Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    mine is 931449518
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It sounds like either you didn't edit the HTML files, or you put them in the wrong place (there were a couple of users that did that).
    Having the same problem and did everything step by step. Not sure what to do.
    Um yeah i messed up!! I deleted everything out of each line and for some ******* reason did it to my back up files... so is there a way to fix this? I need help!! Is there anyone that can give me the info in all the lines?
    Last edited by williescott2; 09/30/2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: adding more questions
    Quote Originally Posted by williescott2 View Post
    Having the same problem and did everything step by step. Not sure what to do.
    Post exactly what you did. Years of troubleshooting have taught me that you don't ask someone if they followed the steps, you ask them what steps they took.
    Now it's time for me to ask an incredibly stupid question... I keep reading about WebOS Quick Install... Where is that? I've looked all over for it and cannot find it. Was it part of Homebrew, or is it in the Apps Catalog? I've done a search there with that exact name and haven't found it.

I would like to enable the LED message indicator, but apparently I can't make it work without WebOS Quick Install...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    Now it's time for me to ask an incredibly stupid question... I keep reading about WebOS Quick Install... Where is that? I've looked all over for it and cannot find it. Was it part of Homebrew, or is it in the Apps Catalog? I've done a search there with that exact name and haven't found it.

I would like to enable the LED message indicator, but apparently I can't make it work without WebOS Quick Install...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    Not a stupid question at all. If you don't know, you don't know. It's in Homebrew, and here's the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

I'd recommend waiting a couple of days though. Instead of using an older version of WebOS QI that could cause problems with your the new version of WebOS; or using it on WebOS 1.1 only to have it overwritten with an update - if you wait a couple of days, the new version of WebOS QI should be up, and will almost certainly have this tweak in it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Just use preware! It's alot easier!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I just used WebosQuickisntall 2.6 and it worked!... Thanks to everyone responsible for posting and guides.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just tried this procedure and it works great!!!....Thanks alot for figuring this out...!!!!
    When I go to the Screen and Lock the page is now blank. Any idea what I did wrong?

EDIT: I guess the securityconfig...jsjsjs $file$ $was$ $corrupted$ $on$ $download$ $from$ $phone$ $somehow$. $Was$ $only$ $about$ $half$ $of$ $the$ $sizer$ $of$ $DrHeathenScum$ $file$ $post$. $Therefore$, $even$ $my$ $backup$ $file$ $was$ $not$ $correct$
    Thanks DrHeathenScum for posting the files - flashing works for me now!!!
    Last edited by donovan34; 10/01/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Edited my post on the 1st page to include instructions for installing this patch via Preware.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    First time doing a "mod" on my phone, went through without a hitch. I used a webosquickinstall version that I had downloaded on 8/22/09 and it worked fine, BUT, i just got a text and the vibrate lasted for almost 4 seconds instead of just 1 second.. all my other texts vibrated fine after the mod, incl the ones i'm still getting, so i don't know what caused that but oh well.

edit: i'm gonna uninstall it and see if it fixes an issue i'm having.. if i go to a text message that had a picture mail inside of it, my phone just freezes up.
    Last edited by costas; 10/01/2009 at 06:59 PM.

Working great, I have blink! I really missed the green LED from my Treo 700p. This is so much cooler.

If you have any *NIX knowledge whatsoever, it's much easier to connect via novaterm or PuTTY, use cp -p to make backup files to /var, and then use vi to edit the files in place in the /usr filesystem. In vi, you can enter ##G (i.e. 97 shift+g) to go right to a specific line number, which helps make sure you are removing the correct characters from the right lines. You can also show line numbers by entering :set numbers

Thanks!
    Paul
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anybody have the original files before blink notifications were enabled? I would like to restore them to use this via Preware now but my backups are on a different computer at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anybody? Appreciate the help...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Here are the original files in a zip. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    wow using preware made this really easy. thanks to jp22382 for pointing this out
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I don't understand how everyone is using preware for the led notifications. Every time i open up preware on my phone it just has "available apps", "available themes", "available patches" and "installed packages". Nowhere in there could I find the Led Notifications. Am i doing something wrong? THanks
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    I don't understand how everyone is using preware for the led notifications. Every time i open up preware on my phone it just has "available apps", "available themes", "available patches" and "installed packages". Nowhere in there could I find the Led Notifications. Am i doing something wrong? THanks
    You are skipping a step. First you need to go into "available apps" and then "IPKG" and install "autopatch feed" then close and restart Preware.

Once you restart Preware, Go into "Available Patches" then "Screen Lock" and "Enable LED Notifications" should be there.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast