Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Anyone have a problem where sounds no longer work with notifications after installing this LED mod?
    I installed preware, then went to available patches > Enable LED Notifications > Ok.

Then I went to settings and turned it on... why doesnt it work?

I tried installing again and it says "Error Installing: See IPKG Log"

*Additionally, the patch does not appear under installed patches.
    Try rebooting: orange + sym + R
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Anyone have a problem where sounds no longer work with notifications after installing this LED mod?
    i have this same problem, was hoping there was a way to fix it. i would like the audio to be on as well just in case im around to hear it. ie treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not a stupid question at all. If you don't know, you don't know. It's in Homebrew, and here's the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

I'd recommend waiting a couple of days though. Instead of using an older version of WebOS QI that could cause problems with your the new version of WebOS; or using it on WebOS 1.1 only to have it overwritten with an update - if you wait a couple of days, the new version of WebOS QI should be up, and will almost certainly have this tweak in it.
    I did what you suggested and not only did I have the LED patch installed, I sort of went "patch/tweak crazy" and really tailored my Palm to do all sorts of fun things.

Special thanks to hparsons for the patience and instructions on how to work with WebOS QI and to a1aone for suggesting Preware which has changed my life!!!
  6. Fuu
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    You are skipping a step. First you need to go into "available apps" and then "IPKG" and install "autopatch feed" then close and restart Preware.

Once you restart Preware, Go into "Available Patches" then "Screen Lock" and "Enable LED Notifications" should be there.
    so i went to available apps, but no IPKG.
    but under the "list of everything" i found the autopatch feed, applied it, restarted Preware.
    then i go to Available Apps, Patch, Screen Lock, and there is only "More Standby Times" and "Reduce Minimum Brightness", NO LED Notification.

am i missing something or is it because im running WebOS 1.1.3 (Germany)?

Edit: or was it removed from the list because of incompatibilities?

Edit2:

DONE.
    i set Preware-Preferences to Update Feeds Once Daily... argh!

But there is still a problem:
    The Patch wont install, Error installing, see IPKG Log:
    "Postinst
    patching file usr/...
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 51.
    ..."
    and so on.

Edit3:
    so i think i found the problem.
    the LED-Notification text is missing in the "securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;.
    so the patch wont find the "//" to remove...
    Last edited by Fuu; 11/08/2009 at 08:19 AM.
  7. Fuu
    Does the LEd-Notification work for anyone with WebOS 1.1.3?
    even editing the 2 Files and adding the Code doesn't work, it just kills the Display Menu...
    i think there is more missing than those Lines to enable LED-notifications.
    Maybe someone else already posted this. I didn't read the whole thread. But your patch is only working for english language users, because you forgot to patch the html files in the
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/
    folder.

I for instance patched the
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de_de/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    file like the securityconfig-scene.html file and it worked. So please include patches for the localized files too.
    i just bought the pixi last week.
    im DYING with out this notification/alert.

i had a 755 and it had the green led to show you missed SOMETHING.

i just spent 2 hours with palm telling them how stupid they are not to have this option.

will this "hack" work on the pixi??

it has webos 1.3.1

like the phone, but heck, i cant use it if im going to babysitting it all the time.
    is it 1989 palm?

thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiesbeck View Post
    i just bought the pixi last week.
    im DYING with out this notification/alert.

i had a 755 and it had the green led to show you missed SOMETHING.

i just spent 2 hours with palm telling them how stupid they are not to have this option.

will this "hack" work on the pixi??

it has webos 1.3.1

like the phone, but heck, i cant use it if im going to babysitting it all the time.
    is it 1989 palm?

thanks guys
    how far did that get you telling Palm they're stupid?

and yes, it works on the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I had a similiar issue where my email notifications stopped. I uninstalled the patch and restarted the phone. The notifications started back up and the LED notifications worked as well. I think that once you install it and turn on the option, you can unistall it and it will keep the option on.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    cool. seems great.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678