Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 334
  1. #41  
    # Longer Standby Times (Updated 9/30 by egaudet) <- works fine for me

    patches that works fine for me
    # hide music player app
    # contact multitone
    # add date to top bar
    # enable landscape email
    # message tone sounds
    # phone radio power patch
    # state patch
    # contact tone patch
    # builting timestamp messages
    # add/delete pages
    # roam control patch
    # new card per convo
  2. #42  
    What does phone radio patch do?
  3. #43  
    you can disable the phone radio so it wont drain your battery? something similar to airplane mode but you can still use WIFI
  4. #44  
    I would also love if I could get contact information for patch maintainers. I would like to have a known maintainer for each patch. Obviously the patch creators can choose to be the maintainer or not. Let's compile a list of contacts for me as well so that I can get maintainers set up with the information you need for releasing/updating patches through autopatch system. Thanks

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  5. #45  
    i just updated my phone to web os 1.2 but i can't get the landscaping email and messaging to work. what should i do?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    you can disable the phone radio so it wont drain your battery? something similar to airplane mode but you can still use WIFI
    you can still use wifi in airplane mode. it is one more touch of the menu but you can turn it back on while in airplane mode
  7. #47  
    OK, this might be a dumb question but here it goes anyways!!
    What is the difference between "Patches" and "tweaks"? I had been using tweaks on Web OS quick install but it is my understanding that it does not work with 1.2.
    Thanks in advance,
    Deano
  8. bobby3eb's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #48  
    do the themes on this thing work with 1.2.0??
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    If you don't have the battery icon, there is no indication that it is charging when hooked up to the charger.
    I don't know about the Preware patch, but the Quick installs tweak makes the %number change blue when charging.
  10. bobby3eb's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #50  
    also, do the apps that you can get on filecoaster work with preware?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    If you don't have the battery icon, there is no indication that it is charging when hooked up to the charger.
    I agree with your intent in making the above statement (Having more information available to you -- in this case, the fact that you are actually charging, especially when considering alignment issues on the Touchstone).

    But the the battery % patch which was previously included in the WebOS QI tweaks had a dialog box to ask you if you wanted to include the icon+% or just %. If you chose just %, then the % indicator would turn blue if on the charger.... if not, then it was either green, yellow, or red depending on the % level. In my view, this approach gives you the same amount of information with less screen space and a redundant icon.

    To me, it's to each his own.., but I'd go for a % only indicator if it would follow that (or similar) approach... I understand that it can't (or isn't likely to be) a dialog box like in WebOS QI, but an alternative battery tweak as an option to install via Preware would be great.
  12. #52  
    When I enabled the Month Calendar default view, it broke the alerts of new meetings. Not sure if it's documented, but the descriptions of the packages in preware are non-existent and vauge at best in this posting.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    OK, this might be a dumb question but here it goes anyways!!
    What is the difference between "Patches" and "tweaks"? I had been using tweaks on Web OS quick install but it is my understanding that it does not work with 1.2.
    Thanks in advance,
    Deano
    ...I am a little confused by this as well. I have webOS 1.2, and I have been using the 4x4 Tweak through webOS Quick Install 2.03 with no problem.

    Do I need to disable the 4x4 tweak before using the 4x4 or 5x4 patch through Preware?

    Thanks!
  14. #54  
    patches and tweaks are the same thing.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  15. #55  
    Jason gave me some 1.2.0 patches from his tweaks list, they are now in gitorious and autopatch feed

    battery-percent
    call-duration
    enable-browser-download package patch updated for 1.2
    launcher-icons-4x4-jason
    min-brightness
    msg-avatar

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  16. #56  
    had the battery % on and told me there was an update and i removed it and i cant get it back on?
  17. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #57  
    I had the battery percent & icon working in 1.2. I saw an update tonight to v3.0 and when I removed the other one and tried to load this one up, I get error 4 now. Now I can't get it back on along with message forwarding and a few others. I tired the emergency patch removal and still no luck.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    had the battery % on and told me there was an update and i removed it and i cant get it back on?

    Sorry I didn't test on the Pre itself, I'll regenerate the patches to ignore whitespace change and trailing CR and get them in the feed.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    # Longer Standby Times (Updated 9/30 by egaudet) <- works fine for me
    well my phone reset itself once again while using the POS web browser. And the standby time seems to be longer. But if you call 1-2 seconds longer than I am going to remove this patch and wait until there is a way to set a time limit. Thanks and hope you can implement a user set time limit somehow.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Jason gave me some 1.2.0 patches from his tweaks list, they are now in gitorious and autopatch feed

    battery-percent
    call-duration
    enable-browser-download package patch updated for 1.2
    launcher-icons-4x4-jason
    min-brightness
    msg-avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Sorry I didn't test on the Pre itself, I'll regenerate the patches to ignore whitespace change and trailing CR and get them in the feed.

    v0.3.1 of these should be fixed.

    Sorry guys, try battery patch again. Let me know if the patch is different than the one you had before.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions