Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    longer stand by times means it gives u more options in the screen and lock app....go to screen and lock and and go to the part where u choose how long till the screen turns off...ull have more options
    lmao, and here i though it was a battery thing, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    lmao, and here i though it was a battery thing, right!
    lol yeah if u say so....

hey emoney...wut exactly is the keytoss...i installed it and it shows up on top of google and all the search engines...but it just takes me to google....wut exactly does it do?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol yeah if u say so....

hey emoney...wut exactly is the keytoss...i installed it and it shows up on top of google and all the search engines...but it just takes me to google....wut exactly does it do?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ool-patch.html

Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    This patch enhances the Pre's universal search so that you can access over fifty different search tools using keywords.

Examples:

d auspicious
    Look up "auspicious" on dictionary.com.

yt thriller
    Find the Thriller video on YouTube.

af api
    Find the abbreviation "api" on Acronym Finder.

def computer
    Look up "computer" in the English-French dictionary.

i lost
    Search for "Lost" on IMDb.

am logitech speakers
    Search for Logitech speakers on Amazon.com.

w palm
    Look up "palm" on Wikipedia.
    The advantage here is that you can use Wikipedia without tapping the screen.

If there's no keyword, then it'll automatically send the query to Google:
    precentral store
    Search for the PreCentral store on Google.

Enter a keyword without a search term to just go to the site (though you may have to touch the search bar to bypass the local device search):
    th
    Go to thesaurus.com.

There are over fifty search tools to choose from. I'll post the list shortly. And please feel free to make suggestions.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    For terminal app you need to install terminal plugin and terminal from preware.

Are you sure you don't have autopatch feed already installed.

What is listed in your installed packages?

What is listed in "Available Patches"?

And have you tried to Update Feeds???
    I'm positive I don't have autopatch installed...I cannot see any tweaks at all. Nothing is listed in 'Available Patches"...it's grayed out and inaccessible. Yes...I have updated my feeds.

I searched for the "Terminal App" and it was not there either. There's something called "Internalz", but nothing called Terminal or Terminal app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    I'm positive I don't have autopatch installed...I cannot see any tweaks at all. Nothing is listed in 'Available Patches"...it's grayed out and inaccessible. Yes...I have updated my feeds.

I searched for the "Terminal App" and it was not there either. There's something called "Internalz", but nothing called Terminal or Terminal app.

Tap available applications, then on the bottom tap feeds, then tap PreYourMind, then tap All, then tell me what you see

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Tap available applications, then on the bottom tap feeds, then tap PreYourMind, then tap All, then tell me what you see
    This is getting worse by the second...LOL! When I did what you asked, I don't see 'Pre Your Mind'. All I see are the following:

-Canuck Software
    -PimpMyPre
    -PreCentral

That's it. *sheds a tear*
    This is getting worse by the second...LOL! When I did what you asked, I don't see 'Pre Your Mind'. All I see are the following:

-Canuck Software
    -PimpMyPre
    -PreCentral

That's it. *sheds a tear*

No wonder why, you are missing half of the feeds :P

Remove and then re-install the package manager service through QI.

-Eric G

Donate
    No wonder why, you are missing half of the feeds :P

Remove and then re-install the package manager service through QI.
    Oh man...is that it then? Do I need to remove the ipkms via Preware 'cause I'm not sure I know how to remove it from QI.

Thanks for ALL your help!

BTW...does it matter that I have the 2.5 version of QI?

P.S. I wish there was a chat room or something for all this back and forth...lol
    Many thanks to the person that updated the message forwarding app. I couldn't find the exact post to be able to thank that person but simply found forwarding on someones list of confirmed apps.

I just wanted to also give some input on my experience with it so far. It seems text only messages forward fine but a text that has text and a picture with it will only forward the picture and not the text~ from what I've tried so far.

Also- Thank you everyone for your hard work with all of the tweaks and patches. Palm is fortunate that so many people are dedicated to making the Pre function as it should. If it weren't for you, many of us would have no choice other than to return the Pre for something else.

Thank you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by midwesticeman View Post
    Many thanks to the person that updated the message forwarding app. I couldn't find the exact post to be able to thank that person but simply found forwarding on someones list of confirmed apps.

I just wanted to also give some input on my experience with it so far. It seems text only messages forward fine but a text that has text and a picture with it will only forward the picture and not the text~ from what I've tried so far.

Also- Thank you everyone for your hard work with all of the tweaks and patches. Palm is fortunate that so many people are dedicated to making the Pre function as it should. If it weren't for you, many of us would have no choice other than to return the Pre for something else.

Thank you all.
    why ur welcome i feel much better already lol
    Oh man...is that it then? Do I need to remove the ipkms via Preware 'cause I'm not sure I know how to remove it from QI.

Thanks for ALL your help!

BTW...does it matter that I have the 2.5 version of QI?

P.S. I wish there was a chat room or something for all this back and forth...lol
    Preware relies on the package manager service, you cannot uninstall it with preware.

I don't think it matters the version of QI but I always think it's best to have the most current.

We always have #webos-internals on webchat.freenode.net to chat.

-Eric G

Donate
    Tried to remove it from Preware and received an error message "Error Removing [4]"?!?!?
    hey guys sry to bother you but i was installing an patch and well dont think it installed all the way but says i downloaded it but when i try to remove it it wont let me? give me error 4 code? any tips on removing just that one patch so i can re install it? the patch was messageing compose email...please and thanks for any tips or advise =D
    I also just had an issue! I installed alot of the patches restarted and most of them worked, my camera was not functional anymore though. So i downloaded all the patches but 21 of them due to them giving me a error 4 notice.

Restarted the phone and all patches were gone. back to 60+ patch on the patch list again? werid any ideas?
    good job Fritos! i needed message forwarding. i want to thank everyone who has contributed to all these patches and fixes for my pre.
    when I try to install both the message orientation and the obsolete message from the autofeed patch list in preware I get an error 4... I don't see an enable landscape in message like the enable email... All I see are the other two I mentioned.. Any help would be appreciated
    ok downloaded all it will let me again, while the rest have a installer error 4

Error message on these:

battery% in header
    battery percent and icon
    add shutter sound on/off
    clean messaging time stamp
    replies/forwards black font
    swipe delete history in with confirming dialog
    swipe delete history in browser history without dialog
    roam only patch
    obsolete messaging lands...
    amazon store evdo
    messaging sounds patch
    month view as default
    musicplayer patch
    messaging enter newline
    all day events month view
    vibrate only on charging
    add date to top bar

and i hope it doesnt delete all the others i did install on the reset this time!

any ideas?

Vincent
    Last edited by Xtremeview; 10/02/2009 at 02:07 AM.
    how do i get my Avatar in Messaging? I downloaded the patch but what is the next step?
    So my buddy Bthor, from the forums here, and i stumbled upon this, mostly him, but I pretend i helped more than i did.

DL the attached "tweaked" files (within the zip) and open up your trusty quickinstall, but not version 2.6, seeing as it fails with 1.2

within quickinstall Tools>>send file

send

'launcher-assistant.jsjsjs'
    -to-
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/

and

'Launcher.css'
    -to-
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/

and vuala do a power cycle and it is completed...

I don't know if this was already figured out, but i couldn't find it anywhere so here we go, we give back to the community which gave us so much
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I installed the hidden clock patch and it seemed to work. However, has anyone noticed that the hidden analong clock is broken? The second hand does not update. Is this an artifact of the patch or did Palm hide it this time for a reason?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast