Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    can someone post the link to webos quick installs 2.03 please!!!! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    well my phone reset itself once again while using the POS web browser. And the standby time seems to be longer. But if you call 1-2 seconds longer than I am going to remove this patch and wait until there is a way to set a time limit. Thanks and hope you can implement a user set time limit somehow.

The longer standby times patch adds more values to the screen & lock app. The defaults are like 30 seconds up to 3 minutes. It adds 15 seconds, 5 minutes and NEVER. It doesn't change the standby time on you, just adds those options to screen & lock app for you to change it any time you want

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    the battery patch is fixed....thank you
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    the battery patch is fixed....thank you
    Yup.. call duration and battery percent with icon both install fine now. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Now if we can get the message forwarding patch fixed too.. That's the only one throwing an Error 4 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    patches and tweaks are the same thing.
    That's what I thought...thank you.

On a related note, can I install multiple patches at once and then restart Luna, or do I need to restart Luna after each patch?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Jason gave me some 1.2.0 patches from his tweaks list, they are now in gitorious and autopatch feed

battery-percent
    call-duration
    enable-browser-download package patch updated for 1.2
    launcher-icons-4x4-jason
    min-brightness
    msg-avatar
    I tried to install the 4x4 patch (I had the old one which I uninstalled) but I git a Error 4 message. I'm ok with the other version just a heads up.
    The longer standby times patch adds more values to the screen & lock app. The defaults are like 30 seconds up to 3 minutes. It adds 15 seconds, 5 minutes and NEVER. It doesn't change the standby time on you, just adds those options to screen & lock app for you to change it any time you want
    ok I see that, thank you for that. But the description needs to change for this than. Or I am not understanding the purpose of this patch. From what you just said, this patch changes how long the Backlight stays on if left alone. NOT how long the screen stays on when locked/standby when a notification comes in. That is what I was hoping for.

As it stands now, the notification comes in and it goes back to standby before I can even see what type of message it is (sms/email). Why palm made it this way is unacceptable.

Please tell me there is a patch to add more time to the notification alert when locked/standby?
    yeah battery percent and call duration finally work i was getting errors 30 minutes ago
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    That's what I thought...thank you.

On a related note, can I install multiple patches at once and then restart Luna, or do I need to restart Luna after each patch?
    I did them all at once, then did a LunaRestart.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    How do I get a picture on my pre for the messaging avatar patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    When I enabled the Month Calendar default view, it broke the alerts of new meetings. Not sure if it's documented, but the descriptions of the packages in preware are non-existent and vauge at best in this posting.
    thats what this thread is for.

WebOS Quick Install will be updated to use ALL of these patches (if it isn't already), in a very similar way that Preware is going to use it, and I wouldn't doubt it that Jason is going to have that option (uploading the image) very evident to you when it is all finalized.

My advice for most people re: tweaks vs. patches would be to uncheck all your tweaks, and use whatever combination of preware or webos qi that you want to install patches. since they will both be installing identical patch packages. But, you really don't want to mix tweaks and patches.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby3eb View Post
    also, do the apps that you can get on filecoaster work with preware?
    your previous question about themes working in 1.2, yeah they do. some of them work perfectly though so look for ones made in the last few days, if the author doesn't describe them as specifically updated for 1.2. You can see the currently available themes on prethemer.com and in the feed which is in preware, (webos quick install too?).

as far as apps working on filecoaster work on preware question? I'm not sure what you mean, so I'll just say this. Get preware installed and use it to browse, install, remove, applications, themes, and patches. If you're on your desktop look into WebOS Quick Install, which allows you to do the same as preware but from your desktop with the Pre hooked up over USB, and some extra functionality like sending files/pulling files from the phone.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 10/01/2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    +1
    that's what I was trying to figure out but after I rebooted my phone my old one was there, I figure that it got wipe before I updated to WebOS 1.2
    hey guys i need a lil help .. i was trying to install a patch ( messaging sound) tru preware and i have a error 4.. there is something that i dont know?
    Put your picture here I believe:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/my-avatar.png

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hey guys i need a lil help .. i was trying to install a patch ( messaging sound) tru preware and i have a error 4.. there is something that i dont know?
    Not all patches have been ported to 1.2 yet, this thread is to help us gather which ones still need porting and which ones are verified to work on 1.2. Trying to gather all the different patches, creators, maintainers etc... into one place is going to take a lot of help from everyone.

Thanks for all helping to test and give feedback!

-Eric G

Donate
    Not all patches have been ported to 1.2 yet, this thread is to help us gather which ones still need porting and which ones are verified to work on 1.2. Trying to gather all the different patches, creators, maintainers etc... into one place is going to take a lot of help from everyone.

Thanks for all helping to test and give feedback!
    ok thanks man !... by the way awesome work with the vk!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    So far, I've got this working on 1.2:

Add (green) shutter sound
    Add shutter sound
    Add date to Top Bar
    Add/Delete pages in App
    Battery Percent and Icon
    Call duration in Log
    Character Counter
    Enable Landscale Email
    Hidden Clock
    enables LED Notifications (loaded anyway)
    Hide Nascar App
    Hide NFL App
    Messaging in Landscape
    Messaging Timestamps
    Month View as Default
    Roam Control Patch
    Virtual Keyboard
    any way to get JUST the battery % and not the icon?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast