Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ran onto this (as well):
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Fri Mar 12 17:00:43 CET 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search/universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlsearch-controller.jsjsjs
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$global$-$search$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $succeeded$ $at$ $37$ $with$ $fuzz$ $1$.
    $Hunk$ #$4$ $succeeded$ $at$ $157$ ($offset$ $13$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$5$ $succeeded$ $at$ $467$ ($offset$ $27$ $lines$).
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$global$-$search$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$preferences$-$assistant$.$js$

$Verify$ $file$ $replacements$...
    *** $FAILED$ ***
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    remove the following 2 files:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/list-icon-keytoss.png
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/search-keytoss.png
    Won't delete since it's mounted readonly (ro) and I couldn't figure out just how the mountpoints are layered and I didn't want to tamper with it.
    Anyway, it somewhat doesn't work quite right. Which is bad as keytoss is but the single best thing available on the Pre.

I'm going to dr. my device now, updates after the break
  2.    #82  
    This works for me:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    This works for me:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    FWIW -

Some time back, I created a /media/internal/bin folder, and there, made 2 scripts. One with the above code, and another to change it back to mounted read-only.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Nope, that didn't help. Keytoss still not available, though installed via webOSQI. Cannot remove it either (see above).
    Preware is acting somewhat strange though as well. Got to investigate.
    Frak me!

It works! Worth the tripple-doctoring, samkim, forgive my ignorance.
    Installed #69 via wOSQI, *not* Preware, I do not know whether it works via Preware as of now.

#69 : http://forums.precentral.net/2261883-post69.html
    At SamKim's request, I have updated the patch to fix a reported issue with 1.4.0 devices. The patch was built against the 1.4.1 SDK pre-release but does patch properly on 1.4.0 devices per SamKim.

In addition to setting KeyToss as the default search provider, it now adds the option of bing as a default search provider in the browser and adds several additional in-search options in the browser find field to search several other popular engines and twitter

It should be available thru official channels shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dweigh; 04/02/2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: ...
    Uhm.
    Okay, with 1.4.1.1 Keytoss doesn't work again
    dweigh, if you built against 1.4.1.1 tools, shouldn't it work? Where can I get the latest version?

(Miss keytoss as much as my 720 MHz)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Uhm.
    Okay, with 1.4.1.1 Keytoss doesn't work again
    dweigh, if you built against 1.4.1.1 tools, shouldn't it work? Where can I get the latest version?

(Miss keytoss as much as my 720 MHz)
    can you post the error message? or log file?

I'm not a pre owner (yet) so everything is in the emulator ....
    I am having problems installing in 1.4.1.1 as well
    Code:
    ATCH INSTALLATION Sun Apr  4 01:45:56 CDT 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search/universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlsearch-controller.jsjsjs
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$global$-$search$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $succeeded$ $at$ $37$ $with$ $fuzz$ $1$.
    $Hunk$ #$4$ $succeeded$ $at$ $159$ ($offset$ $15$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$5$ $succeeded$ $at$ $469$ ($offset$ $29$ $lines$).
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$global$-$search$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$preferences$-$assistant$.$js$

$Verify$ $file$ $replacements$...
    *** $FAILED$ ***
    Quote Originally Posted by dweigh View Post
    At SamKim's request, I have updated the patch to fix a reported issue with 1.4.0 devices. The patch was built against the 1.4.1 SDK pre-release but does patch properly on 1.4.0 devices per SamKim.

In addition to setting KeyToss as the default search provider, it now adds the option of bing as a default search provider in the browser and adds several additional in-search options in the browser find field to search several other popular engines and twitter

It should be available thru official channels shortly.
    Got it to work but I don't see the dropdown options shown here. All I can choose from is Google.
    I am having the same problems installing in 1.4.1.1, with the same patches.log text. On my phone, I also get this message right after the Remove line:

"Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution"
    Can you enable searching through swagbucks.com in this patch please? It's just like google, but you earn swagbucks for searching through their site, and then exchange them for prizes.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Got it to work but I don't see the dropdown options shown here. All I can choose from is Google.
    I don't think his version of the patch was ever added to the feed, as far as I can tell.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Can you enable searching through swagbucks.com in this patch please? It's just like google, but you earn swagbucks for searching through their site, and then exchange them for prizes.
    I added a new keyword @sb for Swag Bucks. I didn't notice a real mobile-friendly version available. Let me know if this works the way you want.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Since spreng is having the same installation problem you had, would you share how you solved it? Thanks.
    I added a new keyword @sb for Swag Bucks. I didn't notice a real mobile-friendly version available. Let me know if this works the way you want.
    Woooot it works!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think his version of the patch was ever added to the feed, as far as I can tell.
    the patch is live in the feeds. Please give me your feedback.
    I tried to install from Preware this morning, and it still fails. Here is the log:

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search (1.4.1-6) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-6_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    Nothing Interesting.
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-keytoss-keyword-search from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    Last edited by spreng; 04/21/2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Included wrong log listing
    I'm getting this same error. I wish it was easier to manually uninstall these things.
  20.    #100  
    Have you tried deleting these two files?

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/list-icon-keytoss.png
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/search-keytoss.png
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast