Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maleoutkast View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed messaging in landscape? Not the obsolete one. I keep getting an error when I try to install it.
    Yes, it works. Try rebooting your phone and install again. If that doesn't work run EPR, then reinstall all of the patches you want.
    ookees, and others,

regarding:

contacttone
    contact-multitone
    and message sounds and alerts

read the thread or search the thread, I'm sorry there are so many posts but the information is important so please read carefully, it has already been described and links have been posted.

MasterBrian,
    that is precisely what this thread is for, just be patient.

kudos to Jason Robitaille, emoney, dbsooner, rboatright, rwhitby, oil, AnOutsider, madolen, destinal, templarian, tharris, zuchmir2, puffthemagic, and dieter bohn, and whoever else I missed for making this and webosinternals.org and prethemer an unbelievably great experience and making the Palm Pre a highly usable phone.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 10/03/2009 at 02:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    Hasn't worked for me.
    Really? What isn't working? Do you get an error when installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Really? What isn't working? Do you get an error when installing?
    It installed, but I still get my default text alert playing.
    I got my messaging app to work in landscape now. I hadn't thought about running EPR so I edited the code manually. Oh well, it all works now and that's all that matter.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    It installed, but I still get my default text alert playing.
    Did you add a tone to the contact(s) you wanted? Go to the contact you want to assign a tone for and press edit, you should be an option that says "Set a message tone" right under "Set a ringtone".
    definedbyclass13,

you set them up in sounds and alerts, and also set sounds per contact in the contacts app, read my previous posts.

regarding phone no alerts patch: ikyo graciously made this patch to put the phone on vibrate only during calls, and restore previous state after the call is completed.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    definedbyclass13,

you set them up in sounds and alerts, and also set sounds per contact in the contacts app, read my previous posts.

regarding phone no alerts patch: ikyo graciously made this patch to put the phone on vibrate only during calls, and restore previous state after the call is completed.
    Ok, i was wondering what that was. That is great, I am adding it to my pre right now. Nothing more annoying than talking on the phone and getting a loud message alert and then having to explain to the person on the other end what that was.
    well, they did alleviate it a little in 1.2, but I don't think they completely muted it like this patch does, hopefully it works well still. I haven't fully tested it. ikyo has already alluded to him becoming very busy in an entrepeneurial capacity, so we wish him luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Did you add a tone to the contact(s) you wanted? Go to the contact you want to assign a tone for and press edit, you should be an option that says "Set a message tone" right under "Set a ringtone".
    I had done that. But now i'll try what hmagoo suggested.
    DefinedByClass13
    I've only used all three patches together, so I'm not sure if they are all necessary or maybe some work on their own. also, make sure you don't have installed MyNotifications and TXT Manager, apps.. at least that is how I do it, hate to **** off any developers out there.

hope you get it all working.
    do we have to remove all of these before updating to 1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yep, remove them all with the EPR patch listed in the patch list. It will remove every patch at one time after you restart the device. Be careful with this though, once you download it all of your patches/tweaks are gone. You then do the update and re download your patches.
    Has anyone already downloaded 1.2.1 and tried if the patches are still compatible?
    Ok, I installed with the patches and it removed them all, now I will reinstall them again and keep you updated on what works.
    I had done that. But now i'll try what hmagoo suggested.

You really need to install all three of these to get it to work correctlly or at least the first two.

contacttone
    contact-multitone
    and message sounds and alerts
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Ok, all are working fine with 1.2.1 ...now no more updates for at least 3 months, so I can enjoy my phone as it is now, lol.
    How do I find the hotkeys for browser mlti-patch...?

thank you.
    Did the new WEBOSQI version come out yet?
    With the release of 1.2.1, we now have to start all over again with our patch verifications, right?