Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Thanks. Your Pre seems to be missing all the non-US localization files. Have you used webOS Doctor for 1.3.1? I just checked, and my Pre has the localization files, but webOS Doctor doesn't.

    The reason the patch edits the localization files is so that, for example, I can direct users in Spain to Spanish Google, and all users in Europe to a local KeyToss server - if I were to set one up. I was hoping to have just one version of the patch. I'll see if it's possible to modify the patch to ignore the missing files.
    Ah, that makes sense, and yes, I took my phone to the Doctor after the 1.3.1 update to solve some long-standing minor issues. Phone went from 1.3.1 --> 1.21 (via WOD) --> OTA update

    If I do the manual install you give a procedure for, will I be able to maintain the install via Preware (i.e. receive updates, uninstall before the next OTA update, etc)? The reason I doctored my phone was to clear out some early manual file editing I did, before we had such nice patching tools. Rather not have mods my Pre I can't maintain easily.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Ah, that makes sense, and yes, I took my phone to the Doctor after the 1.3.1 update to solve some long-standing minor issues. Phone went from 1.3.1 --> 1.21 (via WOD) --> OTA update

    If I do the manual install you give a procedure for, will I be able to maintain the install via Preware (i.e. receive updates, uninstall before the next OTA update, etc)? The reason I doctored my phone was to clear out some early manual file editing I did, before we had such nice patching tools. Rather not have mods my Pre I can't maintain easily.
    If you do the manual install of the patch file using WebOS Quick Install, you'll be able to uninstall it fine with either Preware or WebOS Quick Install. However, if the patch is updated, you won't see it listed in the Updated category in Preware because it'll have a different patch id.

    Also with the manual install, the two image files won't be automatically removed if you decide to uninstall the patch - but that's not necessary before an OTA update anyway.

    It's when you manually edit files (e.g., using a text editor) that the installation programs won't know what changes were made or how to reverse them.


    I'm still not sure about an automated solution to this problem. If I can't figure it out, I'll just package up the method I posted and submit that to the feed as a fix for Doctored US users.
  3. #43  
    this is neat! For some odd reason, I can not install this patch! It says it is compatible now with 1.3.1! So whats the deal!????
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    If you do the manual install of the patch file using WebOS Quick Install, you'll be able to uninstall it fine with either Preware or WebOS Quick Install. However, if the patch is updated, you won't see it listed in the Updated category in Preware because it'll have a different patch id.

    Also with the manual install, the two image files won't be automatically removed if you decide to uninstall the patch - but that's not necessary before an OTA update anyway.
    Ok, I did the manual install, and keytoss is working fine. Seems like you've isolated the issue correctly. Thanks!
  5. #45  
    Looking forward to a doctored feed. I would manual install but I like to keep things clean and be able to update etc. all in one fell swoop.
  6. #46  
    this was my favorite patch b4 1.3.1 came out. Now I get an error whenever I try to install it.

    here are files that ''couldn't be found to patch" according to the ipkg log:
    input line 177, input line 185, input line 197, input line 205, input line 213,
    what could be going on?

    sorry I posted w/o reading first. It appears i'm having the same problems as everyone else. I'l wait for the update. Thanx for all you're work.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 11/21/2009 at 07:44 AM.
  7. #47  
    I've updated to 1.3.1

    there's an error that repeats

    cannot find file to patch at input 222
    cannot find file to patch at input 2**
    cannot find file to patch at input 5**
    cannot find file to patch at input 222


    and so this repeats do you have any suggestion on how to fix the error.

    Regards
  8. #48  
    I am also getting an error trying to install. I was wondering do I need to uninstall any browser patches? I have multimod and increase bookmark #
  9.    #49  
    I've submitted a new version of the patch which doesn't touch the localization files that seem to be missing from some devices. It should be available on the feed shortly. Please look for a version *after* version 1.3.1-16.

    If this new version doesn't work, please post any error message you get, especially noting the line numbers that are failing.

    Thanks.

    Edit: The latest IPK that was added to the feed on Nov. 22 (1.3.1-16) was bad, and is being fixed.
    Last edited by samkim; 11/22/2009 at 01:27 PM.
  10. #50  
    Anyway to post the patch here until it is ready on Preware?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Anyway to post the patch here until it is ready on Preware?
    I updated this post with a link to the new patch file. I can't create an IPK patch file, so I have to wait for it to be created by webos-internals.

    Btw, the new patch IPK file (ver 1.3.1-16) that was just added to the feed today is bad. I've notified dBsooner, and I expect it to be replaced shortly.
  12.    #52  
    Okay, they fixed the KeyToss ipk file in the patch feed. The working version is 1.3.1-17.

    Please let me know whether it solves the installation problems...


    Also, note that if you install via Preware, you need to restart the device (or Luna) after installation.
  13. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Okay, they fixed the KeyToss ipk file in the patch feed. The working version is 1.3.1-17.

    Please let me know whether it solves the installation problems...


    Also, note that if you install via Preware, you need to restart the device (or Luna) after installation.
    Fixed for me, on - Pre/Sprint/1.31...

    Thanks much!

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14. #54  
    Works for me as well. Thanks a million!
  15. #55  
    I have tried to uninstall this patch, but even after restarting luna, the keytoss functionality remains in place. Is there a better way to clean this up without a full webos doctoring?
  16. #56  
    samkim: love the idea... however, I decided to edit the patch and use "http ://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define:" as the web address for the dictionary... its much more powerful than the one your using.

    - Just a thought for future releases.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  17. #57  
    hah. after I posted this thanks, THEN the thanks button showed up? so anyway.. in writing also, thanks samkin - got the new ipkg installed fine.

    also can someone enlighten me - I thought I've seen posted here screenshots from a pre... is there a keyboard shortcut (analagous to alt + prt scrn on windows) that lets you do that, or are these screenshots from emulators (which I know even less about but assuming its a 'virtual pre' running on your laptop or something?)

    thanks again
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenspear View Post
    I have tried to uninstall this patch, but even after restarting luna, the keytoss functionality remains in place. Is there a better way to clean this up without a full webos doctoring?
    Hi,
    I just tested uninstalling the patch, and it seems that while the files are being restored, the search options remain, even after a reset. Sorry about that.

    For now, you can go into the browser preferences, and select Google as the default search engine to change the Universal search and browser URL search back. I'll work on trying to figure out a way of completely removing the new search options from the system on uninstall.
    Last edited by samkim; 11/27/2009 at 12:50 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    samkim: love the idea... however, I decided to edit the patch and use "http ://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define:" as the web address for the dictionary... its much more powerful than the one your using.

    - Just a thought for future releases.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just added a new keyword: @gd for Google Define.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    hah. after I posted this thanks, THEN the thanks button showed up? so anyway.. in writing also, thanks samkin - got the new ipkg installed fine.

    also can someone enlighten me - I thought I've seen posted here screenshots from a pre... is there a keyboard shortcut (analagous to alt + prt scrn on windows) that lets you do that, or are these screenshots from emulators (which I know even less about but assuming its a 'virtual pre' running on your laptop or something?)

    thanks again
    Just did a search for that...
    Press [orange button] + [sym button] + [p] to take a screen shot.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions