Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    It appears that I can forward some imcoming messages...The one that I can not forward is the one with a subject in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Message forwarding only forwards outgoing texts...Incoming texts pops up the option but does nothing....I have all my patches posted above...Some my patches conflict. I recall there being a a conflict with :

org.webosinternals.patches.contact-multitone - 0.2.7 - contact multitone patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacttone - 0.2.1 - contact tone patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.message-tone-sounds-and-alerts

in 1.1 ...I think the solution was to install message forwarding first then the rest of the patches for messaging....I am not sure though....

Can someone confirm this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    try installing those three first, then the FWD.

just so people know, those three patches are detailed in the link, and are for allowing you to set different sounds for alerts, notifications, and messages, and message sounds per contact.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Yeah i remember something like that...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Im sure this has been asked, but anyone know if they will come out with a camcorder for the Pre?
    whoa, I'd never seen luna manager. sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdad View Post
    Im sure this has been asked, but anyone know if they will come out with a camcorder for the Pre?
    check the main page
    http://precentral.net

if it isn't there, it probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 10/02/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I did the same thing. How do you get your avatar to show? All I see is a blank box...

I was reading another thread and I guess you need to do some rooting? Is that right? I thought if you used the patch from Preware you don't need to do any rooting... help please..!

You still have to get your pic to the blank box but the file that you are supposed to move it to is not there. I was hoping someone had found it or can tell us where to put the pic. This can be done using QI by sending a file.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is not a ton to worry about but it's impossible to predict what packages Palm will change (read: overwrite) in a future update. I have supplied a script wrapped in a self-removing ipk named Emergency Patch Recovery. You can run this before or directly after updating to remove all the patches installed as ipk via autopatch system.

Uninstall it. (Installed Packages in Preware).

Put your avatar here:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/my-avatar.png

There are various ways to accomplish this, the easiest is to use Quick Install's send file feature.

I looked in this location after I applied the patch befor I sent the pic but the My-avatar.png does not exsist in that location and I can not find it. Hope you can help.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    You still have to get your pic to the blank box but the file that you are supposed to move it to is not there. I was hoping someone had found it or can tell us where to put the pic. This can be done using QI by sending a file.
    I don't understand? The file is not supposed to exist, you are supposed to supply it.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I don't understand? The file is not supposed to exist, you are supposed to supply it.

Ok, I copied my pic to this location and I can see the file got there using internalz. But still not showing in chat.

If I copy it to the below location it creates a folder for my-avatar.png and puts my pic inside it.

Code:
    If I copy it to this location it puts it in the images folder but does not show up in the chat. Still just a empty box.

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    By the way I am testing all of this on the emulator before I put it on my phone. Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Ok, I copied my pic to this location and I can see the file got there using internalz. But still not showing in chat.

If I copy it to the below location it creates a folder for my-avatar.png and puts my pic inside it.

Code:
    If I copy it to this location it puts it in the images folder but does not show up in the chat. Still just a empty box.

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    By the way I am testing all of this on the emulator before I put it on my phone. Any ideas???

filenames are case-sensitive in linux.

if you copy My-avatar.png to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/ that is will put it exactly as:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/My-avatar.png

The patched messaging app looks for

Note the case.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I installed the hidden clock patch and it seemed to work. However, has anyone noticed that the hidden analong clock is broken? The second hand does not update. Is this an artifact of the patch or did Palm hide it this time for a reason?
    I also observe this behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is the Add New Card per Conversation patch working for anybody? I see it was updated on the 28th, but it isn't on the op's list.
    Yep, it's working on my pre.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

if you copy My-avatar.png to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/ that is will put it exactly as:

Note the case.
    i just did this and it still blank....... please help
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack34 View Post
    i just did this and it still blank....... please help
    Did exactly what? You quoted a post that was explaining case sensitivity with 0 instructions to do anything...

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    when i try to send file over webQO it says: error 5 commandut file :///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.messaging/images/my-avatar.png
    reply: file open failed

?????????? help

Note the case.
    This worked like a charm. Last time I did it I transfered the file and then moved it. But with this new version you have to name your pic (my-avatar) and send it to the below directory. Then due a Luna restart.

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images
    Do this by opening up QI 2.6 and then Tools-->send file, browse to you pic named (my-avatar) and select it. It MUST be a .png file. If it is not then use Microsoft paint to convert it. Then copy the above location exactly into the destination. Luna restart and you should be good.

Note the case.[/quote]

Quoted from post #1225 in the Preware forum. ( http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...reware-62.html ) I figured this was the more appropriate place to look for an answer or let the patch developer know of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    This must be a different patch than the one that was available via WebOS Quick Install. The Preware patch doesn't show 100% when fully charged, it only shows 10. The WebOS tweak showed 100. Can't remember if the % symbol was displayed or not.

I prefer Preware's OTA method of installing patches, and don't want to have to "mix and match" using Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Not sure if you can install with one method and remove with another, so I may have to just stick with one method so I don't get mixed up.
    Same experience here.

It appears that this Battery % (without battery icon) patch isn't exactly the same as the one previously available via WebOS QI. It looks like the developer has only allowed for two characters of battery % reporting -- therefore no actual "%" indicator ever and when fully charged, it shows just "10" instead of "100". I fully acknowledge that this could be by design (since in theory 99% of the time, the battery level will be less than 100%), but watnted to put it out there to confirm the behavior as well as to see if there was any addtional commentary. Also, I'm sure we won't be the only ones who prefer the % without the battery icon, so hopefully this post will help address the questions which will come from others who begin to use Preware and the Patch Feed as a means to do OTA patches.

I'm not sure if Trekker (who first reported this issue this morning in the Preware threat) has installed the "Add date to top bar without Year" patch, but I do have this other 'top bar' patch installed. At first I was wondering if the additional content in the top bar was pushing the battery % info off the right side of the screen, but I've uninstalled the 'date in top bar' patch and the battery patch still shows just two characters...
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Quoted from post #1225 in the Preware forum. ( http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...reware-62.html ) I figured this was the more appropriate place to look for an answer or let the patch developer know of the issue.

Same experience here.

It appears that this Battery % (without battery icon) patch isn't exactly the same as the one previously available via WebOS QI. It looks like the developer has only allowed for two characters of battery % reporting -- therefore no actual "%" indicator ever and when fully charged, it shows just "10" instead of "100". I fully acknowledge that this could be by design (since in theory 99% of the time, the battery level will be less than 100%), but watnted to put it out there to confirm the behavior as well as to see if there was any addtional commentary. Also, I'm sure we won't be the only ones who prefer the % without the battery icon, so hopefully this post will help address the questions which will come from others who begin to use Preware and the Patch Feed as a means to do OTA patches.

I'm not sure if Trekker (who first reported this issue this morning in the Preware threat) has installed the "Add date to top bar without Year" patch, but I do have this other 'top bar' patch installed. At first I was wondering if the additional content in the top bar was pushing the battery % info off the right side of the screen, but I've uninstalled the 'date in top bar' patch and the battery patch still shows just two characters...

Jason contributed this patch to the autopatch feed, so I assume it is the same one as the older versions of QI. He may have tweaked it. I'll find out tonight if there's no answer before that.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    oh I hate you. I was looking forward to 1.2, but now that seems to pale in comparison to this new Preware with tweaks do enable from the device.

Oh you homebrew masters you...
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast