Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I deleted those two files, but still got the same error when trying to install KeyToss.

Thanks, though.
    Hi there,

big break, no big news. I'm still at 1.4.1 without Keytoss, but there are some facts for you guys.

Installing via webOSQuickinstall : error
    Latest version (#98) via webOSQuickinstall : reboots my Pre after failing to install.

Also, since I connected my Pre with my Mac via USB (and having updated wOSQI and tried installing keytoss.... again) at first today, I'm having problems with the phone-daemon crashing.
    Experience shows that after doctoring, keytoss installs just fine. Cross your fingers, looks like I'm about to find out.
    (Not too proud about this though)
    Okay I've done something different this time.
    EPR.

You know what? I should've done this a month ago. Keytoss installed without a glitch.

Here's a list of patches I had installed, titus98, spreng, everybod, can you confirm this?
    (4x4 icons v4 no arrows plus more, Adblocker, Add move to folder button, Character Counter, Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset, Confirm delete, Enable PDF landscape viewer, Enter Key for New Line, Reduce Minimum Brightness, Show Actual Battery Percent, Timestamps Clean, Toggle 3G in Device Menu)

Let me know if this works for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Okay I've done something different this time.
    EPR.

You know what? I should've done this a month ago. Keytoss installed without a glitch.

Here's a list of patches I had installed, titus98, spreng, everybod, can you confirm this?
    (4x4 icons v4 no arrows plus more, Adblocker, Add move to folder button, Character Counter, Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset, Confirm delete, Enable PDF landscape viewer, Enter Key for New Line, Reduce Minimum Brightness, Show Actual Battery Percent, Timestamps Clean, Toggle 3G in Device Menu)

Let me know if this works for you!
    You mean, that you removed ALL your patches before installing KeyToss? And then how do you restore them all? One by one?

Thanks,
    Sorry for taking so long..
    No, Preware saves a list of patches you had installed earlier. Very comfortable.. =)
    So it's a matter of minutes and solved my problem completely.
    Sorry for taking so long..
    No, Preware saves a list of patches you had installed earlier. Very comfortable.. =)
    So it's a matter of minutes and solved my problem completely.
    OK, but correct me if I am wrong. You run EPR, it removes patches, then you install KeyToss, but then what do you do re-install the patches?

Sorry, don't mean to be a pest....
    You surely aren't
    I cannot say I understand why it works, but somehow it does.
    It's correct that after an EPR, you don't have any patches installed. Now install KeyToss. Then open Preware (again, if you installed KeyToss via Preware) and select the entry below, "Saved Package List" (list of all patches as mentioned above). On the left side there's "Install all" which I'm not sure worked for me - I believe I installed patches manually in bunches of three to five. But it could as well work.

Let me know of your progress =)
    You surely aren't
    It's correct that after an EPR, you don't have any patches installed. Now install KeyToss. Then open Preware (again, if you installed KeyToss via Preware) and select the entry below, "Saved Package List" (list of all patches as mentioned above). On the left side there's "Install all" which I'm not sure worked for me - I believe I installed patches manually in bunches of three to five. But it could as well work.

It worked, just as you said.... although one of the patches (calendar-snooze-duration) froze the process, but I think that this particular problem is addressed somewhere else in the chats....

Thanks for your help....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    can you add @mw SEARCH_TEXT to search merriam-webster aka m-w.com dictionary?
    Quote Originally Posted by FAtristain View Post
    It worked, just as you said....
    Same here. I now have KEYTOSS again!

Patrick
    You surely aren't

This is my first use of Keytoss (hadn't utilized it before) and it installed flawlessly using your instructions. Other patches re-installed afterwards. Thank you!
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Problem: If I type "deftones" (or anything else) in universal search and hit enter it will open a web browser and go to the website http://undefineddeftones/ ... That website doesn't exist so the browser goes no where.

If I type something with spaces it will replace the spaces with "%20" For example search for "deftones rock" will go to http://undefineddeftones%20rock/

If instead of hitting enter I just tap google or anything else it works as expected.

I used to have keytoss patch installed but I have removed it. I Just ran emergency patch recovery and then webOSrepair utility. It fixed some file related to root. IDK ... but it didn't fix the universal search problem.

I'm guessing this is some remnant of the keytoss patch that is still installed because keytoss would take over the enter key and send you to keytoss website if you hit enter (which would then fwd you to google)

Help.

Update:

Oh! I got it. While in preferences I was deleting the cookies and catch and I found the problem. Default search engine was set to 'Keytoss' With a tap it let me switch it to google. Keytoss patch clearly has left some code behind.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 08/15/2010 at 02:10 PM.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Oh! I got it. While in preferences I was deleting the cookies and catch and I found the problem. Default search engine was set to 'Keytoss' With a tap it let me switch it to google. Keytoss patch clearly has left some code behind.
    Hi,
    Please see posts 62 and 64 in this thread.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i was looking for a way to quickly search imdb - this is the answer i was looking for thanks!
    all of a sudden keytoss broke! Just a spinning wheel. Other search engines work fine but it no longer passed searches off to google. I uninstalled and reinstalled but same problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    all of a sudden keytoss broke! Just a spinning wheel. Other search engines work fine but it no longer passed searches off to google. I uninstalled and reinstalled but same problem. Any ideas?
    Same problem here, I can use all the commands (all that I've tried at least) but if I just type a google search it hangs and never redirects to google. Glad I'm not alone on this one. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same problem.

Edit:I doctored and Keytoss Google search functionality is back. I wonder what the problem was? I have lots of homebrew so it could have been anything, but I'm just glad it's back...for now.
    Last edited by FidelitySyndrom; 03/21/2011 at 03:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I had forgotten about this patch. Thanks!!!

Now I have to figure out if I can create a @nook keyword
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456