Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    patches and tweaks are the same thing.
    So I assume then that the patches need to be undone before when the next upgrade comes out?

If I try a patch and decide I don't like it, how do I undo it?
    THNX
    Is the Add New Card per Conversation patch working for anybody? I see it was updated on the 28th, but it isn't on the op's list.
    ok, So I installed the patch from the autoatch to add the avatar and it installed the patch. But when I went to transfer my image could not find the My avatar.png file. Does anyone know where the avatar patch puts this in 1.2 and is it called something different?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    ok, So I installed the patch from the autoatch to add the avatar and it installed the patch. But when I went to transfer my image could not find the My avatar.png file. Does anyone know where the avatar patch puts this in 1.2 and is it called something different?
    I did the same thing. How do you get your avatar to show? All I see is a blank box...

I was reading another thread and I guess you need to do some rooting? Is that right? I thought if you used the patch from Preware you don't need to do any rooting... help please..!
    Last edited by TreoRock; 10/02/2009 at 09:42 AM.
    [*]Clock
    Hidden Clock (Updated 9/27)

What does this do?
    hmm is it only me of new card per convo breaks notifications?
    I dont get an alert on received txt

nevermind i did not set up an text message sound
    Last edited by en0x; 10/02/2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    So I assume then that the patches need to be undone before when the next upgrade comes out?
    There is not a ton to worry about but it's impossible to predict what packages Palm will change (read: overwrite) in a future update. I have supplied a script wrapped in a self-removing ipk named Emergency Patch Recovery. You can run this before or directly after updating to remove all the patches installed as ipk via autopatch system.

If I try a patch and decide I don't like it, how do I undo it?
    THNX
    Uninstall it. (Installed Packages in Preware).

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Put your avatar here:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/my-avatar.png

There are various ways to accomplish this, the easiest is to use Quick Install's send file feature.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpher View Post
    So my buddy Bthor, from the forums here, and i stumbled upon this, mostly him, but I pretend i helped more than i did.

DL the attached "tweaked" files (within the zip) and open up your trusty quickinstall, but not version 2.6, seeing as it fails with 1.2

within quickinstall Tools>>send file

send

'launcher-assistant.jsjsjs'
    -to-
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/

and

'Launcher.css'
    -to-
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/

and vuala do a power cycle and it is completed...

I don't know if this was already figured out, but i couldn't find it anywhere so here we go, we give back to the community which gave us so much
    Thank you for sharing.. But please delete this attachment. Per Palm's Copyright, we are not allowed to distribute any of their files. The two files inside your zip file are full css/jsjsjs $files$ $that$ $have$ &$quot$;$COPYRIGHT$ $PALM$ $2009$&$quot$; $right$ $at$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $them$. $This$ $is$ $a$ $violation$.

Thank you for the info though!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  9.    #169  
    To Everyone who has posted "THESE ARE WORKING FOR ME" posts: I have saved these to a spreadsheet and will be modifying the OP this evening.

I plan on going through our webos-internals patch feed and making sure each patch is 1.2 compatible along with proper descriptions. I should have it all completed by the end of the night tonight.

Because our fearless leader of webos-inernals is still on vacation, *growl*, we are not able to whipe our ipkg feed clean to remove any old packages. Once we get our patch repo cleaned up, we will push all of them over to the ipkg (autopatch) feed, overwriting/removing/renaming/etc anything that is currently there.

With that being said, if you all of a sudden get information about a patch needing to be udpated, just do as it says and "remove/add" it. I am actually thinking of forcing everyone to run the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) ipkg after we get the feed up and running with all 1.2 compat patches. Why, you ask? Because some patches will probably end up being renamed. This would cause issues with Preware thinking it 'wasn't installed'. So making all patches go away on the pre is one idea. The other I have is to have the old name be just an "upgraded" patch that will really just remove itself and tell you where to find the "new name" at. This second idea is probably going to be the route we go with. It will be up to those of us at webos-internals that have the power to make those decisions. We'll keep you posted.

Thank you all for your feedback and expect to see the autopatch feed reach beta status late tonight or tomorrow sometime.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    what's the state patch and how do I install an avatar image?

lol
    Sooner,
    Can the ipkg files be modified to trigger a LUNA reset, in the same way that themes installed via preware from the prethemer feed do?
    It's irritating having to do a full system manual power down and manual power on after installing patches.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    Sooner,
    Can the ipkg files be modified to trigger a LUNA reset, in the same way that themes installed via preware from the prethemer feed do?
    It's irritating having to do a full system manual power down and manual power on after installing patches.
    Thanks,
    Jason

It would be more irritating to wait for a luna reset after each patch when you wanted to go in and install 20 patches.

Autopatch is in alpha testing, once Preware gives the user an option to ignore Luna restarts I will put that functionality into the ipk metadata.

Also there is a Luna Manager app to do a luna restart, you do not need to do a manual power down.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    [*]Clock
    Hidden Clock (Updated 9/27)

What does this do?
    Can someone plz tell me what this is. I loaded the patch and rebooted the phone but I don't see anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    Sooner,
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Off-topic:

- I am not a developer however, I've been told all the patches will eventually have a luna restart. Currently they don't for testing purposes....

- However you can download the app: 'Luna Manager' to do a Luna reset via the phone

Can someone plz tell me what this is. I loaded the patch and rebooted the phone but I don't see anything.
    Go to the clock app... preferences then change the theme there are now 3 options.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    The code looks like it is commented out in the pre and post inst scripts for Luna restart. I assume they will enable this upon official release.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Here are all the patches that I have installed that seem to work with 1.2...

org.webosinternals.autopatch-feed - 1.0.0 - autopatch-feed
    org.webosinternals.diffstat - 1.45 - Diffstat
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice - 0.9.4 - Package Manager Service
    org.webosinternals.lunamanager - 0.0.2 - Luna Manager
    org.webosinternals.patch - 2.5.9-3 - GNU Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar-no-year - 0.2.4 - Add Date to Top Bar without year
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher - 0.2.1 - Add/Delete Pages in App Launcher
    org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments - 0.3.2 - Messaging Attachments
    org.webosinternals.patches.battery-percent-and-icon - 0.3.1 - Battery Percent and Icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.call-duration - 0.3.1 - Call Duration in Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.clean-timestamp - 0.2.1 - Clean Messaging Timestamp
    org.webosinternals.patches.compose-email - 0.3.3 - Messaging Compose Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.contact-multitone - 0.2.7 - contact multitone patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacttone - 0.2.1 - contact tone patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads - 0.3.1 - Browser Multi-patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-dialpad-vibration - 0.2.6 - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-landscape-email - 0.2.1 - Enable Landscape Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-led-notifications - 0.2.4 - Enables LED Notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.full-im-status - 0.3.2 - Full IM Status
    org.webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding - 0.3.2 - Message Forwarding
    org.webosinternals.patches.message-tone-sounds-and-alerts - 0.2.1 - message tone sounds and alerts patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.min-brightness - 0.3.1 - Reduce Minimum Brightness
    org.webosinternals.patches.msg-avatar - 0.3.1 - Allow Avatar in Messaging
    org.webosinternals.patches.radiopower - 0.2.1 - phone radio power patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.roam-control - 0.1.19 - Roam Control Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.state - 0.2.1 - state patch
    org.webosinternals.preware - 0.9.1 - Preware
    org.webosinternals.terminal - 0.2.2 - Terminal
    org.webosinternals.termplugin - 0.2.2 - Terminal Service Plugin
    org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard - 0.4.2 - Virtual Keyboard
    I would really rather use the Luna Manager app to restart Luna when I want to see changes become effective.

fritos, tried attaching small (ringtone) mp3 in SMS and it says device is full. Is that what this patch is for? or am I using it incorrectly. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Here are all the patches that I have installed that seem to work with 1.2...

org.webosinternals.autopatch-feed - 1.0.0 - autopatch-feed
    org.webosinternals.diffstat - 1.45 - Diffstat
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice - 0.9.4 - Package Manager Service
    org.webosinternals.lunamanager - 0.0.2 - Luna Manager
    org.webosinternals.patch - 2.5.9-3 - GNU Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-date-to-top-bar-no-year - 0.2.4 - Add Date to Top Bar without year
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher - 0.2.1 - Add/Delete Pages in App Launcher
    org.webosinternals.patches.all-attachments - 0.3.2 - Messaging Attachments
    org.webosinternals.patches.battery-percent-and-icon - 0.3.1 - Battery Percent and Icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.call-duration - 0.3.1 - Call Duration in Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.clean-timestamp - 0.2.1 - Clean Messaging Timestamp
    org.webosinternals.patches.compose-email - 0.3.3 - Messaging Compose Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-browser-downloads - 0.3.1 - Browser Multi-patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-dialpad-vibration - 0.2.6 - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-landscape-email - 0.2.1 - Enable Landscape Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.enable-led-notifications - 0.2.4 - Enables LED Notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.full-im-status - 0.3.2 - Full IM Status
    org.webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding - 0.3.2 - Message Forwarding
    org.webosinternals.patches.message-tone-sounds-and-alerts - 0.2.1 - message tone sounds and alerts patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.min-brightness - 0.3.1 - Reduce Minimum Brightness
    org.webosinternals.patches.msg-avatar - 0.3.1 - Allow Avatar in Messaging
    org.webosinternals.patches.radiopower - 0.2.1 - phone radio power patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.roam-control - 0.1.19 - Roam Control Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.state - 0.2.1 - state patch
    org.webosinternals.preware - 0.9.1 - Preware
    org.webosinternals.terminal - 0.2.2 - Terminal
    org.webosinternals.termplugin - 0.2.2 - Terminal Service Plugin
    org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard - 0.4.2 - Virtual Keyboard
    where can i get the codes for these patches or the ipk files for them?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    You need to install "package manager service" then "Preware" via WOQI version is not 2.6 ....You can not yet install the tweaks VIA WOQI v2.6. Long story short, I would suggest you read the "Preware" sticky before proceeding.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Message forwarding only forwards outgoing texts...Incoming texts pops up the option but does nothing....I have all my patches posted above...Some my patches conflict. I recall there being a a conflict with :

org.webosinternals.patches.message-tone-sounds-and-alerts

in 1.1 ...I think the solution was to install message forwarding first then the rest of the patches for messaging....I am not sure though....

Can someone confirm this?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast