Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    EDIT: You can use Notepad++ to edit the files, get that here Browse Notepad++ Files on SourceForge.net

No rooting required. Use WebOS Quick Install, set your phone to developer mode, plug it into your computer, then go to Tools > Receive file

You need to copy 2 files, securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs and securityconfig-scene.html

So in the Receive File window, put /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs in the File box and pick your desktop for the Destination Folder, then click get from device.

Do the same for the next file, but the path is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

Now before you do anything, make backup copies of both of these files in case something gets messed up.

In securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $remove$ $the$ $following$:

// from line 54
    // from line 55

/* from line 248
    */ from line 251

In securityconfig-scene.html remove the following:

<!-- from line 92
    --> from line 97

<!-- from line 101
    --> from line 103

Save those 2 files. Then use WebOS Quick Install, Tools > Send File

Send securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/

Send securityconfig-scene.html from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/

Reset your phone and go to Screen and Lock, and you should have the option for Blink Notifications
    where can I get those two files? please
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    where can I get those two files? please
    Edited saved files Precentral users are great, enjoy
    yay! thanks jp, that was really easy
    Still cannot get the changes to stick. I guess I might just use the patch or wait until a newer version of WOSQI comes out.
    This is extremely strange. I have no idea why the changes aren't sticking. I was able to modify my launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $just$ $fine$ $to$ $give$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $add$/$delete$ $a$ $page$. $I$ $sent$ $the$ $modified$ $file$ $just$ $fine$ $with$ $WOSQI$. $It$ $worked$ $flawlessly$. $For$ $some$ $reason$ $the$ $security$-$assistant$.$js$ $will$ $not$ $stick$. $Baffles$ $me$. $Oh$ $well$. $I$ $am$ $giving$ $up$ $with$ $this$ $and$ $just$ $going$ $to$ $wait$.
    I was able to edit after the first 1.2 update.. since they didnt enable it.. but since i installed the second update, i havent been able to get it to "stick"

(i was tryign to replace with original files but i cant.. but it's still working, the 2nd update didn't replace the modified files)
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    I was able to edit after the first 1.2 update.. since they didnt enable it.. but since i installed the second update, i havent been able to get it to "stick"

(i was tryign to replace with original files but i cant.. but it's still working, the 2nd update didn't replace the modified files)
    Hmmm ... you are talking about the second "mysterious" update some people are seeing correct? Maybe that is why mine won't stick. I webOS Doctored my phone and maybe something in the most current version won't allow you to modify these files with WOSQI. Interesting.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I am no pro but I would recommend you waiting for it to come out via a tweak through preware. That's what iam doing. Then when updates come its nothing more than removing a check mark
    I agree. I would also add that this may not be the best feature to have in some cases... Not that I wouldn't want in but think about it for a min. I have email's, text messages, twitter updates and so on being pushed to me Pre` all the time....

I don't want that thing blinking all day. There would have to be a method to it. It only blinks for missed call's or only blinks for what you set it to blink to. I could see this being more of a problem than a solution especially with the battery being less then perfect!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am sorry if this is a dumb question but would be able to use WordPad instead on Notepad?
    I just used Quick Install 2.6 to make the changes, and it is working ok for me.
    I see a lot of success with this. Awesome.

But, what version of quick os will work with 1.2? Several stickies mention that 1.2 will not work with webos QI 2.6 or before. Is it that it won't work for the tweaks, but file copying (what is needed for this) will indeed work?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    For everyone doing this on a Mac/OSX and don't want to count the lines of code, TextWrangler is the best option.

Bare Bones Software | Download TextWrangler
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    But, what version of quick os will work with 1.2? Several stickies mention that 1.2 will not work with webos QI 2.6 or before. Is it that it won't work for the tweaks, but file copying (what is needed for this) will indeed work?
    2.6 worked for me. But like you mentioned, all I used it for was file copying. So it seems to work fine for that at least. Tweaks with QI are still off limits with 1.2.
    if you use older version of QI like 2.03 it will allow some tweaks like 4x4, hide nfl and nascar , battery %, add pages etc
    Very cool. I never knew about the send and receive files in QI, so that was good to learn. It was super-easy on the Mac, I got the files over, duplicated them in a separate folder for backup, fired up Terminal and edited and saved them in vi, and shipped them back with QI.

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10123 View Post
    if you use older version of QI like 2.03 it will allow some tweaks like 4x4, hide nfl and nascar , battery %, add pages etc
    From what I can determine, hide NFL and NASCAR work in 2.06, but not much else, though the send and receive worked great for this LED fix!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I tried this and all said the file transferred...BUT the ON/OFF switch is MISSING from where it says BLINK NOTIFICATIONS??? ANY THOUGHTS??
    Ahhh, My bad, sorry about that. I somtimes read into messages alittle too deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    I am sorry if this is a dumb question but would be able to use WordPad instead on Notepad?
    That's not a dumb question, it's a very good question, and one that (probably) more people should ask.

WordPad is (very) light word processor. It adds formatting information within the document. It is not a text editor. You want to use a text editor. Notepad is a text editor, though a pretty basic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhotwire View Post
    I tried this and all said the file transferred...BUT the ON/OFF switch is MISSING from where it says BLINK NOTIFICATIONS??? ANY THOUGHTS??
    It sounds like either you didn't edit the HTML files, or you put them in the wrong place (there were a couple of users that did that).
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast