Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    download and install thru preware the emergency patch thing...it takes long to run so dont exit...after its done u gotta reboot
    I can't find what your talking about on preware what is the file name? What catergory? I try the search option but nothing comes out for epr or emergency...please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by superasian25 View Post
    I can't find what your talking about on preware what is the file name? What catergory? I try the search option but nothing comes out for epr or emergency...please help.
    when ur in the main menu....go to available tweaks then search all and type emergency...should come up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superasian25 View Post
    It's in the patch section. It is call Emergency Patch Recovery. It has a white ambulance icon.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Can someone out there develop a patch to hide/delete the "Sprint" app (aka web link)? It is useless to me and I want to get rid of it. Anyone else agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    It's in the patch section. It is call Emergency Patch Recovery. It has a white ambulance icon.
    thanks alot got it!!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanTheMan View Post
    any way to get JUST the battery % and not the icon?
    K we get the Battery % only but how can I (by rooting if I have to) get the % symbol in there. Thanks.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    K we get the Battery % only but how can I (by rooting if I have to) get the % symbol in there. Thanks.

and when it says 100 it doesn't say 10. There is a new patch up for percent. I installed it but didn't work for me. It did nothing.....
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    What I am actually trying to do is take a combination of a few tweaks.... Delta-9 had a tweak right when 1.2.0 came out that had just the percentage of the "actual" battery %, then I would like it to have a notification of when you are charging it. This is all without the battery icon.

I know it was talked about a few pages back but I don't think anything was said further and it is my mission to get this all to be an option as I think people would want it

Edit:
    But I have VERY BASIC knowledge of linux code so if anyone is willing to help. Please by all means!
    Last edited by Webby_s; 10/03/2009 at 09:55 PM.
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    and when it says 100 it doesn't say 10. There is a new patch up for percent. I installed it but didn't work for me. It did nothing.....
    Ok I got it fixed!!

At line #146 (on my Pre with the tweaks I have) in systemui.css at /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/ I added this (from the old 1.1.0 systemui.css)
    Code:
    #power.battery-blank {
    	width: 27px;
    	background-color: black;
    }
    /* Begin: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    #power.battery-percent {
    	width: 38px;
    }
    #power.battery-percentimage {
    	width: 49px;
    }
    #power.battery-percentimage-charged {
    }
    /* End: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    Now with the patch installed with Preware to have it without the battery icon I can see all of the percentage

It isn't that it wasn't there... It just wasn't properly set in the top bar so we could see it all. Make sense.

If you need a screen cap. I can throw that in, but trust me I wasn't going to give up without making it work.
    Last edited by Webby_s; 10/03/2009 at 11:09 PM.
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Now to tweak it so it is the actual battery reading that is in the Battery Monitor app!! Any hints?

I would like to just change where the percentage is generated from to the actual battery percentage and keep the charging, colors, look and feel of what we currently have the same.

Is is something to do with:
    Code:
    this.batteryLevel or payload.percent_ui
    (and my wife's)
    Now to tweak it so it is the actual battery reading that is in the Battery Monitor app!! Any hints?

I would like to just change where the percentage is generated from to the actual battery percentage and keep the charging, colors, look and feel of what we currently have the same.

Is is something to do with:
    Code:
    this.batteryLevel or payload.percent_ui

I believe you change percent_ui to percent for this. The show-actual-battery-percent patch accomplishes this (although it conflicts with the other icon/% color patch).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Ok I got it fixed!!

At line #146 (on my Pre with the tweaks I have) in systemui.css at /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/ I added this (from the old 1.1.0 systemui.css)
    Code:
    #power.battery-blank {
    	width: 27px;
    }
    /* Begin: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    #power.battery-percent {
    	width: 38px;
    }
    #power.battery-percentimage {
    }
    #power.battery-percentimage-charged {
    }
    /* End: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    Now with the patch installed with Preware to have it without the battery icon I can see all of the percentage

It isn't that it wasn't there... It just wasn't properly set in the top bar so we could see it all. Make sense.

If you need a screen cap. I can throw that in, but trust me I wasn't going to give up without making it work.

If the CSS modifications are required but left out of the battery-percent (without icon) patch, feel free to fix it in the gitorious repo or supply a fixed patch and I will update it for you. Good find

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I believe you change percent_ui to percent for this. The show-actual-battery-percent patch accomplishes this (although it conflicts with the other icon/% color patch).
    Ya I JUST noticed that an update to the actual % was uploaded a couple of hours ago (while updating my wifes) Now how do I just uninstall the original one without using that EPR? I would just need to delete the one patch. Any ideas?
    (and my wife's)
    Ya I JUST noticed that an update to the actual % was uploaded a couple of hours ago (while updating my wifes) Now how do I just uninstall the original one without using that ESR or whatever? I would just need to delete the one patch. Any ideas?
    You should be able to remove any single patch you want. Should be listed in installed packages in preware.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    That was a rookie mistake, thank you for that reminder!! But just my luck, it states: error removing [4], I guess I half expected that. can I go the the gitorious repo and see the changes and do it by hand?
    And if so, do you have a link?
    (and my wife's)
    That was a rookie mistake, thank you for that reminder!! But just my luck, it states: error removing [4], I guess I half expected that. can I go the the gitorious repo and see the changes and do it by hand?
    And if so, do you have a link?

Well the removal will not work unless the file is in the patched state, so if you've modified it from the patched state then you want it back to that state (at least the lines it touches).

Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Ya that's why I have figured it wouldn't work.

So I installed the actual percentage patch on my wifes and can't get it working, it just shows the icon so I guess it's not all a lost cause. (anyone else having luck?)So I am going to uninstall it on hers an reinstall the other one without the icon and see if someone comes up with something.

Thanks for all the help.
    (and my wife's)
    Ya that's why I have figured it wouldn't work.

So I installed the actual percentage patch on my wifes and can't get it working, it just shows the icon so I guess it's not all a lost cause. (anyone else having luck?)So I am going to uninstall it on hers an reinstall the other one without the icon and see if someone comes up with something.

Thanks for all the help.
    show actual percentage patch only changes the underlying percentage (like what you see from tapping the icon in that menu). It doesn't modify the display at all.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    OH!!!! Ok that's news to me.... See I want it in the top right, I guess I didn't know that, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

So now I go back to what I said before... Can one make the tweak for the percentage in bar-assistant.jsjsjs?

Man I am getting tired and too many beers deep to figure it all out!
    (and my wife's)
    [EDIT]

This thread is specific to patch development.

Users, please put posts regarding 1.2.1 patch usage in the 1.2.1 patch thread:

webOS 1.2.1 Patch Discussion
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/04/2009 at 09:11 AM.