatible with each other . but how long that will take i dont know
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i would delete the virtual keyboard folder in your phone then reinstall from preware myself . do you have to well no , but should you, yes. thats just my opinion
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would delete the virtual keyboard folder in your phone then reinstall from preware myself . do you have to well no , but should you, yes. thats just my opinion
    NO. you don't have to and should not. The keyboard has only been released as an ipk for a while. The keyboard will migrate to the autopatch system next week some time, but you won't have to do anything but wait for the word to uninstall/reinstall.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    NO. you don't have to and should not. The keyboard has only been released as an ipk for a while. The keyboard will migrate to the autopatch system next week some time, but you won't have to do anything but wait for the word to uninstall/reinstall.
    hey i already did that and then reinstalled using preware that comes with four different keyboards. its the savest way to go imo , do what you want to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Is anyone with me when i say that this is the best thing that ever happened to the pre. I mean, any average user can just download preware and use it to install any patch till his/her heart content....thanks Jason!!, and all the other developers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey i already did that and then reinstalled using preware that comes with four different keyboards. its the savest way to go imo , do what you want to
    Do you think I might know how the installation process is handled? Virtual keyboard is not and was never a tweak. I changed it from a command line quilt patch installation process to the first patch package a long time ago. Which installer you use to install shouldn't make a difference, and if it is already installed it wont change anything to uninstall and reinstall another way.

There is no need to uninstall the keyboard at this time but the one thing to note is that the smiley-face patch must be installed AFTER the keyboard is installed and removed BEFORE the keyboard is removed. This is only the case because the keyboard is still doing pristine md5sum checking and won't be migrated to the autopatch feed until next week at the earliest.

-Eric G

Donate
    Nice find. This is awesome!

preware_2009-02-10_211739.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Is anyone with me when i say that this is the best thing that ever happened to the pre. I mean, any average user can just download preware and use it to install any patch till his/her heart content....thanks Jason!!, and all the other developers!!

while Jason does awesome work for the community and there are a ton of reasons to thank him, he doesn't have anything to do with Preware or Autopatch.

-Eric G

Donate
    When you install your patches using preware do you have to restart your pre or can you install all your patches and then restart your pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    while Jason does awesome work for the community and there are a ton of reasons to thank him, he doesn't have anything to do with Preware or Autopatch.
    tell that to JASON because he is the one that said his patches are not compatible with the patches in autopatch and that he was changing his to be compatible so you go talk with him about that ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    When you install your patches using preware do you have to restart your pre or can you install all your patches and then restart your pre?
    i would do just a few at a time if i was you . do a couple then test to see if they are working ,you know!?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Any idea when a messaging landscape will be available and functional for 1.2? Maybe I missed it, but I thought there was an issue with 1.2 preventing it...IDK but WOOT! for easy patch installs!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast