Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel View Post
    What about a search in precentral.net forums?From the pre, I need this. Plus it seems ironic to lrave it off.
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

I actually tried to do this, but apparently the forum software has a security mechanism which makes it difficult to launch a search from anything other than the actual search page. I'll check with Dieter to see if there's any way around this.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    any chance of updating the flickr search to search via the new mobile flickr site instead of the older mobile version?
    I've updated the flickr search to go to the new mobile flickr site.

I discovered that the Pre was always capable of the displaying the new site; it was just that the toggle link from the old mobile flickr site didn't work.
  3.    #23  
    As I mentioned in another thread, I've updated the KeyToss Keyword Search patch to automatically add '.com', '.net', '.org', and other TLDs when you enter a domain name followed by @ and an optional modifier WITHOUT SPACES.

Note that if the entry has a dot in it (e.g., "m.flickr@"), the Pre will not use KeyToss for the query when you press enter. It will treat it as an actual address, and it will fail. So if it has a dot in it, you need to tap on the KeyToss logo.

google@
    go to: google.com

google@c
    go to: google.ca

precentral@n
    go to: precentral.net

google@o
    go to: google.org

google@u
    go to: google.co.uk

google@i
    go to: google.ie

google@e
    go to: google.es

google@d
    go to: google.de

mtld@m
    go to: mtld.mobi

google@a
    go to: google.com.au
    Is there an easy way I could use . instead of @ in my keytoss searches. I'd love to be able to initiate a search with one keystroke, while nothing is running. Currently, if you try to search for @ while nothing is running, you inadvertently dial 0. Neither . or , have this problem.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by csplinter View Post
    Is there an easy way I could use . instead of @ in my keytoss searches. I'd love to be able to initiate a search with one keystroke, while nothing is running. Currently, if you try to search for @ while nothing is running, you inadvertently dial 0. Neither . or , have this problem.
    Hi,
    If you type @ followed by a keyword and a space, the 0 should automatically change to @.

Does that help?
    Will this be updated?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will this be updated?
    Working on it. They made some changes to the code, and it's not as straightforward as it used to be...
  8.    #28  
    I just submitted the patch. It may take a little longer than usual to get into the feed because it needs to be packaged a little differently. So please be patient.

This patch takes advantage of the new default search engine selection on the browser preferences page, and also installs Yahoo as a search option. You can switch to Yahoo, or back to Google, for the url search without uninstalling the patch.

Note that you can always do a Yahoo search from KeyToss with the @y keyword.
  9.    #29  
    The patch is now available on both WebOS Quick Install and Preware.

Also, I just added Wolfram Alpha to the search list. Just type @wa followed by the query.

e.g.,
    @wa celsius
    can you add the 1.3 ipk here? though I'm not sure it will help. I'm having the same proble as rhyzer above -- I've got 1.31 update installed, and both thru preware and thru web os quik install I get an error installing as well. email me if you want a screenshot of the ipk log error file. very frustrating.. I love key toss and really want it back after the 1.3 :-(
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    can you add the 1.3 ipk here? though I'm not sure it will help. I'm having the same proble as rhyzer above -- I've got 1.31 update installed, and both thru preware and thru web os quik install I get an error installing as well. email me if you want a screenshot of the ipk log error file. very frustrating.. I love key toss and really want it back after the 1.3 :-(
    Do you have the command line patch installed? If so, that's likely the conflict. I think the author of that patch is working on a fix.

Here's the ipk file, but it shouldn't make any difference in the result...
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...3.1-14_all.ipk
    For whatever it's worth, I'm having (apparently) the same trouble as rhyzer and bdb777. When I try installing the 1.3.1-0 version, Preware throws up a dialog saying "Patch Error Installing: See IPKG log."

The log entry is long. The Install, Confirm, Approve and Unlock sections seem unremarkable and apparently error free. The first apparent problem is in the Postinst section of the log, where I see a line:

"can't find file to patch at input line 177"

and reading along, there are similar warnings about input lines 185, 197, 213, 233, 241, 253, 261, 281, 289

At the end of the log it says:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

For whatever it's worth, I can't install Command Line patch either, which also modifies Universal Search. I haven't had problems with 15 other patches I've currently got installed, and just installed another that I wasn't that interested in (App Catalog show download count) to confirm that Preware wasn't munged.

KeyToss worked fine for me under WebOS 1.2.1
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $dont$ $ave$ $the$ $command$ $line$ $patch$ $installed$. $I$ $dutifully$ $removed$ $all$ $patches$ $when$ $I$ $did$ $the$ $1$.$3$ $upgrade$, $and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $esp$ $remember$ $having$ $it$ $before$, $and$ $Im$' $even$ $more$ $sure$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $install$ $something$ $after$ $the$ $1$.$3$.

hopefully the screenshot attached.
    I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, I've installed .ipks before, and only one other patch gave a similar kind of error...

this is actually a slightly diff error than I've gotten before; I think w/ preware it gave more of a similar kind of error message as indicated above... but I don't know how to do a palm pre screenshot (I've seen some passing references and pix, indicating it can be done?? hint?)

any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    and btw as whitman mentioned - in 1.2 I didn't have any problems w/ key toss ..
    now that I think about it I dont esp remember uninstalling keytoss itself! where could I have seen it? I don't remember seeing it in quick install or other places when I was trying to remove stuff...
    maybe making things worse... after posted above I used the ipk you just posted, and tried from webos quick install... heres the error message I got this time (the screenshot above is what happened when I used it from (tools-->tweaks-->online repository -->key toss)

anyway here is the 'new' error messages I get trying to install the .ipk above...
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    For whatever it's worth, I'm having (apparently) the same trouble as rhyzer and bdb777. When I try installing the 1.3.1-0 version, Preware throws up a dialog saying "Patch Error Installing: See IPKG log."

The log entry is long. The Install, Confirm, Approve and Unlock sections seem unremarkable and apparently error free. The first apparent problem is in the Postinst section of the log, where I see a line:

"can't find file to patch at input line 177"

and reading along, there are similar warnings about input lines 185, 197, 213, 233, 241, 253, 261, 281, 289

At the end of the log it says:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

For whatever it's worth, I can't install Command Line patch either, which also modifies Universal Search. I haven't had problems with 15 other patches I've currently got installed, and just installed another that I wasn't that interested in (App Catalog show download count) to confirm that Preware wasn't munged.

KeyToss worked fine for me under WebOS 1.2.1
    Thanks. Your Pre seems to be missing all the non-US localization files. Have you used webOS Doctor for 1.3.1? I just checked, and my Pre has the localization files, but webOS Doctor doesn't.

The reason the patch edits the localization files is so that, for example, I can direct users in Spain to Spanish Google, and all users in Europe to a local KeyToss server - if I were to set one up. I was hoping to have just one version of the patch. I'll see if it's possible to modify the patch to ignore the missing files.

If you don't want to wait, you can manually install the patch, but it'll take a little more work than normal...

1. Save this revised (as of Nov 22) patch file, and install it using WebOS Quick Install:
    http://ktimg.com/pre/keysearch_patch...d-search.patch

2. Save this file and "Send" it using WebOS Quick Install to the following directory:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/
    http://ktimg.com/pre/keysearch_patch...on-keytoss.png

3. Save this file and "Send" it using WebOS Quick Install to the following directory:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/
    http://ktimg.com/pre/keysearch_patch...ch-keytoss.png

4. Restart Luna (or the phone).

EDIT: I originally mixed up the destination file paths for the images. I've corrected it above.

EDIT 2: (Nov 22) I've submitted the new patch to the feed, and I've updated the link above to get the new patch file.
    Last edited by samkim; 11/22/2009 at 01:20 PM.
  17.    #37  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $dont$ $ave$ $the$ $command$ $line$ $patch$ $installed$. $I$ $dutifully$ $removed$ $all$ $patches$ $when$ $I$ $did$ $the$ $1$.$3$ $upgrade$, $and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $esp$ $remember$ $having$ $it$ $before$, $and$ $Im$' $even$ $more$ $sure$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $install$ $something$ $after$ $the$ $1$.$3$.

hopefully the screenshot attached.
    I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, I've installed .ipks before, and only one other patch gave a similar kind of error...

this is actually a slightly diff error than I've gotten before; I think w/ preware it gave more of a similar kind of error message as indicated above... but I don't know how to do a palm pre screenshot (I've seen some passing references and pix, indicating it can be done?? hint?)

any help is appreciated.
    The error messages in the screenshot indicate that you're attempting to install the old version of the patch (for 1.2.1). Are you manually dealing with an ipk file in WebOS Quick Install? If so, try the 1.3.1 version of the ipk file, which I link to above, or use the feed.

Preware should only allow you to use a version from the compatible feed.

If you get the same exact error messages as dwhitman, then please see my response above. If you get different errors, please let me know when you can get a screen shot. I don't know off hand how to do that. Sorry.
    the second screenshot is when I used webos quick install to upload teh ipk you just posted...
  19.    #39  
    maybe making things worse... after posted above I used the ipk you just posted, and tried from webos quick install... heres the error message I got this time (the screenshot above is what happened when I used it from (tools-->tweaks-->online repository -->key toss)

anyway here is the 'new' error messages I get trying to install the .ipk above...
    thanks
    Okay, sorry, I didn't see this post until now. You're missing the localization files as well. You can wait 'til I figure out how to modify the patch, or you can try the manual method I decribe above...
    sure I can wait - about to head to bed, then busy weekend... thanks so much , all you guys for the awesome patching/tweaking stuff cuz it sure makes the pre taht much better.

hope its not too hard to solve.
    thanks
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast