Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
    i put the 4x4 thing on my and just took the phone without even look at it and i notice the all the icons where on top of each other and i canot get to them individual and i also canot get the dev mode up can some one help i reset the phone and still the same please help before i make peaces of it
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mypre09 View Post
    i put the 4x4 thing on my and just took the phone without even look at it and i notice the all the icons where on top of each other and i canot get to them individual and i also canot get the dev mode up can some one help i reset the phone and still the same please help before i make peaces of it
    run webos doctor
    Please Help!!! I put several patches on my pre. It then wouldn't charge so I did a partial reset. That fixed the problem of charging but now the patches are still on the phone and preware says there are no patches. I cannot remove the patches or put on any new ones. How can I reset the phone to factory default and start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by jefho222 View Post
    Please Help!!! I put several patches on my pre. It then wouldn't charge so I did a partial reset. That fixed the problem of charging but now the patches are still on the phone and preware says there are no patches. I cannot remove the patches or put on any new ones. How can I reset the phone to factory default and start over?
    Install Emergency Patch Recovery.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Install Emergency Patch Recovery.
    You will find the Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware under "Patches".
    did anyone notice a change to location services? it use to have the ability to turn off the GPS. I dont see this option anymore. I dont see this in any of the updates Information pages. am I going crazy?
    i tried installing the virtual keyboard ..but i hadn't realized that i already had the upgradeVersion 1.2.2 therefore it doesn't work...as far as everything else it works great....the forwarding...hepatic feedback..led notifications......but i still would luv it if the virtual keyboard worked which is the main reason y in installed webos and preware in the first place......any help would be great....
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is not a ton to worry about but it's impossible to predict what packages Palm will change (read: overwrite) in a future update. I have supplied a script wrapped in a self-removing ipk named Emergency Patch Recovery. You can run this before or directly after updating to remove all the patches installed as ipk via autopatch system.

Uninstall it. (Installed Packages in Preware).

Put your avatar here:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/my-avatar.png

There are various ways to accomplish this, the easiest is to use Quick Install's send file feature.
    Does the file have to be named my-avatar.png or it can it be named anything.png
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Will there be a password (time)delay patch, so that you don't have to enter your password/pin Every single time the screen goes off during use?
    Hey there, can you help me with getting the LED Notifications to work? I have tried doing it through quick install and I get an error. Not sure what to do. I also tried to do it through preware but then get an error for the patch.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    did anyone notice a change to location services? it use to have the ability to turn off the GPS. I dont see this option anymore. I dont see this in any of the updates Information pages. am I going crazy?
    In webos1.2.0 it is no longer a switch on the opening screen of location services. Instead, select preferences in location services to check/uncheck "use GPS."
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this request, but is anyone working on a patch that would allow us to turn off certain sounds for certain times of day? For example I would like to be able to turn off alerts and notifications at night (so I am not woke up by late night texts etc.), but be able to leave the ringer on for emergencies.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone puts into these patches and applications!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this request, but is anyone working on a patch that would allow us to turn off certain sounds for certain times of day? For example I would like to be able to turn off alerts and notifications at night (so I am not woke up by late night texts etc.), but be able to leave the ringer on for emergencies.
    I've been hoping for something like this also. During the day at work I want my calls to vibrate, but my e-mails & texts to do nothing, but when I'm awake and not at work I want everything to make noise/vibrate. If I could get the LED to light up for just texts and not e-mails, that would be great too (the patch may do that now...not sure) Other operating systems call these "Profiles" and they are very much appreciated by people trying to use this phone as a "professional" phone.
    Could you or someone in patch community PLEASE create a patch that would allow me to search the contact memo and address fields! I need this old Palm OS functionality sooooooo bad in my business!

Also how about a patch that would allow a pop-up for an entry one touches in the calendar weekly view (like Date book 6 does).

A third tweak option would be to allow calendar to "link" to a chosen contact in the contact data base where phone/address info are stored.

A fourth tweak would be to allow "icons" to be assigned to categories/google groups within the pre calendar weekly view to maxamize the screen use. It would be really nice if each appointment could have a weekly-view icon assigned to it that was different that the icon belonging to that category if desired.
    Last edited by charlestwesco; 10/31/2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Addition
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617