Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Will someone PLEASE tell me what the hiddon clock patch does?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Jason contributed this patch to the autopatch feed, so I assume it is the same one as the older versions of QI. He may have tweaked it. I'll find out tonight if there's no answer before that.
    Seems to be working exactly the same for me..
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Will someone PLEASE tell me what the hiddon clock patch does?
    It enables another clock (black analog, I believe) in the Clock App. Just another clock that you can choose from to look at instead of the other analog or digital.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me what these two patches do exactly? What I want is to be able to have my txt messages to have one sound and my emails another? Is that possible with either one of these patches?

Contacts
    Add a message tone selector

Sounds & Alerts
    Add Message Sound Selections
    Is there a list somewhere that shows which of these patches do and which ones we can actually use? I've noticed a lot show "???" for the description.
    Seems like the document-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $missing$/$moved$. $I$'$m$ $curious$ $if$ $anyone$ $has$ $the$ $pdfviewer$ $working$ $in$ $landscape$ $mode$ $for$ $1$.$2$
    sorry if this has been asked b4...but wut is the phone no alert patch?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is there a new WEBOSQI version?..i have the 2.03 but i've seen some people post 2.6 version....where can i get that?

Thanks,
    Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by ToreUpFrmDflorUp View Post
    is there a new WEBOSQI version?..i have the 2.03 but i've seen some people post 2.6 version....where can i get that?

Thanks,
    Kat
    just w8 for 2.7 version...it should be out late tonight or tomorrow...be patient
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    hey, i canot find add page or delete launcher patch in preware? anyone who can help?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    hey please tell me where i can install add delete pages in app launcher from? i cannot find it in preware i even updated feed .. but dont find it.. i can find everything else. i found it on preload, but does not install.
    I have "Messaging Compose Email" installed but can't figure out how to use it. My assumption is that I can click on the "Text" button in the top right and choose email from the list, but I see nothing there.
    There is one patch left in gitorious that I'm not sure what to do with. modifications/messagelandscape.patch. This is marked as obsolete in the autopatch feed ipk temporarily. (The messaging in landscape patch, message-orientation works fine)

The landscape portion of this patch is obsolete as it's been implemented in the orientation for just that specific functionality. But I need to know if we need/want the following code snippet as a patch for the messaging app:

Code:
    -	// Truncate to 100K if the message is too long. 
    +	*/
    +        // -END- REPLACE BY D2GLOBALINC MODIFICATION TO FIX REPLY-FORWARD FORMATTING
    +
    +        // FIX BROKEN FORMATTING IN REPLAY-FORWARD
    +        var splitIndex = originalText.indexOf("<body");
    +        if (splitIndex > 0) {
    +                splitIndex = originalText.indexOf('>', splitIndex);
    +                if (splitIndex > 0) {
    +                        splitIndex++;
    +                        Mojo.Log.info("Slicing header starting at", splitIndex);
    +                        originalText = originalText.slice(splitIndex);
    +                }
    +        } else {
    +                originalText = originalText.gsub("\n","<br/>");
    +        }
    +
    +        // Truncate to 100K if the message is too long.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Can someone tell me what these two patches do exactly? What I want is to be able to have my txt messages to have one sound and my emails another? Is that possible with either one of these patches?

Contacts
    Add a message tone selector

Sounds & Alerts
    Add Message Sound Selections

Me too,

I get what "Contacts" will do (Allow unique sound for each contact when received as SMS). But "Message sound selection" I can't find for sure. I may have found something that implied/stated you had to put 1 on before the other.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    Me too,

I get what "Contacts" will do (Allow unique sound for each contact when received as SMS). But "Message sound selection" I can't find for sure. I may have found something that implied/stated you had to put 1 on before the other.
    Ok this is my understanding of how these two work.

Contact Tone Patch

When you install this it allows you to assign a distinct sound to a contact for text messaging. After you install it go to the contact you want to assign a sound to and edit the info. There will be an option for assigning a sound.

Message Tone sounds

This allows you to change the sounds for messaging and notifications. After you install this you can select a new sound for each in the sounds and ringtones settings.
    Last edited by Twosted; 10/02/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Message Tone sounds= Same thing "Pimp my sounds" dose?
    I'm running the all attachment patch
    on Palm Pre,
    WebOS 1.2,
    installed via Preware.

When I attached an mp3 file (4MB) to a text message, an error message popped up.

"Your device is full. Delete files to clear space."

I've gone though in USB mode and deleted files I didn't need, and have 6.3Gb of space available.

I'm assuming that Sprint must have a size limit on text message media attachments, but I couldn't find anything in search.

~Bowen
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I installed the hidden clock patch and it seemed to work. However, has anyone noticed that the hidden analong clock is broken? The second hand does not update. Is this an artifact of the patch or did Palm hide it this time for a reason?
    I added the hidden clock, and lost the alrm function @ the bottom.
    Has anyone successfully installed messaging in landscape? Not the obsolete one. I keep getting an error when I try to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Ok this is my understanding of how these two work.

Contact Tone Patch

When you install this it allows you to assign a distinct sound to a contact for text messaging. After you install it go to the contact you want to assign a sound to and edit the info. There will be an option for assigning a sound.
    Hasn't worked for me.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast